Feb. 17th, 1974
New York City, New York, USA
Jerry O'Connell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Since his auspicious film debut at age 11 in Rob Reiner's classic "Stand By Me," Jerry O'Connell has emerged as one of Hollywood's most versatile and sought-after talents whose credits encompass both television and film.
O'Connell, who begins his sixth season as Detective Woody Hoyt on NBC's hit drama "Crossing Jordan," also includes among his television credits the series "Sliders" for Fox and the Sci Fi Channel, the television movie "What th e Deaf Man Heard" and the NBC miniseries "The '60s."
Born and raised in New York, he took a break from acting fulltime to complete his education at New York University. Upon graduating, O'Connell returned to feature film work, receiving critical acclaim for his role as Cush in "Jerry Maguire," starring Tom Cruise. He also starred in the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced comedy "Kangaroo Jack" and "Tomcats" for Joe Roth's Revolution Studios. Additional screen credits include "Scream 2," "Body Shots," "Can't Hardly Wait" and "Mission To Ma rs."
O'Connell starred in the MGM comedy "Yours, Mine and Ours" with Dennis Quaid and Renee Russo. Next up for O'Connell is "Man About Town" with Ben Affleck and "Cat Tale," an animated film to which he will lend his voice.
O'Connell currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Brother of actor/model 'Charlie O'Connell (I)' (qv).
- Signed by an agent at age 10 and was discovered gobbling up cookies in a Duncan Hines commercial.
- On December 28, 2008, Rebecca and Jerry welcomed fraternal twin daughters, Dolly Rebecca Rose and Charlie Tamara Tulip.
- Worked with 'River Phoenix' (qv) in _Stand by Me (1986)_ (qv), and 'Sean Patrick Flanery' (qv) in _Body Shots (1999)_ (qv). Both Phoenix and Flannery have played the young Indiana Jones.
- During his junior year at NYU film school (for screenwriting), Jerry went to Los Angeles, California, and decided to try out for two TV pilots: _"Sliders" (1995)_ (qv) and a new Fox show called _"Party of Five" (1994)_ (qv). He spent a single day in L.A. and landed the Bailey role in _"Party of Five" (1994)_ (qv), but before he could get back to New York, the studio's first choice for _"Sliders" (1995)_ (qv) backed out. Stuck a day before shooting without a lead, they begged Jerry to fill in. The rest is teen-idol history.
- Father was an art director and mother was an art teacher.
- Married his girlfriend of 2 1/2 years, 'Rebecca Romijn' (qv), in a surprise backyard ceremony. The couple exchanged vows in front of 100 family and friends that thought that they had been invited to a barbecue.
- While practicing his lines for _Stand by Me (1986)_ (qv), was completely impressed that, as an 11-year-old, he was being allowed to swear.