Feb. 17th, 1974
New York City, New York, USA
Jerry O'Connell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Piranha
2009 - Baby on Board
2009 - Obsessed
2006 - Room 6
2006 - The Alibi
2006 - Man About Town
2005 - Yours, Mine and Ours
2004 - Fat Slags
2003 - Kangaroo Jack
2003 - Overnight
2002 - The New Guy
2002 - Buying the Cow
2001 - Tomcats
2000 - Mission to Mars
1999 - Body Shots
1998 - Can't Hardly Wait
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Joe's Apartment
1996 - Jerry Maguire
1988 - Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach
1986 - Stand by Me
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Since his auspicious film debut at age 11 in Rob Reiner's classic "Stand By Me," Jerry O'Connell has emerged as one of Hollywood's most versatile and sought-after talents whose credits encompass both television and film.
O'Connell, who begins his sixth season as Detective Woody Hoyt on NBC's hit drama "Crossing Jordan," also includes among his television credits the series "Sliders" for Fox and the Sci Fi Channel, the television movie "What th e Deaf Man Heard" and the NBC miniseries "The '60s."
Born and raised in New York, he took a break from acting fulltime to complete his education at New York University. Upon graduating, O'Connell returned to feature film work, receiving critical acclaim for his role as Cush in "Jerry Maguire," starring Tom Cruise. He also starred in the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced comedy "Kangaroo Jack" and "Tomcats" for Joe Roth's Revolution Studios. Additional screen credits include "Scream 2," "Body Shots," "Can't Hardly Wait" and "Mission To Ma rs."
O'Connell starred in the MGM comedy "Yours, Mine and Ours" with Dennis Quaid and Renee Russo. Next up for O'Connell is "Man About Town" with Ben Affleck and "Cat Tale," an animated film to which he will lend his voice.
O'Connell currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Father was an art director and mother was an art teacher.
- Signed by an agent at age 10 and was discovered gobbling up cookies in a Duncan Hines commercial.
- (1998-1999) Dated 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv).
- While practicing his lines for _Stand by Me (1986)_ (qv), was completely impressed that, as an 11-year-old, he was being allowed to swear.
- Still hates talking about _Stand by Me (1986)_ (qv) because he was overweight at the time.
- Dated Debra Pelletier.
- While attending NYU, he was saber captain of the varsity fencing team. He was ranked as high as #17 in the country.
- (April 2008) Participated in the annual Drambuie Pursuit in Scotland. The Drambuie Pursuit takes place once a year and includes an archery contest on the first day and then a second day that includes kayaking, a castle run, boating, mountain biking, rock-climbing, rafting, cross-country biking, off-road buggy racing and canoing.