Feb. 17th, 1974
New York City, New York, USA
Jerry O'Connell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Since his auspicious film debut at age 11 in Rob Reiner's classic "Stand By Me," Jerry O'Connell has emerged as one of Hollywood's most versatile and sought-after talents whose credits encompass both television and film.
O'Connell, who begins his sixth season as Detective Woody Hoyt on NBC's hit drama "Crossing Jordan," also includes among his television credits the series "Sliders" for Fox and the Sci Fi Channel, the television movie "What th e Deaf Man Heard" and the NBC miniseries "The '60s."
Born and raised in New York, he took a break from acting fulltime to complete his education at New York University. Upon graduating, O'Connell returned to feature film work, receiving critical acclaim for his role as Cush in "Jerry Maguire," starring Tom Cruise. He also starred in the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced comedy "Kangaroo Jack" and "Tomcats" for Joe Roth's Revolution Studios. Additional screen credits include "Scream 2," "Body Shots," "Can't Hardly Wait" and "Mission To Ma rs."
O'Connell starred in the MGM comedy "Yours, Mine and Ours" with Dennis Quaid and Renee Russo. Next up for O'Connell is "Man About Town" with Ben Affleck and "Cat Tale," an animated film to which he will lend his voice.
O'Connell currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Dated Debra Pelletier.
- Was number 70 on vh1's _"100 Greatest Kid Stars" (2005)_ (qv)
- Signed by an agent at age 10 and was discovered gobbling up cookies in a Duncan Hines commercial.
- While at NYU, he was a Resident Assistant.
- He attended the Professional Children's School in New York City. His classmates included 'Tara Reid' (qv), 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv), 'Macaulay Culkin' (qv), and 'Ben Taylor (I)' (qv).
- On December 28, 2008, Rebecca and Jerry welcomed fraternal twin daughters, Dolly Rebecca Rose and Charlie Tamara Tulip.
- While attending NYU, he was saber captain of the varsity fencing team. He was ranked as high as #17 in the country.
- Still hates talking about _Stand by Me (1986)_ (qv) because he was overweight at the time.