Sep. 19th, 1948
Cowes, Isle of Wight, England, UK
6' 1 1/2"
Jeremy Irons' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Pink Panther 2
2008 - Appaloosa
2006 - Inland Empire
2006 - Eragon
2005 - Kingdom of Heaven
2005 - Casanova
2004 - Being Julia
2002 - The Time Machine
2002 - Callas Forever
2000 - Dungeons & Dragons
1997 - Lolita
1996 - Stealing Beauty
1995 - Die Hard with a Vengeance
1994 - The Lion King
1993 - M. Butterfly
1993 - The House of the Spirits
1992 - Damage
1991 - Kafka
1990 - Reversal of Fortune
1988 - Dead Ringers
1986 - The Mission
1982 - Moonlighting
1981 - The French Lieutenant's Woman
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Narrator
Dr. Captain Jackson
Bar Rag (Voiced)
This very English actor began by busking, and then joined the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School His first break came in the musical Godspell, when he played John the Baptist alongside David Essex. Once described as 'the thinking woman's pin up' he has made his name in most notable, thought provoking films such as Dead Ringers (1988) and gained a Golden Globe Award in addition to an Oscar for Best Actor in 1990 for his role as Claus von Bulow in Reversal of Fortune (1990) alongside Glenn Close.
- Brother-in-law of 'Sorcha Cusack' (qv), 'Niamh Cusack' (qv) and 'Catherine Cusack' (qv).
- Was one of the cast members of cult seventies children's programme, Playaway, from which clips featuring him are regularly repeated on 'Before They Were Famous...' type programmes
- Owns Kilcoe Castle (which he had painted a rusty pink) in County Cork, Ireland, and has become involved in local politics.
- Narrated the "Spaceship Earth" attraction in Epcot.
- His previous jobs include assistant stage manager, house-cleaner, "busker" (singing and playing guitar outside movie theaters), and gardener.
- After being ticketed in England for driving 97 mph. on his BMW motorcycle and being charged with speeding and fined $225.00, he had his motorcycle license suspended for three months (1 June 1995).
- Member of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 2000
- Won the 1984 Tony Award (New York City) for Actor in a Drama for "The Real Thing".