61 (passed away Sep. 12th, 1995)
Nov. 3rd, 1933
Berkswell Grange, Warwickshire, England, UK
Jeremy Brett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- His parents married in 1923.
- Born with a speech impediment that was corrected later by surgery as a teenager.
- Educated at Eton College.
- After training as an actor at the Central School of Speech and Drama in London, Jeremy Brett made his professional stage debut in Manchester, England, in the repertory company of the Library Theatre in 1954. There he became lifelong friends with actor 'Robert Stephens (I)' (qv). They would go on to share rooms and roles, serve as each other's best man, and died within two months of one another.
- Son of Henry William Huggins (military Colonel. DSO, MC, DL) and Elizabeth Edith Cadbury (Butler) Huggins.
- In the scene in _War and Peace (1956)_ (qv) where the Rostov's invite Prince Andrei to go hunting with them, Brett is the only actor never on a mechanical horse. In all his shots he is clearly on a live horse. 'Audrey Hepburn' (qv), 'Henry Fonda' (qv), 'Mel Ferrer (I)' (qv), 'Barry Jones (I)' (qv) and 'May Britt' (qv) are all clearly on mechanical horses in their close shots.
- His father died in 1965.
- His father, Lt. Colonel Henry William "Bill" Huggins, was born in 1890.
Related sites for this celeb