61 (passed away Sep. 12th, 1995)
Nov. 3rd, 1933
Berkswell Grange, Warwickshire, England, UK
Jeremy Brett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has three elder brothers: John, Michael and Patrick.
- Son of Henry William Huggins (military Colonel. DSO, MC, DL) and Elizabeth Edith Cadbury (Butler) Huggins.
- Brett belonged to the Woodmen of Arden, an archery club established in 1758. His father and brothers were also members.
- During a long period of unemployment in 1970 he took an uncredited non-speaking role as a Russian soldier in _Nicholas and Alexandra (1971)_ (qv).
- Suffered from bipolar disorder.
- Brett was left-handed. The character of Sherlock Holmes was right handed. A hand double was used whenever Holmes had to write something close up.
- His father died in 1965.
- Wanted to be a jockey before becoming an actor because he loved horses: "But I got too big to be a jockey."
Related sites for this celeb