Feb. 21st, 1979
Waco, Texas, USA
Jennifer Love Hewitt's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jennifer Love Hewitt (born February 21, 1979) is an American actress, producer, author, television director and singer-songwriter.
She got her first name from her older brother Todd Daniel Hewitt, who picked the name after a little blonde girl he then had a crush on. Hewitt received her middle name after her mother promised her college friend (named "Love") that if she had a daughter, she would name the girl after her.
Hewitt was born in Waco, Texas to, Patricia Mae Hewitt, a speech pathologist and her father, Herbert Daniel Hewiit, is a medical technician. After her parents divorced, Hewitt and Todd were raised by their mother. Pat died on June 12, 2012, aged 67, following a battle with cancer.
She made her official performing debut at age 3 where she sang at a livestock show. At age 5, she was taking tap, jazz, and ballet lessons which led her to joining the Texas Show Team, which toured the Soviet Union and Europe. At age 10, her mother and her moved to L.A. with the encouragement of talent scouts, while Todd stayed behind to finish high school in Texas.
Hewitt quickly found commercial work and a role on Disney's Kid Incorporated (1989–1991). She went through a series of television flops before finally hitting it big on Party of Five (1995–1999).
She appeared as a choir member in Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (1993). Hewitt became a film star after a lead role in the horror film I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997). Hewitt and her co-stars gained popular exposure from the film. She appeared in the sequel I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998). She starred in the high-school comedy Can't Hardly Wait (1998).
She starred alongside 'Sigourney Weaver' in the romantic comedy Heartbreakers (2001) and did voiceover work in the animated film The Hunchback of Notre Dame II (2002) as Madellaine, the main protagonist's love interest. Hewitt wrote and performed "I'm Gonna Love You" for the film; the song won "Best Original Song" at the DVD Premiere Awards.
She starred alongside 'Jackie Chan' in The Tuxedo (2002), which received negative reviews from critics but was a box office success. Hewitt appeared in If Only (2004) and co-wrote and performed "Love Will Show You Everything" and "Take My Heart Back" for the film's soundtrack. She starred in Garfield (2004) and the sequel, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006).
Hewitt starred in the television series Ghost Whisperer (2005–2010), which ran on CBS for five seasons before being canceled by the network in May, 2010.
She starred in the Lifetime film The Client List (2010), for which she received a Golden Globe nomination. The next year, Hewitt starred in the Hallmark Hall of Fame film The Lost Valentine (2011).
In late 2005, Hewitt began dating Scottish actor 'Ross McCall' after he made an appearance on her show Ghost Whisperer. They became engaged in November 2007, while vacationing in Hawaii. People magazine reported that Hewitt called off their engagement in late 2008. She subsequently dated her Ghost Whisperer co-star 'Jamie Kennedy' from March 2009 to March 2010.
Hewitt began dating her The Client List co-star 'Brian Hallisay' in March 2012. In June 2013, Hewitt announced that she and Hallisay are engaged and expecting their first child together. They married (November 21, 2013), and their daughter, Autumn James Hallisay, (b. November 26, 2013).
- Auditioned for the role of Tricia Jones in _Mallrats (1995)_ (qv).
- Lost the role of Darlene in _Brokedown Palace (1999)_ (qv) to 'Kate Beckinsale' (qv) because of scheduling conflicts.
- Is slightly claustrophobic and, while filming an episode of _"Ghost Whisperer" (2005)_ (qv), in an underground tunnel set, a removable wall had to be installed so she could get out quickly.
- Was almost cast as Juliet in _Romeo + Juliet (1996)_ (qv), but at the last moment she lost the part to 'Claire Danes' (qv) because the director felt she wasn't "modern" enough.
- Attended school with actress 'Christine Lakin' (qv). Both graduated from Laurel Springs High School, class of 1997.
- (December 2008) Broke up with 'Ross McCall (I)' (qv) after a three year relationship.
- Broke her finger filming the "flopper dive" scene in _Heartbreakers (2001)_ (qv).
- Was 'Enrique Iglesias (I)' (qv)'s girlfriend in his video for "Hero".