Jul. 24th, 1969
The Bronx, New York, USA
Jennifer Lopez's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jennifer Lopez (born July 24, 1969), in the Castle Hill section of the Bronx. Her father, David, was a computer technician. Her mother, Guadalupe, taught kindergarten. Lopeez is the middle of three daughters. Her elder sister, Leslie, is a housewife who sings opera. Her younger sister, Lynda, is a DJ on New York's WKTU, a VH1 VJ, and a morning news show correspondent on New York's Channel 11.
Lopez's parents were born in Puerto Rico, but did not meet until both came to America. Her mother's parents were Europeans who settled in Puerto Rico. She says that it was her parents' work ethic that made a difference in her life. Lopez took singing and dancing lessons from age 5. She attended 12 years of Catholic school, including an all-girl high school. She played softball and tennis in high school and was a gymnast.
After high school, she briefly worked in a law office. During this time, she continued dance classes at night. At 18, she left home because her mother was scared by her decision to pursue show business. With casting on In Living Color (1990) in 1990, she moved to L.A., but initially hated it. Finally her boy friend, David Cruz, moved to be with her there and she learned to accept her new environment. Her career took off from her Living Color stint and reached new peaks with her portrayal of slain Latino singer Selena (1997).
- Wore a Vera Wang gown to her June 2004 wedding to 'Marc Anthony (I)' (qv)
- Named #31 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Owns a home in Old Westbury - Long Island, New York.
- Grew up in the Castle Hill section of the Bronx. It was from this neighborhood that she took the local "6" train to get to her auditions in Manhattan, as well as the inspiration of her debut album "On the 6".
- Ranked #3 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- Her ex-husband 'Cris Judd' (qv) and ex-fiancee 'Ben Affleck' (qv) share the same birthday. Ben is 3 years younger.
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- 10 April 2006 - Filed a request for injunction against her first husband, Ojani, to stop him from publishing materials that are disparaging. He supposedly signed an non-disclosure agreement in 2004 that prevents him from such a publication.