Jul. 24th, 1969
The Bronx, New York, USA
Jennifer Lopez's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jennifer Lopez (born July 24, 1969), in the Castle Hill section of the Bronx. Her father, David, was a computer technician. Her mother, Guadalupe, taught kindergarten. Lopeez is the middle of three daughters. Her elder sister, Leslie, is a housewife who sings opera. Her younger sister, Lynda, is a DJ on New York's WKTU, a VH1 VJ, and a morning news show correspondent on New York's Channel 11.
Lopez's parents were born in Puerto Rico, but did not meet until both came to America. Her mother's parents were Europeans who settled in Puerto Rico. She says that it was her parents' work ethic that made a difference in her life. Lopez took singing and dancing lessons from age 5. She attended 12 years of Catholic school, including an all-girl high school. She played softball and tennis in high school and was a gymnast.
After high school, she briefly worked in a law office. During this time, she continued dance classes at night. At 18, she left home because her mother was scared by her decision to pursue show business. With casting on In Living Color (1990) in 1990, she moved to L.A., but initially hated it. Finally her boy friend, David Cruz, moved to be with her there and she learned to accept her new environment. Her career took off from her Living Color stint and reached new peaks with her portrayal of slain Latino singer Selena (1997).
- Wore a Vera Wang gown to her June 2004 wedding to 'Marc Anthony (I)' (qv)
- (May 2002) Has relocated to Miami Beach after purchasing an estate there worth $9.1 million. Her neighbors on both sides of the house are 'Robin Gibb' (qv) and 'Barry Gibb (I)' (qv), and singer 'Ricky Martin (I)' (qv) lives eight houses away.
- Released her third album, "This is Me... Then," on November 26th 2002. The first single from the album was the song "Jenny from the Block." Another track, "Baby I Love You!", borrows heavily from the melody of 'John Barry (I)' (qv)'s theme for _Midnight Cowboy (1969)_ (qv). Barry gets co-composer credit.
- At the movie wrap party for _Selena (1997)_ (qv), on October 28 1996 in San Antonio, the star played an unexpected love scene when her boyfriend 'Ojani Noa' (qv) grabbed a microphone and proposed to her in the middle of the dance floor, presenting her with a large marquis-cut diamond ring. She said, "Yes."
- Father David Lopez is a computer specialist at Guardian Insurance in NYC.
- Ranked #5 in Maxim's Hot 100 List 2003, behind _Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)_ (qv) stars 'Drew Barrymore (I)' (qv), 'Lucy Liu' (qv), & 'Cameron Diaz' (qv), and 'Kristanna Loken' (qv), 'Shania Twain' (qv), and top-ranked 'Christina Aguilera' (qv).
- Met her husband, 'Cris Judd' (qv), while filming the music video for her single "Love Don't Cost A Thing". The two were married in a small ceremony (about 170 guests) at a home in a Los Angeles suburb officiated by attorney Barry Hirsch. Judd is a dancer and choreographer.
- In her Bronx neighborhood they call her "The Supernova."