Jul. 24th, 1969
The Bronx, New York, USA
Jennifer Lopez's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jennifer Lopez (born July 24, 1969), in the Castle Hill section of the Bronx. Her father, David, was a computer technician. Her mother, Guadalupe, taught kindergarten. Lopeez is the middle of three daughters. Her elder sister, Leslie, is a housewife who sings opera. Her younger sister, Lynda, is a DJ on New York's WKTU, a VH1 VJ, and a morning news show correspondent on New York's Channel 11.
Lopez's parents were born in Puerto Rico, but did not meet until both came to America. Her mother's parents were Europeans who settled in Puerto Rico. She says that it was her parents' work ethic that made a difference in her life. Lopez took singing and dancing lessons from age 5. She attended 12 years of Catholic school, including an all-girl high school. She played softball and tennis in high school and was a gymnast.
After high school, she briefly worked in a law office. During this time, she continued dance classes at night. At 18, she left home because her mother was scared by her decision to pursue show business. With casting on In Living Color (1990) in 1990, she moved to L.A., but initially hated it. Finally her boy friend, David Cruz, moved to be with her there and she learned to accept her new environment. Her career took off from her Living Color stint and reached new peaks with her portrayal of slain Latino singer Selena (1997).
- She was named one of People magazine's Fifty Most Beautiful People for 1997
- Both her parents are of full European ancestry.
- Is the only woman to have been voted the sexiest woman in the world twice in FHM.
- Debut album went 6 x platinum.
- (June 2002) Came in at #5 in FHM's Sexiest Girls of 2002 poll, American edition. She had come in first in the 2000 & 2001 editions of the poll.
- She and her twins were featured on the front cover of People magazine's March 11, 2008 issue when they were four weeks old. People paid $6 million for the photos.
- Stepmom of her husband Marc's 3 children Ariana, Cristian and Ryan.
- She moved to Manhattan to learn how to dance and used to sleep in the studio where she was practicing.