Feb. 11th, 1969
Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California, USA
Jennifer Aniston's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jennifer Joanna Aniston (born February 11, 1969) is an American actress, film director, and producer. Aniston's film career began in the horror film Leprechaun (1993). She gained worldwide recognition in the 1990s for portraying Rachel Green on the television sitcom Friends (1994–2004), a role which earned her an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. In 2012, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Additionally, Men's Health magazine voted Aniston the "Sexiest Woman of All Time".
Aniston was born in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California to actors 'John Aniston' and 'Nancy Dow'. Her father is Greek and a native of Crete, while her mother was born in New York City. One of her maternal great-grandfathers was an Italian immigrant, and her mother's other ancestry is Scottish, Irish, and a small amount of Greek.
Aniston has two half-brothers, John Melick, her maternal older half-brother, and Alex Aniston, her younger paternal half-brother. Aniston's godfather was actor 'Telly Savalas', one of her father's best friends. Aniston spent a year of her childhood living in Greece with her family. Her family then relocated to New York City where her parents, 'John Aniston' and 'Nancy Dow', divorced when she was 9. Jennifer was raised by her mother and her father landed a role, as "Victor Kiriakis", on the daytime soap Days of Our Lives (1965). Aniston had her first taste of acting at age 11 when she joined the 'Rudolf Steiner' School's drama club. It was also at the 'Rudolf Steiner' School that she developed her passion for art. She began her professional training as a drama student at New York's High School of the Performing Arts.
In 1987, after graduation, she appeared in such Off-Broadway productions as "For Dear Life" and "Dancing on Checker's Grave". In 1989, she landed her first television role, as a series regular on Molloy (1990). She also appeared in The Edge (1992), Ferris Bueller Day Off (1990), and had a recurring part on Herman's Head (1991). Aniston has also enjoyed a successful Hollywood film career. She gained critical acclaim for her performances in the independent films She's the One (1996), Office Space (1999), The Good Girl (2002) and Friends with Money (2006). She has had her greatest commercial successes with the films Bruce Almighty (2003), Along Came Polly (2004), The Break-Up (2006), Marley & Me (2008), He's Just Not That Into You (2009), The Bounty Hunter (2010), Just Go with It (2011), Horrible Bosses (2011) and We're the Millers (2013). She is the co-founder of the production company Echo Films.
In May 1998, Aniston began dating actor 'Brad Pitt'. They married (July 29, 2000), in a private wedding ceremony in Malibu. For a few years, their marriage was considered the rare Hollywood success. They announced their separation on January 6, 2005. Pitt and Aniston were seen together publicly after announcing their separation, even at a dinner party for Aniston's 36th birthday, and friends of the couple had declared they were reconciling. Aniston, however, filed for divorce on March 25, 2005. It was finalized (October 2, 2005). During this period there was intense speculation in the media that Pitt had been unfaithful to Aniston with his Mr. & Mrs. Smith co-star, 'Angelina Jolie'. In the following months, the public's reaction towards the divorce was reported in the press. Aniston revealed that her divorce prompted her to reach out to her mother, Nancy, from whom she was estranged for nearly a decade. Aniston has also stated she was devastated by the death of her longtime therapist, whose work assisted her separation from Pitt easier. Aniston said her relationship with Pitt, which she does not regret, was "seven very intense years together" and that "it was a beautiful, complicated relationship".
After her divorce, Aniston began a relationship with actor 'Vince Vaughn', with whom she co-starred in The Break-Up. Relationship troubles were reported in September 2006, followed by a confirmed split in December of that year. In February 2008, she began dating singer John Mayer. The couple broke up in August, but they resumed the relationship in October before splitting again in March 2009.
In May 2011, Aniston began a relationship with actor 'Justin Theroux'. In January 2012, Aniston and Theroux purchased a home in Los Angeles's Bel-Air neighborhood for roughly $22 million. On August 12, 2012, Aniston and Theroux announced their engagement. Aniston is the godmother of Coco Riley Arquette, the daughter of her good friends, actors 'Courteney Cox' and 'David Arquette'.
- Her birth name is Jennifer Aniston, not Jennifer Anastasakis. Her father 'John Aniston' (qv) had changed the spelling of his last name to Aniston from Anastasakis before his marriage to 'Nancy Dow' (qv), and the last name that appears on Jennifer's birth certificate is Aniston.
- Chosen in 1999 as one of People Magazine's Most Beautiful People in the World.
- Often plays a waitress - her characters in _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv), _Office Space (1999)_ (qv), _The Iron Giant (1999)_ (qv) and _Along Came Polly (2004)_ (qv) were all waitresses.
- Best friend of 'Courteney Cox' (qv).
- Named #41 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement.
- Nationally famous Finnish songwriter 'Anssi Kela' (qv) has written a song called "Jennifer Aniston". The tragic story is about a paper mill that was moved to China resulting in many people left unemployed. Jennifer Aniston appears in the "singer's" recurring dream. The song was released in the album "Rakkaus" on Murhaa 10/19/2005.
- She and husband 'Brad Pitt' (qv) reached a settlement with Damiani International Jewelers on 1/11/02. The pair claimed the company agreed to never reproduce their wedding rings, but it manufactured and sold "Brad and Jennifer" rings in 18-karat white or yellow gold for about $1,000 apiece. Under the settlement, Pitt will design jewelry for Damiani that Aniston will model in ads, and Damiani will stop selling the "Brad and Jennifer" copies.
- Has said that her favorite food is Mexican, and that (when they were still together), she and 'Brad Pitt' (qv) would get Mexican food and margaritas three times a week.