Jun. 26th, 1992
Long Beach, California, USA
Jennette McCurdy's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jennette McCurdy (born June 26, 1992) is an American film and television actress, and country pop singer-songwriter. She is known for her role as Sam Puckett on the Nickelodeon sitcom iCarly and is currently reprising her role in the spin-off series Sam & Cat. She has also appeared in a number of notable television series, including Victorious, Zoey 101, True Jackson, VP, Malcolm in the Middle, and Lincoln Heights.
McCurdy was born in Long Beach, California, and was raised in Garden Grove, California. She has three older brothers named Marcus, Scott, and Dustin. She gained interest in acting after watching 'Harrison Ford' in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope right after her mother recovered from breast cancer.
In addition to her acting ambitions, McCurdy enjoys many activities including dance, karate, ice skating, piano, cooking, reading, writing, and watching movies. Her other talents and skills include roller blading, skateboarding, singing, baseball, basketball, and trampoline. She hopes to someday graduate from film school and dreams of turning her own screenplays into movies. She loves performing in front of the camera and is equally fascinated by the many aspects of production that take place behind-the-scenes.
McCurdy composed an article titled, "Off-Camera, My Mom's Fight With Cancer", that was published in the Wall Street Journal on June 11, 2011. It describes in detail, her mother Debra's on-going battle with cancer and how her family is coping with the situation. The article also features tips from McCurdy on living with such a situation. On September 20, 2013, her mother, Debra McCurdy, died after battling cancer for 17 years.
Her best friend is Ariana Grande.
McCurdy briefly dated NBA player Andre Drummond in September 2013.
- She has three dogs (Snoopy, Chewie and Musashi) and two turtles (Tootsen and Zeus).
- She has three older brothers named Marcus, Dustin and Scott.
- Loves to read and write poetry and screenplays.
- Collects stuffed animals, hats, books and crafts.
- She is a StarPower Ambassador for the Starlight Children's Foundation.
- She was inspired to become an actress by 'Harrison Ford (I)' (qv) after watching _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv). She was fortunate enough to be able to act alongside her idol in _Hollywood Homicide (2003)_ (qv).