Mar. 7th, 1974
Ft. Wayne, Indiana, USA
Jenna Fischer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jenna Fischer (born Regina Marie Fischer; March 7, 1974) is an Emmy-nominated actress. She's best known for playing the character of receptionist Pam Beesley in The Office (2005).
Born in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Raised in St. Louis, Missouri, after graduating from high school, she studied theater arts at Truman State University. She made her debut as a professional actress in the 1998 film Born Champion (1998).
Fischer wrote and directed the mock-documentary LolliLove (2004), which starred her and her ex-husband, filmmaker 'James Gunn'. The movie had its premier in November 2004 at the St. Louis International Film Festival in November 2004. In 2007, she was nominated as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role of Pam in The Office (2005), losing out to 'Jaime Pressly' in My Name Is Earl (2005). The very talented Fischer should be in line for many more nominations and awards in the future.
- Is best friends with _"The Office" (2005)_ (qv) co-star, 'Angela Kinsey' (qv), and is Godmother to Kinsey's daughter, Isabel.
- Took her first acting class with 'Sean Gunn (I)' (qv) (who stars as Kirk on WB's _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv)) at the age of six in St. Louis, Missouri. The class was taught by her mother, 'Anne Fischer' (qv). Jenna and Sean stayed in touch over the years and in October 2000 she married his brother, writer/director 'James Gunn (II)' (qv) The two are now divorced.
- Auditioned for the role of Sydney Bristow in _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv), but was never called back. She later said, "They said they liked my acting, but I wasn't hot enough.
- Fractured her back in four places after falling down a set of stairs at the NYC bar, Buddakan, on May 15, 2007.
- Daughter of 'Anne Fischer' (qv).
- First met ex-husband 'James Gunn (II)' (qv) at a script reading for _The Specials (2000)_ (qv), which he wrote.
- Worked as a receptionist in various offices. Types 85 WPM with 90% accuracy.
- Went to Nerinx Hall, an all girls Catholic school in Webster Groves, Missouri.