Mar. 7th, 1974
Ft. Wayne, Indiana, USA
5' 5 1/2
Jenna Fischer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Are You Here
2008 - The Promotion
2007 - Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story
2007 - The Brothers Solomon
2007 - Blades of Glory
2006 - Slither
2005 - The 40 Year Old Virgin
2004 - LolliLove
2004 - Employee of the Month
2003 - Melvin Goes to Dinner
2000 - The Specials
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Celebrity Guest
Emmy-nominated actress Jenna Fischer, best known for playing the character of receptionist Pam Beesley in "The Office" (2005), was born Regina Marie Fischer in Fort Wayne, Indiana, on March 7, 1974. Raised in St. Louis, Missouri, after graduating from high school, she studied theater arts at Truman State University. She made her debut as a professional actress in the 1998 film Born Champion (1998).
Fischer wrote and directed the mock-documentary LolliLove (2004), which starred her and her ex-husband, filmmaker James Gunn (II). The movie had its premier in November 2004 at the St. Louis International Film Festival in November 2004. In 2007, she was nominated as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role of Pam in "The Office" (2005), losing out to Jaime Pressly in "My Name Is Earl" (2005). The very talented Fischer should be in line for many more nominations and awards in the future.
- Graduated from Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri
- Went to Nerinx Hall, an all girls Catholic school in Webster Groves, Missouri.
- Took her first acting class with 'Sean Gunn (I)' (qv) (who stars as Kirk on WB's _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv)) at the age of six in St. Louis, Missouri. The class was taught by her mother, 'Anne Fischer' (qv). Jenna and Sean stayed in touch over the years and in October 2000 she married his brother, writer/director 'James Gunn (II)' (qv) The two are now divorced.
- Former sister-in-law of 'Brian Gunn' (qv), 'Matt Gunn' (qv), 'Patrick Gunn (I)' (qv) and 'Sean Gunn (I)' (qv).
- Fractured her back in four places after falling down a set of stairs at the NYC bar, Buddakan, on May 15, 2007.
- #37 in People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful, 2006 issue.
- Auditioned for the role of Sydney Bristow in _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv), but was never called back. She later said, "They said they liked my acting, but I wasn't hot enough.
- Got engaged to Lee Kirk on June 30, 2009.