Mar. 7th, 1974
Ft. Wayne, Indiana, USA
Jenna Fischer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Hall Pass
2011 - A Little Help
2009 - Official Rejection
2008 - The Promotion
2007 - Blades of Glory
2007 - The Brothers Solomon
2007 - Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story
2006 - Slither
2005 - The 40 Year Old Virgin
2004 - LolliLove
2004 - Employee of the Month
2003 - Melvin Goes to Dinner
2000 - The Specials
0 - You Are Here
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Jenna Fischer (born Regina Marie Fischer; March 7, 1974) is an Emmy-nominated actress. She's best known for playing the character of receptionist Pam Beesley in The Office (2005).
Born in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Raised in St. Louis, Missouri, after graduating from high school, she studied theater arts at Truman State University. She made her debut as a professional actress in the 1998 film Born Champion (1998).
Fischer wrote and directed the mock-documentary LolliLove (2004), which starred her and her ex-husband, filmmaker 'James Gunn'. The movie had its premier in November 2004 at the St. Louis International Film Festival in November 2004. In 2007, she was nominated as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role of Pam in The Office (2005), losing out to 'Jaime Pressly' in My Name Is Earl (2005). The very talented Fischer should be in line for many more nominations and awards in the future.
- Went to Nerinx Hall, an all girls Catholic school in Webster Groves, Missouri.
- Mother 'Anne Fischer' (qv) and younger sister Emily are both elementary school teachers.
- Connected to many "Jims" in her life - her father Jim Fischer, her ex-husband 'James Gunn (II)' (qv), 'Jim Zulevic' (qv) (who cast her in _The Specials (2000)_ (qv) and subsequently introduced her to James), and finally (and more famously known), her TV counterpart Jim Halpert (played by 'John Krasinski' (qv)).
- Former sister-in-law of 'Brian Gunn' (qv), 'Matt Gunn' (qv), 'Patrick Gunn (I)' (qv) and 'Sean Gunn (I)' (qv).
- Took her first acting class with 'Sean Gunn (I)' (qv) (who stars as Kirk on WB's _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv)) at the age of six in St. Louis, Missouri. The class was taught by her mother, 'Anne Fischer' (qv). Jenna and Sean stayed in touch over the years and in October 2000 she married his brother, writer/director 'James Gunn (II)' (qv) The two are now divorced.
- Considered becoming a veterinarian due to her love for animals; ultimately opted for working with Kitten Rescue and being the proud owner of a dog and a cat (Andy, featured prominently with Jenna in 2006 issue of People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful).
- Originally enrolled at Truman State University as a Pre-Law student; later changed to Theatre.
- Auditioned for the role of Sydney Bristow in _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv), but was never called back. She later said, "They said they liked my acting, but I wasn't hot enough.