Mar. 7th, 1974
Ft. Wayne, Indiana, USA
5' 5 1/2
Jenna Fischer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Promotion
2007 - Blades of Glory
2007 - The Brothers Solomon
2007 - Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story
2006 - Slither
2005 - The 40 Year Old Virgin
2004 - LolliLove
2004 - Employee of the Month
2003 - Melvin Goes to Dinner
2000 - The Specials
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Celebrity Guest
Emmy-nominated actress Jenna Fischer, best known for playing the character of receptionist Pam Beesley in "The Office" (2005), was born Regina Marie Fischer in Fort Wayne, Indiana, on March 7, 1974. Raised in St. Louis, Missouri, after graduating from high school, she studied theater arts at Truman State University. She made her debut as a professional actress in the 1998 film Born Champion (1998).
Fischer wrote and directed the mock-documentary LolliLove (2004), which starred her and her ex-husband, filmmaker James Gunn (II). The movie had its premier in November 2004 at the St. Louis International Film Festival in November 2004. In 2007, she was nominated as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role of Pam in "The Office" (2005), losing out to Jaime Pressly in "My Name Is Earl" (2005). The very talented Fischer should be in line for many more nominations and awards in the future.
- Mother 'Anne Fischer' (qv) and younger sister Emily are both elementary school teachers.
- Is a fan of the NFL's Dallas Cowboys.
- Has one sibling - Emily, her younger sister.
- Originally enrolled at Truman State University as a Pre-Law student; later changed to Theatre.
- On _"The Office" (2005)_ (qv), the characters are all put off by Angela's ('Angela Kinsey' (qv)) creepy preoccupation with cute pictures of cats. In real life, Fischer has admitted she is an enthusiast of the same thing.
- Former sister-in-law of 'Brian Gunn' (qv), 'Matt Gunn' (qv), 'Patrick Gunn (I)' (qv) and 'Sean Gunn (I)' (qv).
- First met ex-husband 'James Gunn (II)' (qv) at a script reading for _The Specials (2000)_ (qv), which he wrote.
- Considered becoming a veterinarian due to her love for animals; ultimately opted for working with Kitten Rescue and being the proud owner of a dog and a cat (Andy, featured prominently with Jenna in 2006 issue of People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful).