Mar. 7th, 1974
Ft. Wayne, Indiana, USA
Jenna Fischer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jenna Fischer (born Regina Marie Fischer; March 7, 1974) is an Emmy-nominated actress. She's best known for playing the character of receptionist Pam Beesley in The Office (2005).
Born in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Raised in St. Louis, Missouri, after graduating from high school, she studied theater arts at Truman State University. She made her debut as a professional actress in the 1998 film Born Champion (1998).
Fischer wrote and directed the mock-documentary LolliLove (2004), which starred her and her ex-husband, filmmaker 'James Gunn'. The movie had its premier in November 2004 at the St. Louis International Film Festival in November 2004. In 2007, she was nominated as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role of Pam in The Office (2005), losing out to 'Jaime Pressly' in My Name Is Earl (2005). The very talented Fischer should be in line for many more nominations and awards in the future.
- Former sister-in-law of 'Brian Gunn' (qv), 'Matt Gunn' (qv), 'Patrick Gunn (I)' (qv) and 'Sean Gunn (I)' (qv).
- On _"The Office" (2005)_ (qv), the characters are all put off by Angela's ('Angela Kinsey' (qv)) creepy preoccupation with cute pictures of cats. In real life, Fischer has admitted she is an enthusiast of the same thing.
- Graduated from Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri
- #37 in People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful, 2006 issue.
- Has one sibling - Emily, her younger sister.
- First met ex-husband 'James Gunn (II)' (qv) at a script reading for _The Specials (2000)_ (qv), which he wrote.
- Auditioned for the role of Sydney Bristow in _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv), but was never called back. She later said, "They said they liked my acting, but I wasn't hot enough.
- Daughter of 'Anne Fischer' (qv).