Jan. 10th, 1974
Jemaine Clement's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2016 - The BFG
2015 - Don Verdean
2015 - People Places Things
2014 - Rio 2
2014 - What We Do in the Shadows
2014 - Misery Loves Comedy
2014 - Muppets Most Wanted
2011 - Rio
2010 - Despicable Me
2010 - Dinner for Schmucks
2009 - Gentlemen Broncos
2009 - Diagnosis: Death
2007 - Eagle vs. Shark
2002 - Tongan Ninja
Guest TV Roles
Father Black Donahue
Eric's Tennis Double
Jemaine Clement (born 10 January 1974) is a New Zealand comedian, actor and musician, best known as one half of the musical comedy duo Flight of the Conchords along with Bret McKenzie.
Clement was born in New Zealand and raised by his Māori mother, in the Wairarapa region. He moved to New Zealand's capital Wellington, where he studied drama and film at Victoria University of Wellington. There he met Taika Waititi (a.k.a. Taika Cohen) with whom he went on to form So You're a Man and The Humourbeasts. In 2004, the Humourbeasts toured New Zealand in a stage show titled The Untold Tales of Maui, a rework of the traditional Maori legends ofMāui. The duo received New Zealand's highest comedy honour, the Billy T Award.
MusicIt was at Victoria University that Clement and Bret McKenzie formed Flight of the Conchords. They have toured internationally and released four CDs: Folk the World Tour in 2002, The Distant Future EP in 2007, Flight of the Conchords in 2008 and I Told You I Was Freaky in 2009. The Conchords produced a six-part improvisational comedy radio program on BBC Radio 2 and have appeared on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, The Late Show with David Letterman and The Late Late Show. After appearing in 2005 on HBO's One Night Stand, the Conchords were offered their own 12-part HBO series Flight of the Conchords. Its first season ran from June to September 2007, and was renewed for a second season, which aired on HBO in the US from January to March 2009. In December 2009, the Conchords announced the show would not have a third season.
- He met Taika Waititi (a.k.a. 'Taika Cohen' (qv)) at Victoria University and they later went on to form the Humourbeasts.
- He was also a writer and cast member of the television shows Skitz and Tellylaughs in New Zealand.
- One half of New Zealand 'folk comedy' duo Flight of the Conchords, with 'Bret McKenzie' (qv).
- It was at Victoria University that Clement met 'Bret McKenzie' (qv), and together they formed Flight of the Conchords.
- He moved to Wellington where he studied drama and film at Victoria University of Wellington.
- In 1999, he was a Radio Awards Winner as writer for Trashed, for Channel Z, Wellington.
- Describes his heritage as "part Maori, part European.".
- In 2000 he was given a Special Radio Awards Commendation for The Sunglass Store.