Apr. 22nd, 1966
Seattle, Washington, USA
Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Salvation
2014 - They Came Together
2012 - The Possession
2012 - Peace, Love & Misunderstanding
2011 - Red Dawn
2010 - Shanghai
2010 - The Resident
2010 - Jonah Hex
2010 - The Losers
2009 - Taking Woodstock
2009 - Watchmen
2009 - Watchmen
2008 - The Accidental Husband
2007 - Kabluey
2007 - Fred Claus
2007 - Live!
2007 - P.S. I Love You
2006 - Chasing Ghosts
2004 - Six: The Mark Unleashed
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Jeffrey Dean Morgan's leading-man charisma, undeniable charm and versatility have landed him a variety of prestigious feature films working alongside a number of award-winning actors and filmmakers. With a handful of upcoming major studio films, Morgan has captured the attention of Hollywood and is fast establishing himself as an emerging movie star.
Morgan stars in the highly anticipated Warner Bros. feature Watchmen (2009), writer/director Zack Snyder's (300 (2006)) adaptation of the iconic graphic novel. He plays the pivotal role of The Comedian, a Vietnam vet who is a member of a group of heroes called the Watchmen. The busy actor has also completed production in Upstate New York on Oscar-winning director Ang Lee's Taking Woodstock (2009) for Focus Features. The film is an adaptation of the memoir of 'Elliot Tiber', who played a role in helping the historic 1969 music festival unfold on his neighbor's farm. Morgan plays Dan, the brother of Emile Hirsch's character and a closeted gay married man who is having an affair with Elliot ('Demetri Martin').
He will also be seen in a starring role opposite 'Kirsten Dunst' and 'Ryan Gosling on Michael London's Groundswell Productions' All Good Things (2009), also for The Weinstein Co. The feature film, directed by 'Andrew Jarecki', is a love story/murder mystery that is set in the 1970s/1980s and present day New York. Morgan's past roles include co-starring as the love interest to 'Hilary Swank''s character Holly in Warner Bros. P.S. I Love You (2007), directed by 'Richard LaGravenese'. He played William Gallagher, a charming and sexy Irish singer who Holly falls for in Dublin.
He also starred opposite 'Uma Thurman' in Yari Film Group's romantic comedy, The Accidental Husband (2008), directed by 'Griffin Dunne'. Additional feature credits include a cameo role opposite 'Rachel Weisz' in Warner Bros. comedy Fred Claus (2007), and the independent office comedy Kabluey (2007), in which he plays a charismatic yet smarmy co-worker to Lisa Kudrow's character.
Morgan endeared himself to audiences with his recurring role on ABC's smash hit series Grey's Anatomy (2005). His dramatic arc as heart patient Denny Duquette, who wins the heart of intern Izzie Stevens ('Katherine Heigl') in a star-crossed romance, made him an unqualified fan favorite. He also had recurring roles on The CW and Warner Bros. Television's drama series, Supernatural (2005), and on Showtime and Lions Gate Television's Golden Globe-nominated half-hour comedy series, Weeds (2005).
In his spare time, Morgan enjoys barbecuing on the grill, reading, watching movies and listening to his favorite band, 'Eagles'. The Seattle native also loves to root for his home team, the Seattle Seahawks. He resides in Los Angeles with his dog Bisou Morgan.
- He has a dog named Bisou, which means "a little and sweet kiss" in French. Bisou is a female 9-year-old Rottweiler mix.
- Recently broke up with his _"Weeds" (2005)_ (qv) co-star, 'Mary-Louise Parker' (qv).
- Under "skills," his résumé lists: basketball, baseball and many other sports, Mountain & Water Athletics, Cooking, Construction. Under "dialects," it lists: New York, Italian, various regional dialects.
- Learned to play the guitar for his part in _P.S. I Love You (2007)_ (qv), after about a week of lessons from 'Heart (I)' (qv)'s 'Nancy Wilson (I)' (qv).
- He is friends with his agent, Richard Lewis, whose support was "invaluable in keeping me going and getting back to where I am today."
- His mother, Sandy, is a big fan of _"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)_ (qv).
- In his free time he enjoys spending time with his friends and laughing as much as possible, painting, writing and reading.
- His former manager (who happened to be a very good friend of his) dropped him because he just wasn't getting work just the day before he got his role on _"Supernatural" (2005)_ (qv), claiming she couldn't resurrect his career.