Apr. 22nd, 1966
Seattle, Washington, USA
Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jeffrey Dean Morgan's leading-man charisma, undeniable charm and versatility have landed him a variety of prestigious feature films working alongside a number of award-winning actors and filmmakers. With a handful of upcoming major studio films, Morgan has captured the attention of Hollywood and is fast establishing himself as an emerging movie star.
Morgan stars in the highly anticipated Warner Bros. feature Watchmen (2009), writer/director Zack Snyder's (300 (2006)) adaptation of the iconic graphic novel. He plays the pivotal role of The Comedian, a Vietnam vet who is a member of a group of heroes called the Watchmen. The busy actor has also completed production in Upstate New York on Oscar-winning director Ang Lee's Taking Woodstock (2009) for Focus Features. The film is an adaptation of the memoir of 'Elliot Tiber', who played a role in helping the historic 1969 music festival unfold on his neighbor's farm. Morgan plays Dan, the brother of Emile Hirsch's character and a closeted gay married man who is having an affair with Elliot ('Demetri Martin').
He will also be seen in a starring role opposite 'Kirsten Dunst' and 'Ryan Gosling on Michael London's Groundswell Productions' All Good Things (2009), also for The Weinstein Co. The feature film, directed by 'Andrew Jarecki', is a love story/murder mystery that is set in the 1970s/1980s and present day New York. Morgan's past roles include co-starring as the love interest to 'Hilary Swank''s character Holly in Warner Bros. P.S. I Love You (2007), directed by 'Richard LaGravenese'. He played William Gallagher, a charming and sexy Irish singer who Holly falls for in Dublin.
He also starred opposite 'Uma Thurman' in Yari Film Group's romantic comedy, The Accidental Husband (2008), directed by 'Griffin Dunne'. Additional feature credits include a cameo role opposite 'Rachel Weisz' in Warner Bros. comedy Fred Claus (2007), and the independent office comedy Kabluey (2007), in which he plays a charismatic yet smarmy co-worker to Lisa Kudrow's character.
Morgan endeared himself to audiences with his recurring role on ABC's smash hit series Grey's Anatomy (2005). His dramatic arc as heart patient Denny Duquette, who wins the heart of intern Izzie Stevens ('Katherine Heigl') in a star-crossed romance, made him an unqualified fan favorite. He also had recurring roles on The CW and Warner Bros. Television's drama series, Supernatural (2005), and on Showtime and Lions Gate Television's Golden Globe-nominated half-hour comedy series, Weeds (2005).
In his spare time, Morgan enjoys barbecuing on the grill, reading, watching movies and listening to his favorite band, 'Eagles'. The Seattle native also loves to root for his home team, the Seattle Seahawks. He resides in Los Angeles with his dog Bisou Morgan.
- In his free time he enjoys spending time with his friends and laughing as much as possible, painting, writing and reading.
- He and his _Watchmen (2009)_ (qv) co-star 'Billy Crudup' (qv) both have been in a relationship with 'Mary-Louise Parker' (qv). Crudup lived with her from 1996-2003 and they have a son together. Morgan started dating Parker in 2008, they became engaged, but eventually broke up.
- Did a painting and donated it to the 'Race for the Rescues' "Walk of Paws Celebrity Art Auction," on October 29, 2006. The money raised at the event went to help shelter dogs and cats in and around Pasadena, CA.
- Recently broke up with his _"Weeds" (2005)_ (qv) co-star, 'Mary-Louise Parker' (qv).
- Learned to play the guitar for his part in _P.S. I Love You (2007)_ (qv), after about a week of lessons from 'Heart (I)' (qv)'s 'Nancy Wilson (I)' (qv).
- Started a graphic art company in Seattle before moving to Los Angeles and becoming an actor.
- He is friends with his agent, Richard Lewis, whose support was "invaluable in keeping me going and getting back to where I am today."
- He has a dog named Bisou, which means "a little and sweet kiss" in French. Bisou is a female 9-year-old Rottweiler mix.