Oct. 22nd, 1952
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
6' 4 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Detective Zach Nichols
Himself - Guest
Verminous Skumm (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Born Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum on October 22, 1952 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, actor Jeff Goldblum began his career on the New York stage after moving to the city at the age of seventeen.
Possessing his own unique style of delivery, Goldblum made an impression on moviegoers with little more than a single line in Woody Allen's Annie Hall (1977), when he fretted about having forgotten his mantra. Goldblum went on to appear in the remake Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) before a high-profile turn in the classic ensemble film The Big Chill (1983).
The quirky actor turned up in the suitably quirky film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984), which became a 1980s cult classic, then went on to a breakthrough role in the David Cronenberg remake The Fly (1986), which also featured actress Geena Davis, Goldblum's wife from 1987-1990 and co-star in two additional films: Transylvania 6-5000 (1985) and Julien Temple's Earth Girls Are Easy (1988).
Goldblum was the rather unlikely star of some of the biggest blockbusters of the 1990s: Steven Spielberg's dinosaur adventure Jurassic Park (1993) and its sequel, The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997), as well as the alien invasion flick Independence Day (1996). These films saw Goldblum playing the type of intellectual characters he's become associated with.
Recent roles have included critically acclaimed turns in Igby Goes Down (2002) and Wes Anderson (I)'s The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004).
- In a jazz band called "The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra" with actor 'Peter Weller (I)' (qv), they perform at local clubs in Los Angeles. They were also in a band together in the movie _The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984)_ (qv).
- After playing the victim of an alien invasion in the remake of _Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)_ (qv), he appears in two films in which he fights aliens: _The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984)_ (qv) and _Independence Day (1996)_ (qv). Also one where he plays an alien: _Earth Girls Are Easy (1988)_ (qv).
- Is the voice behind the iMac/iBook commercials for Apple Computer.
- (1995-1997) Engaged to 'Laura Dern' (qv).
- He can wiggle his ears one at a time. He demonstated this talent on _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv).
- Born on the same day as actor 'Christopher Lloyd (I)' (qv).
- Studied acting at New York City's prestigious Neighborhood Playhouse under the guidance of legendary acting coach, 'Sanford Meisner' (qv).
- Has worked twice with three of the writers of _Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)_ (qv): the film's director, 'Steven Spielberg' (qv), directed him in _Jurassic Park (1993)_ (qv) and _The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)_ (qv); the screenwriter, 'Lawrence Kasdan' (qv), directed him in _The Big Chill (1983)_ (qv) and _Silverado (1985)_ (qv). 'Philip Kaufman (I)' (qv), whose idea it was for Indy to pursue the Ark of the Covenant, directed him in _Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)_ (qv) and _The Right Stuff (1983)_ (qv).