Apr. 20th, 1968
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA
J.D. Roth's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Jonathan 'Jonny' Quest (Voiced)
Himself - Narrator
Boy at Party (segment "Time and Teresa Golowitz")
Just before J.D. Roth hosted a series of game shows (between children and adults) for 14 years, (including "Fun House" (1988), which ran from 1988 to 1991 and "Animal Planet ZOOventure" (1997), which ran from 1997 to 1998), he was a contestant on Star Search, and (as an actor), he made numerous guest appearances on The Equalizer, As The World Turns and Charles in Charge. After hosting Fun House, he then founded Slam Dunk Productions, on which he served as the executive producer of the short-lived "Double Up" (1992), Mad Libs & "Moolah Beach" (2001). In October 2000, he hosted his first adult game show, "Sex Wars" (2000), with Jennifer Cole, after hosting a lot of kids game shows, and what he knew was that a lot of kids who grew up watching the shows J.D. had hosted should enjoy watching an adult game show, but it lasted for only a year.
- An avid sports fan and basketball player.
- Became an actor at age 10, and has been working in television commercials, ever since.
- Graduated from Cherry Hill High School East in 1986.
- Has two sons, Cooper and Duncan.
- Was a finalist on _"Star Search" (1983)_ (qv).
- Is the founder & CEO of 3 Ball Productions, along with 'Todd A. Nelson' (qv).
- The youngest game show host ever to produced his first production company, Slam Dunk Productions.
- Is a childhood fan of _"Jonny Quest" (1964)_ (qv).