Jan. 18th, 1980
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jason Segel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Sex Tape
2010 - Gulliver's Travels
2010 - Despicable Me
2009 - I Love You, Man
2008 - Forgetting Sarah Marshall
2007 - Knocked Up
2004 - LolliLove
2003 - 11:14
2002 - Slackers
1998 - Dead Man on Campus
1998 - Can't Hardly Wait
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian (segment "Judd Apatow")
Himself - Host
Marshall Eriksen (Voiced)
Segel was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of Jillian (née Jordan), a homemaker, and Alvin G. Segel, a lawyer, and grew up in Pacific Palisades California. His father is Jewish and his mother is Christian. He has stated that he was raised Jewish, as well as "a little bit of everything". He went to Hebrew school and had a Bar Mitzvah, and also attended St. Matthew's Parish School, a private Episcopal school. He has an older half-brother, Adam, and a younger sister, Alison.
Following elementary school and middle school, Segel completed his high school studies at Harvard-Westlake School, where his 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) frame helped him as an active member of the 1996 and 1997 CIF state champion boys' basketball team. He was a backup to the team's star center, Jason Collins, who went on to play in the NBA. Segel had hopes of becoming a professional actor while in college, although he ultimately chose not to go to college. Instead, he acted in local theater productions at Palisades Playhouse.
- Has an older brother named Adam.
- His father Alvin is a lawyer, and his mother Jill is a homemaker.
- Was chosen for the role of Marshall Eriksen in _"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)_ (qv) because of his work on the short lived television show _"Freaks and Geeks" (1999)_ (qv) of which creators 'Carter Bays' (qv) and 'Craig Thomas (II)' (qv) were huge fans.
- Likes classic rock and reggae music.
- He loves Disneyland.
- He plays piano.
- Has a sister, Alison, born March 9, 1986.
- He was on a high school basketball team that won state in California.