Aug. 1st, 1979
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Jason Momoa's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Johnson Family Vacation
Guest TV Roles
Jason Momoa (born August 1, 1978) is an industry newcomer whose star is quickly rising. A model and actor, he joined the Baywatch (1989) cast for three episodes as the show's prodigy, "Jason".
Born in Honolulu but soon moved to Norwalk, Iowa where he was raised by his mother. He returned to Hawaii to attend college and to explore his Hawaiian roots. Once back, Momoa was soon discovered by international designers who launched his modeling career. He won the 1999 "Hawaii's Model of the Year", participated in the "Governor's Fashion Show" and "Liberty House" fashion show, and hosted the 1999 "Miss Teen Hawaii USA" contest. Since Baywatch (1989), his modeling career continued to soar and he has walked the runways for Louis Vuitton and Japanese designer Takeo. A natural athlete, Momoa enjoys rock and ice climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, long board skateboarding and roller hockey. He also spends his free time on Buddhist studies.
- Hosted the 1999 "Miss Teen Hawaii USA" contest.
- Proposed to girlfriend 'Simmone Mackinnon' (qv), in Hawaii, in June 2004.
- Won the 1999 "Hawaii's Model of the Year."
- Enjoys rock and ice climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, long board skateboarding and roller hockey. Spends his free time on Buddhist studies.
- Nephew of famed surfer 'Brian L. Keaulana' (qv).
- They have a daughter who was born in August of 2007 named Lola.
- Participated in the "Governor's Fashion Show, " and "Liberty House" fashion show.
- Was engaged to 'Simmone Mackinnon' (qv) from June 2004 until mid-2006.