Aug. 1st, 1979
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Jason Momoa's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Johnson Family Vacation
Guest TV Roles
Jason Momoa is an industry newcomer whose star is quickly rising. A model and actor, he joined the "Baywatch" (1989) cast for three episodes as the show's prodigy, "Jason". Jason was born in Honolulu but soon moved to Norwalk, Iowa where he was raised by his mother. He returned to Hawaii to attend college and to explore his Hawaiian roots. Once back, Jason was soon discovered by international designers who launched his modeling career. He won the 1999 "Hawaii's Model of the Year", participated in the "Governor's Fashion Show" and "Liberty House" fashion show, and hosted the 1999 "Miss Teen Hawaii USA" contest. Since "Baywatch" (1989), his modeling career continued to soar and he has walked the runways for Louis Vuitton and Japanese designer Takeo. A natural athlete, Jason enjoys rock and ice climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, long board skateboarding and roller hockey. He also spends his free time on Buddhist studies.
- Jason Momoa and his girlfriend, 'Lisa Bonet' (qv), welcomed their second child, a boy named Nakoa-Wolf, in mid-December, 2008.
- Was engaged to 'Simmone Mackinnon' (qv) from June 2004 until mid-2006.
- They have a daughter who was born in August of 2007 named Lola.
- Nephew of famed surfer 'Brian L. Keaulana' (qv).
- In his mid-teens he became the youngest lifeguard in the history of the Gulf Coast.
- Won the 1999 "Hawaii's Model of the Year."
- On November 15, 2008, Momoa was attacked with a broken beer glass in West Hollywood, California. According to the APNews article, 140 stitches and subsequent reconstructive surgery were required.
- Hosted the 1999 "Miss Teen Hawaii USA" contest.