Jun. 12th, 1974
Highlands, New Jersey, USA
Jason Mewes' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
New Jersey born and bred actor, who burst onto cinema screens in 1994, playing the grass smoking, fast talking, foul mouthed and over sexed,...but very likable "Jay" in Kevin Smith's hilarious low budget hit Clerks. (1994). The off beat & philosophical drug dealing characters of "Jay and Silent Bob" (Mewes and Smith) cropped up again in four more films directed by the talented Smith.....the tepidly received Mallrats (1995), was followed by more street wisdom in the scintillating romantic comedy Chasing Amy (1997), they tackled theological issues in the quirky religious comedy Dogma (1999) and then took on Hollywood, in the road trip epic Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001). Their characters also made a cameo appearance in Scream 3 (2000).
Mewes has since kicked on to appearing in other non-Smith projects including High Times Potluck (2002), Rush (2002) and My Big Fat Independant Movie (2004), however he is currently involved in several new 'Kevin Smitm' film projects including The Passion of the Clerks (2005) and The Green Hornet (2005).
- Is of Polish descent.
- Is Kevin Smith's first and only choice for the lead role of Oliver Queeen in a proposed Smith written and directed "Green Arrow" upcoming film for The Weinstein Company.
- Graduated from Henry Hudson Regional, in Highlands, New Jersey in 1992.
- Revealed that his character's full name in the View Askew films was Jason Derris, who is actually Rick Derris' little brother.
- Has a role written specifically for him in Kevin Smith's upcoming space science fiction comedy film, "Ranger Danger and The Danger Rangers".
- (March 1999) Arrested for heroin possession in Keansburg, New Jersey.
-  Engaged to longtime girlfriend Jordan Monsanto.
- Rollerblades and plays hockey.