Jun. 12th, 1974
Highlands, New Jersey, USA
Jason Mewes' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - K-11
2013 - Rock Jocks
2011 - The Last Godfather
2011 - Poolboy - Drowning Out the Fury
2011 - TV: The Movie
2010 - Shoot the Hero
2009 - Midgets Vs. Mascots
2008 - ¿Hacemos una porno?
2007 - Netherbeast Incorporated
2006 - Clerks II
2006 - Nice Guys
2006 - The Tripper
2005 - Feast
2005 - My Big Fat Independent Movie
2001 - Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
2000 - Scream 3
1999 - Dogma
1997 - Chasing Amy
1996 - Drawing Flies
1995 - Mallrats
1994 - Clerks
Guest TV Roles
New Jersey born and bred actor, who burst onto cinema screens in 1994, playing the grass smoking, fast talking, foul mouthed and over sexed,...but very likable "Jay" in Kevin Smith's hilarious low budget hit Clerks. (1994). The off beat & philosophical drug dealing characters of "Jay and Silent Bob" (Mewes and Smith) cropped up again in four more films directed by the talented Smith.....the tepidly received Mallrats (1995), was followed by more street wisdom in the scintillating romantic comedy Chasing Amy (1997), they tackled theological issues in the quirky religious comedy Dogma (1999) and then took on Hollywood, in the road trip epic Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001). Their characters also made a cameo appearance in Scream 3 (2000).
Mewes has since kicked on to appearing in other non-Smith projects including High Times Potluck (2002), Rush (2002) and My Big Fat Independant Movie (2004), however he is currently involved in several new 'Kevin Smitm' film projects including The Passion of the Clerks (2005) and The Green Hornet (2005).
- (March 1999) Arrested for heroin possession in Keansburg, New Jersey.
- Graduated from Henry Hudson Regional, in Highlands, New Jersey in 1992.
- Is Kevin Smith's first and only choice for the lead role of Oliver Queeen in a proposed Smith written and directed "Green Arrow" upcoming film for The Weinstein Company.
- Worked the cash register at Kevin Smith's comic book store.
- Rollerblades and plays hockey.
- His mother died after contracting HIV.
- Between the making of the two films Chasing Amy and Dogma, Kevin and Jason attended an AIDS benefit hosted by Harvey Weinstein, the chairman of Miramax. Upon learning that Mewes' mother was HIV positive, Weinstein promised to get her to the best doctors in New York, a promise he kept.
- Worked in construction before Clerks was made. He has also worked at the Quick Stop and RST Video in Leonardo, New Jersey.