Mar. 25th, 1987
Dallas, Texas, USA
Jason Castro's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Raised in Rowlett, Texas.
- Two siblings, Michael and Jackeline (Jackie).
- Plays soccer.
- Twice in 2008, his performances on American Idol prompted huge digital sales spikes and album gains for original artists. His homage to Jeff Buckey's version of "Hallelujah" prompted the Buckley download to rocket to No.1 on the Hot Digital Songs, selling 178,000 copies. A few weeks later, Castro's take on Iz Kamakawiwo'Ole's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" sent Iz's track to No. 11 on Hot Digital Songs.
- Majored in construction science at Texas A&M University.
- Plays guitar and drums. Also learned to play ukulele the week he performed Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's "Over the Rainbow" on American Idol.
- Is the first person in his family to be born in America.