Mar. 25th, 1987
Dallas, Texas, USA
Jason Castro's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Attended Vernon Schrade Middle School.
- Is the first person in his family to be born in America.
- Raised in Rowlett, Texas.
- Plays guitar and drums. Also learned to play ukulele the week he performed Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's "Over the Rainbow" on American Idol.
- Hates doing interviews, claiming he has trouble with it.
- His girlfriend's name is Mandy Mayhall, a student of the University of Oklahoma.
- Twice in 2008, his performances on American Idol prompted huge digital sales spikes and album gains for original artists. His homage to Jeff Buckey's version of "Hallelujah" prompted the Buckley download to rocket to No.1 on the Hot Digital Songs, selling 178,000 copies. A few weeks later, Castro's take on Iz Kamakawiwo'Ole's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" sent Iz's track to No. 11 on Hot Digital Songs.
- Performed as a drummer for the rock band Keeping Lions (formerly named Charlemagne).