Mar. 25th, 1987
Dallas, Texas, USA
Jason Castro's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Majored in construction science at Texas A&M University.
- Attended Vernon Schrade Middle School.
- Plays guitar and drums. Also learned to play ukulele the week he performed Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's "Over the Rainbow" on American Idol.
- Performed as a drummer for the rock band Keeping Lions (formerly named Charlemagne).
- Twice in 2008, his performances on American Idol prompted huge digital sales spikes and album gains for original artists. His homage to Jeff Buckey's version of "Hallelujah" prompted the Buckley download to rocket to No.1 on the Hot Digital Songs, selling 178,000 copies. A few weeks later, Castro's take on Iz Kamakawiwo'Ole's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" sent Iz's track to No. 11 on Hot Digital Songs.
- His younger brother, Michael, auditioned in 2008 for the eighth season of American Idol.
- Raised in Rowlett, Texas.