Jan. 14th, 1969
Rye, New York, USA
Jason Bateman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Paul
2009 - Couples Retreat
2009 - The Invention of Lying
2009 - State of Play
2009 - Up in the Air
2009 - Extract
2008 - Tropic Thunder
2008 - The Promotion
2008 - Hancock
2008 - Forgetting Sarah Marshall
2007 - Juno
2007 - Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
2007 - The Kingdom
2006 - The Break-Up
2006 - Smokin' Aces
2004 - DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story
2004 - Starsky & Hutch
2002 - The Sweetest Thing
1999 - Love Stinks
1991 - Necessary Roughness
1987 - Teen Wolf Too
Guest TV Roles
James Cooper Ingalls
Himself - Guest
Bobby Van Lowe
Jason Bateman is an American film and television actor best known for his role as Michael Bluth on the television sitcom "Arrested Development" (2003), as well as his role on "Silver Spoons" (1982) as a child actor.
He was born Jason Kent Bateman on January 14, 1969, in Rye, New York, USA. His father, Kent Bateman, is a film and television director and founder of a Hollywood repertory stage company. His mother, Victoria Bateman, was a flight attendant. In 1981, at the age of 12, young Bateman made his debut on television as James Cooper Ingalls in "Little House on the Prairie" (1974): Uncle Jed, appearing in 18 more episodes in one season. In the mid-1980s, he became the DGA's youngest-ever director when he directed three episodes of "Valerie" (1986) at age 18. During the 2000s, Bateman's film career has been on soaring trajectory. In 2005, he won the Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series, Musical or Comedy, for "Arrested Development" (2003), and received other awards and nominations.
Bateman has been enjoying a happy family life with his wife, actress Amanda Anka (daughter of singer Paul Anka). They wed in Malibu, California, in 2003. Their first child, Francesca Nora Bateman, was born in Los Angeles on October 28, 2006. The Batemans reside in Los Angeles, California.
- Formed a Hollywood repertory stage company with his sister, 'Justine Bateman' (qv) and their father, 'Kent Bateman' (qv). The trio produced the TV movie _Can You Feel Me Dancing? (1986) (TV)_ (qv), which starred both Jason and Justine.
- Became the DGA's youngest-ever director when he directed 3 episodes of _"Valerie" (1986)_ (qv) (aka "The Hogan Family") at the age of 18 years.
- Ranked #60 on _"100 Greatest Kid Stars" (2005)_ (qv).
- Son of 'Kent Bateman' (qv) and his wife Victoria, a British flight attendant.
- Brother of actress 'Justine Bateman' (qv).
- He won the celebrity portion of the Long Beach Grand Prix in 1987.
- Had a surgery to remove a benign polyp from his throat (11 January 2005).
- His wife 'Amanda Anka' (qv) gave birth to their daughter Francesca Nora on 28 October 2006 in Los Angeles.