Sep. 23rd, 1959
Newark, New Jersey, USA
5' 4 1/2"
Jason Alexander's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Larry Gaye: Renegade Male Flight Attendant
2015 - Wild Card
2014 - Misery Loves Comedy
2012 - Delhi Safari
2012 - Delhi Safari
2009 - Rock Slyde
2007 - The Grand
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2006 - Ira & Abby
2005 - The Aristocrats
2001 - The Trumpet Of The Swan
2001 - Shallow Hal
2000 - The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
1997 - Love! Valour! Compassion!
1996 - Dunston Checks In
1996 - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
1994 - North
1994 - The Paper
1994 - Blankman
1993 - Coneheads
1990 - White Palace
1990 - Jacob's Ladder
1990 - Pretty Woman
1986 - Brighton Beach Memoirs
1986 - The Mosquito Coast
1981 - The Burning
Guest TV Roles
Eric Duckman (Voiced)
Himself - Guest Judge
The Job Wizard (Voiced)
Mr. Nibbles (Voiced)
Jason Greenspan adopted the stage name Jason Alexander while still in high school in New Jersey. He was soon appearing in Broadway plays and movies, then in the hit TV series, "Seinfeld" (1990), from 1990 to 1998. Alexander also directs and produces films.
- Beat out Danny DeVito, Steve Buscemi, and Nathan Lane for the role of "George" in Seinfeld(1990).
- While filming _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv), was always fitted with a suit one size too small, to make his character look "uncool"
- Was a 1977 graduate of Livingston High School in Livingston, New Jersey. One of his classmates was 'Julia Montgomery (I)' (qv). They co-starred in numerous high school productions.
- Parents Ruth and Alex Greenspan; half-sister Karen Van Horn, half-brother Michael Greenspan.
- High school acting credits include the shows "Guys and Dolls", "The Odd Couple" and "Oliver".
- Played flute and also percussion in the Livingston Lancer's Marching Band.
- One year for his birthday, his friends took him to a diner. They told him to close his eyes. When he opened them, 'William Shatner' (qv), aka Captain James T. Kirk, was in front of him. Captain Kirk was Jason's childhood hero.
- 4/30/06: Debuted as a "professional magician" at the Magic Castle in Los Angeles. His act is based on studying and predicting behavioral patterns with his subjects.