Sep. 23rd, 1959
Newark, New Jersey, USA
5' 4 1/2"
Jason Alexander's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Rock Slyde
2009 - Hachiko: A Dog's Story
2007 - The Grand
2006 - Ira & Abby
2006 - Hood Of Horror
2005 - The Aristocrats
2001 - Shallow Hal
2000 - The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
1996 - Dunston Checks In
1996 - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
1995 - The Last Supper
1994 - Blankman
1994 - North
1994 - The Paper
1993 - Coneheads
1990 - Pretty Woman
1990 - Jacob's Ladder
1986 - Brighton Beach Memoirs
1986 - The Mosquito Coast
1981 - The Burning
Guest TV Roles
Eric Duckman (Voiced)
General H. Norman Conquest (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Himself - Actor
Himself - Celebrity Guest
Mr. Nibbles (Voiced)
Jason Greenspan adopted the stage name Jason Alexander while still in high school in New Jersey. He was soon appearing in Broadway plays and movies, then in the hit TV series, "Seinfeld" (1990), from 1990 to 1998. Alexander also directs and produces films.
- Beat out Danny DeVito, Steve Buscemi, and Nathan Lane for the role of "George" in Seinfeld(1990).
- High school acting credits include the shows "Guys and Dolls", "The Odd Couple" and "Oliver".
- Being a great fan of _"Star Trek" (1966)_ (qv), he was finally given the opportunity to play a "Trek" role himself in 1999: he played the character "Kurros" in the _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv) episode "Think Tank". That same year, he was the host for the "Star Trek Viewers' Choice" VHS, notably for his Capt. Kirk impersonations.
- Fall 2002: Set to teach acting on the faculty of the University of Southern California as the first-ever 'George Burns' (qv) Distinguished Visiting Professor in Performance.
- Won the 1989 Tony Award (New York City) for Actor in a Musical for "Jerome Robbin's Broadway".
- 4/30/06: Debuted as a "professional magician" at the Magic Castle in Los Angeles. His act is based on studying and predicting behavioral patterns with his subjects.
- Started losing his hair at the age of 16.
- Attended Boston University and left a year early because he was able to find acting work in New York City during the summer before his senior year. Later given an honorary degree.