Sep. 23rd, 1959
Newark, New Jersey, USA
5' 4 1/2"
Jason Alexander's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jason Greenspan adopted the stage name Jason Alexander while still in high school in New Jersey. He was soon appearing in Broadway plays and movies, then in the hit TV series, "Seinfeld" (1990), from 1990 to 1998. Alexander also directs and produces films.
- 2005: Celebrity Judge for UCLA Spring Sing.
- High school acting credits include the shows "Guys and Dolls", "The Odd Couple" and "Oliver".
- Says he took on the role of Duckman because Duckman was "the anti George Costanza".
- One year for his birthday, his friends took him to a diner. They told him to close his eyes. When he opened them, 'William Shatner' (qv), aka Captain James T. Kirk, was in front of him. Captain Kirk was Jason's childhood hero.
- Played flute and also percussion in the Livingston Lancer's Marching Band.
- Beat out Danny DeVito, Steve Buscemi, and Nathan Lane for the role of "George" in Seinfeld(1990).
- Was a 1977 graduate of Livingston High School in Livingston, New Jersey. One of his classmates was 'Julia Montgomery (I)' (qv). They co-starred in numerous high school productions.
- Fall 2002: Set to teach acting on the faculty of the University of Southern California as the first-ever 'George Burns' (qv) Distinguished Visiting Professor in Performance.