Dec. 26th, 1971
Bossier City, Louisiana, USA
5' 9 1/2"
Jared Leto's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Mr. Nobody
2007 - Chapter 27
2006 - Lonely Hearts
2005 - Lord of War
2004 - Alexander
2002 - Panic Room
2000 - Requiem for a Dream
2000 - American Psycho
1999 - Girl, Interrupted
1999 - Fight Club
1998 - Basil
1998 - The Thin Red Line
1998 - Urban Legend
1997 - Prefontaine
1997 - Switchback
1995 - How To Make An American Quilt
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- He turned down a key role in _Flags of Our Fathers (2006)_ (qv) in order to commit his time to his band, '30 Seconds to Mars' (qv).
- He gained 62 lb for his latest role, playing Mark David Chapman, in _Chapter 27 (2007)_ (qv). Then lost the weight by going on an all-liquid diet consisting of lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water. He lost 20 lb in 10 days.
- He has two younger half-brothers from his father's second marriage.
- (2000-2002) Was engaged to 'Cameron Diaz' (qv).
- While preparing for his role as a heroin addict in the movie _Requiem for a Dream (2000)_ (qv), Jared lost 28 pounds, starved himself and denied himself the pleasure of then-fiancée Cameron Diaz's bed for two months. Leto admits that playing the part of Harry Goldfarb was "sadomasochistic... the hardest thing I've done".
- Was writer/director Joby Harold's first choice to play Clayton Beresford, the male lead in 2007's "Awake". He later backed out due to scheduling conflicts with his band, 30 Seconds To Mars, and was replaced by Hayden Christensen.
- Is in a band called '30 Seconds to Mars' (qv) with his brother 'Shannon Leto' (qv) and 'Tomo Milicevic' (qv). The band has two albums out; their self-titled debut album and their second album is entitled "A Beautiful Lie.".