Dec. 26th, 1971
Bossier City, Louisiana, USA
5' 9 1/2"
Jared Leto's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Mr. Nobody
2007 - Chapter 27
2006 - Lonely Hearts
2005 - Lord of War
2004 - Alexander
2002 - Panic Room
2000 - Requiem for a Dream
2000 - American Psycho
1999 - Girl, Interrupted
1999 - Fight Club
1998 - Basil
1998 - The Thin Red Line
1998 - Urban Legend
1997 - Prefontaine
1997 - Switchback
1995 - How To Make An American Quilt
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
- He turned down a key role in _Flags of Our Fathers (2006)_ (qv) in order to commit his time to his band, '30 Seconds to Mars' (qv).
- Had a dog named Judas who died in May 2007.
- Was writer/director Joby Harold's first choice to play Clayton Beresford, the male lead in 2007's "Awake". He later backed out due to scheduling conflicts with his band, 30 Seconds To Mars, and was replaced by Hayden Christensen.
- Jared's favorite foods are popcorn and vegetables, and his favorite drink is hot chocolate.
- Brother of 'Shannon Leto' (qv).
- Jared is a lacto-ovo vegetarian.
- (August 2006) Has been diagnosed with gout after undergoing dramatic weight loss. He packed on 62 pounds for his role in _Chapter 27 (2007)_ (qv)
- While preparing for his role as a heroin addict in the movie _Requiem for a Dream (2000)_ (qv), Jared lost 28 pounds, starved himself and denied himself the pleasure of then-fiancée Cameron Diaz's bed for two months. Leto admits that playing the part of Harry Goldfarb was "sadomasochistic... the hardest thing I've done".