Dec. 26th, 1971
Bossier City, Louisiana, USA
5' 9 1/2"
Jared Leto's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Mr. Nobody
2007 - Chapter 27
2006 - Lonely Hearts
2005 - Lord of War
2004 - Alexander
2002 - Panic Room
2000 - Requiem for a Dream
2000 - American Psycho
1999 - Girl, Interrupted
1999 - Fight Club
1998 - Basil
1998 - The Thin Red Line
1998 - Urban Legend
1997 - Prefontaine
1997 - Switchback
1995 - How To Make An American Quilt
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
- Is in a band called '30 Seconds to Mars' (qv) with his brother 'Shannon Leto' (qv) and 'Tomo Milicevic' (qv). The band has two albums out; their self-titled debut album and their second album is entitled "A Beautiful Lie.".
- Jared's favorite foods are popcorn and vegetables, and his favorite drink is hot chocolate.
- Had a part in _Phone Booth (2002)_ (qv) which was deleted from the final cut.
- While preparing for his role as a heroin addict in the movie _Requiem for a Dream (2000)_ (qv), Jared lost 28 pounds, starved himself and denied himself the pleasure of then-fiancée Cameron Diaz's bed for two months. Leto admits that playing the part of Harry Goldfarb was "sadomasochistic... the hardest thing I've done".
- He gained 62 lb for his latest role, playing Mark David Chapman, in _Chapter 27 (2007)_ (qv). Then lost the weight by going on an all-liquid diet consisting of lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water. He lost 20 lb in 10 days.
- Attended the University of the Arts in Philadelphia.
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- One of his favorite cities is Montreal, Quebec, Canada.