Feb. 15th, 1955
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Janice Dickinson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Wassup Rockers
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Herself - Former Supermodel
- In her autobiography, "No Lifeguard on Duty", she claims that she was partly responsible for her father's death because she had discarded his heart medication pills, and he had a heart attack that night and died. The statute of limitation for prosecuting Dickinson for the death of her father was up by the time the book was published.
- Along with 'Nicole Richie' (qv), 'Beyoncé Knowles' (qv), 'Veronica Webb' (qv), 'Kelly Osbourne' (qv), 'Angie Everhart' (qv), 'Alexandra Richards (I)' (qv), 'Irina Pantaeva' (qv), 'Marisa Miller (III)' (qv), 'Wyclef Jean' (qv), 'Rachel Hunter (I)' (qv), and 'Naomi Campbell (I)' (qv), she participated in the "Fashion for Relief" show on 16 September, 2005 in New York, a benefit for AmeriCares to support victims for Hurricane Katrina. 'Gwen Stefani' (qv) and 'Gavin Rossdale' (qv) were among the celebrities who attended.
- She become an ultra-successful model at the age of 14
- Sister of model 'Debbie Dickinson' (qv) and 'Alexis Mayer (I)' (qv).
- Claims to have coined the term "supermodel" in 1979; however, the term was already in use before her time, such as a 1968 article in Glamour magazine describing 'Twiggy (I)' (qv), 'Cheryl Tiegs' (qv), 'Veruschka von Lehndorff' (qv), 'Jean Shrimpton' (qv) and fifteen other top models as "supermodels". This list as well as several other top models of the 1930s to early 1970s have been credited as "supermodels"', which dismisses Janice's claims as her being the "first supermodel" (her career began in late 1970s).
- Bears a strong resemblance to 'Brittany Brower' (qv). Both appeared on the show _"America's Next Top Model" (2003)_ (qv). Dickinson was a judge and Brower was a contestant.
- Father's ethnic background is Belarusian; the family name was altered after emigration to America.
- Grew up in Hollywood, Florida.