Feb. 15th, 1951
Haye, Middlesex, England, UK
Jane Seymour's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Jake Squared
2009 - The Velveteen Rabbit
2006 - Blind Dating
2005 - Wedding Crashers
1998 - Quest for Camelot
1989 - La Révolution française
1980 - Oh Heavenly Dog
1980 - Somewhere in Time
1980 - Challenge of the Tiger
1977 - Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger
1973 - Live and Let Die
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Judge
Jane Seymour, OBE (born Joyce Penelope Wilhelmina Frankenberg; February 15, 1951) is an English actress best known for her performances in the James Bond film Live and Let Die (1973), Somewhere In Time (1980), East of Eden (1981), Onassis: The Richest Man in the World (1988), War and Remembrance (1988), the 1989 political thriller La Révolution française as the ill-fated queen Marie Antoinette, Wedding Crashers (2005), and the American television series Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (1993–1998).
Born in Hayes, Middlesex, England, the daughter of John Benjamin Frankenberg, an obstetrician, and Mieke van Trigt, a nurse. Her father was an English Jew whose family was from Poland (village of Nowe Trzepowo). Her mother was a Dutch Protestant (with family from Deventer) who was a prisoner of war during World War II, and who had lived in Indonesia. Seymour was educated at the Arts Educational School in Tring, Hertfordshire. She took on the stage name "Jane Seymour" after King Henry VIII's third wife.
In the 2000s, Seymour continued to work primarily in television. In 2004, she made several guest appearances in the WB Network series, Smallville, playing Genevieve Teague, the wealthy, scheming mother of Jason Teague (Jensen Ackles).
In spring 2006, she appeared in the short-lived WB series Modern Men. Later that year, Seymour guest-starred as a law-school-professor on an episode of the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother, and as a wealthy client on the Fox legal drama, Justice. In 2007, she guest-starred in the ABC sitcom, In Case of Emergency, which starred 'Lori Loughlin' and 'Jonathan Silverman'. She also appeared in ITV's Marple: Ordeal By Innocence, based on the Agatha Christie novel. She was a contestant on season five of the US reality show, Dancing with the Stars; she finished in sixth place, along with her partner, 'Tony Dovolani'. In "One Life to Lose" Jane Seymour guest starred in a soap opera-themed storyline of the ABC sitcom Castle.
Seymour appeared in the Hallmark Channel films Dear Prudence (2008) with 'Jamey Sheridan' and 'Ryan Cartwright' and Perfectly Prudence (2011). She was in the romantic comedy Love, Wedding, Marriage (2011) with 'Mandy Moore', and the Hallmark Movie Channel film Lake Effects (2012) with 'Scottie Thompson' and 'Madeline Zima'. She also starred in the ABC Family movie Lovestruck: The Musical (2013) with 'Chelsea Kane'.
She has earned an Emmy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She was made an officer of the Order of the British Empire in 2000.
Seymour has been married four times. Her first marriage to Michael Attenborough, the son of film actor and director 'Richard Attenborough', lasted from 1971 to 1973. Her second marriage to Geoffrey Planer lasted from 1977 to 1978.
In 1981, Seymour married David Flynn. The marriage produced two children, actress 'Katherine Flynn' (born January 7, 1982) and Sean Flynn (born 1985). The couple were divorced in 1992.
In 1993, Seymour married actor 'James Keach'. Together they had twins, Johnny Stacy and Kristopher Steven (born November 30, 1995), and named after family friends 'Johnny Cash' and 'Christopher Reeve', and James' brother, actor 'Stacy Keach'. On April 12, 2013 it was announced that the couple was divorcing.
Seymour is a celebrity ambassador for Childhelp, a national non-profit organisation dedicated to assisting victims of child abuse and neglect. In 2007, she sponsored a children's Art Pillow contest as part of the Jane Seymour Collection, with the proceeds going to Childhelp.
- She and 'James Keach' (qv)'s longtime friendship with 'June Carter Cash' (qv) and 'Johnny Cash (I)' (qv) led to the Cashes guest-starring on Seymour's television program _"Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" (1993)_ (qv) and to Keach producing the Cash biopic _Walk the Line (2005)_ (qv).
- Her mother, Mieke Frankenberg, passed away at 92 in England due to complications from a stroke [October 2, 2007]. She was in a Japanese concentration camp during World War II for three and a half years.
- Children with David Flynn: 'Katherine Flynn' (qv) (b. 1981) and 'Sean Flynn (II)' (qv) (b. 1986). Twin boys, John Stacy Keach and Kristopher Steven Keach (b. November 30, 1995), with 'James Keach' (qv).
- Her twin sons were named Johnny and Kris after family friends 'Johnny Cash (I)' (qv) and 'Christopher Reeve' (qv).
- Her daughter, 'Katherine Flynn' (qv), was Miss Golden Globe 2001. Katie also attends Columbia University.
- 'Christopher Reeve' (qv) was the godfather of her son Kristopher.
- She appeared in the music video and sang in the choir on the song "Voices That Care."
- Measurements: 35-24-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)