Dec. 31st, 1953
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Jane Badler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jane Badler, the American and Australian actress best known for her role as the evil reptilian Visitor leader Diana in the NBC mini-series V (1983), its sequel V: The Final Battle (1984), and the subsequent TV series V (1984), was born on the last day of 1953 in Brooklyn, New York. She spent her teen years in Manchester, New Hampshire, where she attended Central High School. Jane won the Miss New Hampshire title and competed at the 1972 Miss America Pageant before going on to study drama at the Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois.
In 1977, Badler gained her first major role was on the TV soap opera One Life to Live (1968), where she played Melinda Cramer Janssen until 1981, returning briefly to reprise the role in 1983. She also starred on the venerable soap opera The Doctors (1963). Badler's other TV roles included a stint on Falcon Crest (1981) as Meredith Braxton from 1986 to 1987 and as agent Shannon Reed for the revival of the series Mission: Impossible (1988), which was shot in Australia. She also guest-starred on many TV series.
Badler relocated to Australia after filming Mission: Impossible (1988) Down Under, marrying businessman Stephen Hains. They have two sons, Sam and Harry. Her Australian TV roles include Cluedo (the British and Australian name of the board game known as Clue in the United States). She also had a guest-starring role in Snowy River: The McGregor Saga (1993).
In the 1990s, she launched a stage career and cabaret act, including the one-woman show The Love Goddess: Rita Hayworth.
- Sons with Stephen Haines: Samuel David Haines (born July 1991) and Harrison George Haines (born December 4, 1992).
- Sang in clubs on the weekends while attending college.
- Attended Northwestern University from 1971 to 1975.
- Arrived in Australia in 1989 to take part in the Australian production of _"Mission: Impossible" (1988)_ (qv).
- Attended Central High School, Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Former Miss New Hampshire. Competed at the 1972 Miss America Pageant
Related sites for this celeb