May. 27th, 1975
Clavering, Essex, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Chef (segment "Jamie Oliver")
Himself - Challenger Chef
- His hard work and promotion on his program "Jamie's School Dinners" has come to the attention of Prime Minister 'Tony Blair (I)' (qv). The two have recently met and talked about new incentives for Labour to back the bid for healthy eating in schools.
- When he turned 16, he attended Westminster Catering College, where he completed his formal training.
- Also wrote a book "The Naked Chef" to accompany the series. Published by Penguin, it was number one on the bestseller list for more than 10 weeks.
- He was awarded the MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2003 Queen's Birthday Honours List for his services to the Hospitality Industry.
- He also plays drums with his high school mates in a band called Scarlet Division. According to Jamie, they sound like a mixture of "Catatonia and Texas with a harder edge."
- (2001) He is currently food editor for British GQ magazine and has a regular column with the Saturday Times Magazine.
- In 1999, Jamie was invited to 10 Downing Street to prepare a lunch for the British Prime Minister, 'Tony Blair (I)' (qv), who was entertaining the Italian Prime Minister 'Massimo D'Alema' (qv).
- Turned down several offers by magazines to pose nude.