May. 27th, 1975
Clavering, Essex, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Chef (segment "Jamie Oliver")
Himself - Challenger Chef
- He lives in London with his wife and travels around London by motorbike.
- When he turned 16, he attended Westminster Catering College, where he completed his formal training.
- His hard work and promotion on his program "Jamie's School Dinners" has come to the attention of Prime Minister 'Tony Blair (I)' (qv). The two have recently met and talked about new incentives for Labour to back the bid for healthy eating in schools.
- Cooked at the critically acclaimed River Café in London for three years.
- He was awarded the MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2003 Queen's Birthday Honours List for his services to the Hospitality Industry.
- Children: (with wife Jools) Poppy Honey Oliver (b. March 18, 2002 at 7lb 14oz, 4 days late), Daisy Boo Oliver (b. April 10, 2003) and Petal Blossom Rainbow Oliver (b. April 3, 2009 at 6 lbs 10 oz).
- Also wrote a book "The Naked Chef" to accompany the series. Published by Penguin, it was number one on the bestseller list for more than 10 weeks.
- (2001) He is currently food editor for British GQ magazine and has a regular column with the Saturday Times Magazine.