May. 12th, 1971
Palo Alto, California, USA
Jamie Luner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Jamie Michelle Luner was born Thursday, May 12, 1971 to Stuart and Susan Luner in Palo Alto, California. She grew up with her brother David and her mom Susan in California. Before landing her roles on "Just the Ten of Us" as dizzy Cindy Lubbock, Jamie began her career in front of the cameras at the tender age of three doing TV commercials. When she was 15, she won the L.A. Shakespeare Festival in the category of monologues. While still working on, "Just the Ten of Us" Jamie was still in high school. She graduated from Beverly Hills High School in 1989. She took a break from acting and she attended culinary school and was a chef in Drai's, a French restaurant, after Just the Ten of Us was cancelled in 1991.
Then returned to TV in Moment of Truth: Why My Daughter? in 1993, then she had a few small parts in shows such as "Married with Children", Diagnosis Murder". Then she got her first break as Southern seductress Peyton Richards in "Savannah". After the prime time soap was cancelled, Jamie and her than boyfriend, John Braz, travel around the US in an Airstream motor home before she landed the role of Lexi in Melrose Place". After the Fox soap ended in 1999, so did her 4 year romance with her boyfriend. Then after Ally Walker left, Jamie joined the cast of "Profiler" as Rachel Burke.
Later on she was in ABCs short lived "10-8: Officers on Duty". Then in 2005 she had lead roles in Lifetime's, Blind Injustice, Stranger in My Bed and in 2006 The Suspect, The Perfect Marriage and a guest spot on. "The War at Home".
Jamie has also done theater work in Santa Monica in "Black & Bluestein," Other Space, Santa Monica and The Young Playwrites Festival in Los Angeles.
- Also went to school with Bahar Soomekh, Elizabeth Daily, and Crispin Glover.
- After winning a local Shakespeare competition, Jamie knew she wanted to pursue a career in acting.
- Has a brother named David who is 3 years older.
- Co-hosted the 24th International Emmy Awards with Dick Cavett and Kenny Rogers, and was presenter along with Jane Alexander, Barry Bostwick, Lorraine Bracco, Susan Lucci, Edward James Olmos, Sam Waterston and Chita Rivera.
- Studied at the Beverly Hills High School, and it was then when she was cast as Sheena Berkowitz on the sitcom Growing Pains. Soon after that performance, she obtained another role, in Just the Ten of Us.
- She learned that she had lost her previous job (playing Peyton on Savannah) on her birthday. But it actually turned out to be a great present. Aaron Spelling, producer of the failed WB drama, then offered her the juicy role of Lexi Sterling on Melrose Place.
- Attended the Chiller Theater Expo in Parsippany, NJ along with Angie Dickinson, Barry Williams, Erik Estrada, and Linda Evens (October 24, 2008).
- After Savannah ended after one and a half seasons, Jamie had no trouble finding work. She was fought over by Warner Brothers and Fox almost instantly. The WB wanted her to costar with Tom Arnold in The Tom Show, a show that ended up lasting about six episodes before cancellation in the fall of 1997. Jamie turned them down and jumped ship and signed a contract for Melrose Place. Her character, Lexi Sterling, joined the show on the fourth episode of the fall in 1997.