May. 12th, 1971
Palo Alto, California, USA
Jamie Luner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Jamie Michelle Luner was born Thursday, May 12, 1971 to Stuart and Susan Luner in Palo Alto, California. She grew up with her brother David and her mom Susan in California. Before landing her roles on "Just the Ten of Us" as dizzy Cindy Lubbock, Jamie began her career in front of the cameras at the tender age of three doing TV commercials. When she was 15, she won the L.A. Shakespeare Festival in the category of monologues. While still working on, "Just the Ten of Us" Jamie was still in high school. She graduated from Beverly Hills High School in 1989. She took a break from acting and she attended culinary school and was a chef in Drai's, a French restaurant, after Just the Ten of Us was cancelled in 1991.
Then returned to TV in Moment of Truth: Why My Daughter? in 1993, then she had a few small parts in shows such as "Married with Children", Diagnosis Murder". Then she got her first break as Southern seductress Peyton Richards in "Savannah". After the prime time soap was cancelled, Jamie and her than boyfriend, John Braz, travel around the US in an Airstream motor home before she landed the role of Lexi in Melrose Place". After the Fox soap ended in 1999, so did her 4 year romance with her boyfriend. Then after Ally Walker left, Jamie joined the cast of "Profiler" as Rachel Burke.
Later on she was in ABCs short lived "10-8: Officers on Duty". Then in 2005 she had lead roles in Lifetime's, Blind Injustice, Stranger in My Bed and in 2006 The Suspect, The Perfect Marriage and a guest spot on. "The War at Home".
Jamie has also done theater work in Santa Monica in "Black & Bluestein," Other Space, Santa Monica and The Young Playwrites Festival in Los Angeles.
- Was on "Growing Pains" along with actress Heather Graham in episode "Some Enchanted Evening" as Sheena Berkowitz, her first of 3 more guest appearances from 1987-1990.
- Studied acting at the Professional Children's School in New York City.
- Appeared in underwear along with 'Yasmine Bleeth' (qv), 'Alyssa Milano' (qv), 'Melissa Joan Hart' (qv), 'Garcelle Beauvais' (qv), 'Carmen Electra' (qv), 'Peta Wilson' (qv), and 'Jeri Ryan' (qv) on the cover of, and inside the October 1997 issue of "Details" magazine.
- She ranked #88 in 1996 in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women.
- In 2007, Luner made a rare theatrical appearance, as Susan in the comedy Black and Bluestein at The Santa Monica Playhouse.
- Aaron Spelling and the producers of "Savannah" at first insisted she audition for the role of Lane, the sweet girl, and only allowed Luner to audition for Peyton at the end of the day, after they had seen numerous others. Her reading clearly impressed them and she landed the role.
- Was considered as a recast of Carly Corinthos on General Hospital following the exit of Tamara Braun. The role eventually went to Jennifer Bransford.
- Won Los Angeles Shakespeare Festival for Single Monologues in 1988.