Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Barbara Duran
Herself - Host
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- Member of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1992
- Younger sister of actress 'Kelly Curtis (I)' (qv).
- Her deleted scene from _The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984)_ (qv) is included on the MGM Special Edition DVD, 2001, as the "Alternate Opening".
- Once said that 'Dan Aykroyd' (qv) was the best on-screen kisser she ever worked with.
- Measurements: 34C-22-32 (wardrobe on _Forever Young (1992)_ (qv)) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Around the time _True Lies (1994)_ (qv) was released, Jamie appeared in a series of commercials for L'Eggs Pantyhose. The company also took out an insurance policy for her legs.
- 'John Cleese' (qv) found it amusing that her father, 'Tony Curtis (I)' (qv)'s real name was Bernard Schwartz. To tease her about this, during the production of _A Fish Called Wanda (1988)_ (qv), he had the call sheets refer to her as "Jamie Lee Schwartz.".
- Saw her future husband 'Christopher Guest (I)' (qv) in the issue of Rolling Stone magazine with 'Cyndi Lauper' (qv) on the cover. Guest appeared in a promotional photo for the film _This Is Spinal Tap (1984)_ (qv) in full costume and makeup as a rock star. She fell in love at first sight of the photo and gave her telephone number to his agent.