Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jamie Lee Curtis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - You Again
2008 - Beverly Hills Chihuahua
2004 - Christmas with the Kranks
2003 - Freaky Friday
2002 - Halloween: Resurrection
2001 - The Tailor of Panama
2001 - Daddy and Them
2000 - Drowning Mona
1999 - Virus
1998 - Homegrown
1998 - Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
1997 - Fierce Creatures
1994 - True Lies
1994 - Mother's Boys
1994 - My Girl 2
1992 - Forever Young
1991 - My Girl
1988 - A Fish Called Wanda
1984 - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
1984 - Terror in the Aisles
1983 - Trading Places
1982 - Halloween III: Season of the Witch
1981 - Escape from New York
1981 - Halloween II
1980 - Terror Train
1980 - Prom Night
1980 - The Fog
1978 - Halloween
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Barbara Duran
Herself - Host
Girl in Dressing Room
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- When making reservations in exclusive London restaurants at short notice, she gives her name as Lady Haden-Guest, which apparently works better than Jamie Lee Curtis.
- Stepdaughter of 'Jill Vandenberg Curtis' (qv).
- Once said that 'Dan Aykroyd' (qv) was the best on-screen kisser she ever worked with.
- Became formally known as Baroness Haden-Guest of Saling in the County of Essex (or, less formally, Lady Haden-Guest), when her husband, Christopher, inherited the barony in 1996 on the death of his father.
- Member of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1992
- Daughter of 'Tony Curtis (I)' (qv) and 'Janet Leigh' (qv)
- Won a 2003 Grammy nomination in the Best Spoken Album for Children category for her recording of the children's books she has written.
- Around the time _True Lies (1994)_ (qv) was released, Jamie appeared in a series of commercials for L'Eggs Pantyhose. The company also took out an insurance policy for her legs.