Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jamie Lee Curtis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - You Again
2008 - Beverly Hills Chihuahua
2004 - Christmas with the Kranks
2003 - Freaky Friday
2002 - Halloween: Resurrection
2001 - The Tailor of Panama
2001 - Daddy and Them
2000 - Drowning Mona
1999 - Virus
1998 - Homegrown
1998 - Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
1997 - Fierce Creatures
1994 - True Lies
1994 - Mother's Boys
1994 - My Girl 2
1992 - Forever Young
1991 - My Girl
1988 - A Fish Called Wanda
1984 - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
1984 - Terror in the Aisles
1983 - Trading Places
1982 - Halloween III: Season of the Witch
1981 - Escape from New York
1981 - Halloween II
1980 - Terror Train
1980 - Prom Night
1980 - The Fog
1978 - Halloween
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Barbara Duran
Herself - Audience Member
Girl in Dressing Room
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- It was on her suggestion that _Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)_ (qv) was made.
- Graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall private school in 1976.
- Saw her future husband 'Christopher Guest (I)' (qv) in the issue of Rolling Stone magazine with 'Cyndi Lauper' (qv) on the cover. Guest appeared in a promotional photo for the film _This Is Spinal Tap (1984)_ (qv) in full costume and makeup as a rock star. She fell in love at first sight of the photo and gave her telephone number to his agent.
- Attended University of the Pacific in Stockton, California.
- Measurements: 34C-22-32 (wardrobe on _Forever Young (1992)_ (qv)) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Was asked to cameo in _Scream 3 (2000)_ (qv), but declined.
- Member of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1992
- During the 1980s she was engaged to Hollywood production designer 'J. Michael Riva' (qv), the grandson of screen legend 'Marlene Dietrich' (qv). Her godfather was MCA-Universal CEO 'Lew Wasserman' (qv).