Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jamie Lee Curtis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- Godmother of 'Jake Gyllenhaal' (qv).
- Around the time _True Lies (1994)_ (qv) was released, Jamie appeared in a series of commercials for L'Eggs Pantyhose. The company also took out an insurance policy for her legs.
- Stepdaughter of 'Jill Vandenberg Curtis' (qv).
- When making reservations in exclusive London restaurants at short notice, she gives her name as Lady Haden-Guest, which apparently works better than Jamie Lee Curtis.
- Sister-in-law of 'Nicholas Guest' (qv) and 'Pamela Guest' (qv).
- During the 1980s she was engaged to Hollywood production designer 'J. Michael Riva' (qv), the grandson of screen legend 'Marlene Dietrich' (qv). Her godfather was MCA-Universal CEO 'Lew Wasserman' (qv).
- Was asked to cameo in _Scream 3 (2000)_ (qv), but declined.
- Won a 2003 Grammy nomination in the Best Spoken Album for Children category for her recording of the children's books she has written.