Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jamie Lee Curtis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- Graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall private school in 1976.
- Won a 2003 Grammy nomination in the Best Spoken Album for Children category for her recording of the children's books she has written.
- 'John Cleese' (qv) found it amusing that her father, 'Tony Curtis (I)' (qv)'s real name was Bernard Schwartz. To tease her about this, during the production of _A Fish Called Wanda (1988)_ (qv), he had the call sheets refer to her as "Jamie Lee Schwartz.".
- Attended University of the Pacific in Stockton, California.
- She told a German magazine that she will retire from making movies and that _Christmas with the Kranks (2004)_ (qv) will be her last work as an actress. (November 2004)
- Two of her earliest roles make reference to roles played by her father. She appeared in the television series _"Operation Petticoat" (1977)_ (qv), based on the movie that had starred her father, 'Tony Curtis (I)' (qv). While on hiatus from that show, she was cast in _Halloween (1978)_ (qv), in which the detective "Sam Loomis" was named after a character from _Psycho (1960)_ (qv), which had starred her mother, 'Janet Leigh' (qv). Also, her father imitated 'Cary Grant' (qv)'s voice for his role in _Some Like It Hot (1959)_ (qv), and worked with Grant himself in _Operation Petticoat (1959)_ (qv). Grant's birth name, Archie Leach, was used as the name for 'John Cleese' (qv)'s character in _A Fish Called Wanda (1988)_ (qv).
- Saw her future husband 'Christopher Guest (I)' (qv) in the issue of Rolling Stone magazine with 'Cyndi Lauper' (qv) on the cover. Guest appeared in a promotional photo for the film _This Is Spinal Tap (1984)_ (qv) in full costume and makeup as a rock star. She fell in love at first sight of the photo and gave her telephone number to his agent.
- It was on her suggestion that _Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)_ (qv) was made.