Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jamie Lee Curtis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- When making reservations in exclusive London restaurants at short notice, she gives her name as Lady Haden-Guest, which apparently works better than Jamie Lee Curtis.
- Was one of the guests at 'Sandra Bullock' (qv)'s and 'Jesse James (VII)' (qv)' wedding.
- Graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall private school in 1976.
- Half-sister of 'Allegra Curtis' (qv).
- During the 1980s she was engaged to Hollywood production designer 'J. Michael Riva' (qv), the grandson of screen legend 'Marlene Dietrich' (qv). Her godfather was MCA-Universal CEO 'Lew Wasserman' (qv).
- Saw her future husband 'Christopher Guest (I)' (qv) in the issue of Rolling Stone magazine with 'Cyndi Lauper' (qv) on the cover. Guest appeared in a promotional photo for the film _This Is Spinal Tap (1984)_ (qv) in full costume and makeup as a rock star. She fell in love at first sight of the photo and gave her telephone number to his agent.
- It was on her suggestion that _Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)_ (qv) was made.
- Won a 2003 Grammy nomination in the Best Spoken Album for Children category for her recording of the children's books she has written.