Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- Godmother of 'Jake Gyllenhaal' (qv).
- Won a 2003 Grammy nomination in the Best Spoken Album for Children category for her recording of the children's books she has written.
- During the 1980s she was engaged to Hollywood production designer 'J. Michael Riva' (qv), the grandson of screen legend 'Marlene Dietrich' (qv). Her godfather was MCA-Universal CEO 'Lew Wasserman' (qv).
- She told a German magazine that she will retire from making movies and that _Christmas with the Kranks (2004)_ (qv) will be her last work as an actress. (November 2004)
- Member of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1992
- Was asked to cameo in _Scream 3 (2000)_ (qv), but declined.
- Daughter of 'Tony Curtis (I)' (qv) and 'Janet Leigh' (qv)
- Attended University of the Pacific in Stockton, California.