Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Barbara Duran
Herself - Host
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- Saw her future husband 'Christopher Guest (I)' (qv) in the issue of Rolling Stone magazine with 'Cyndi Lauper' (qv) on the cover. Guest appeared in a promotional photo for the film _This Is Spinal Tap (1984)_ (qv) in full costume and makeup as a rock star. She fell in love at first sight of the photo and gave her telephone number to his agent.
- Younger sister of actress 'Kelly Curtis (I)' (qv).
- Godmother of 'Jake Gyllenhaal' (qv).
- Member of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1992
- Around the time _True Lies (1994)_ (qv) was released, Jamie appeared in a series of commercials for L'Eggs Pantyhose. The company also took out an insurance policy for her legs.
- Two of her earliest roles make reference to roles played by her father. She appeared in the television series _"Operation Petticoat" (1977)_ (qv), based on the movie that had starred her father, 'Tony Curtis (I)' (qv). While on hiatus from that show, she was cast in _Halloween (1978)_ (qv), in which the detective "Sam Loomis" was named after a character from _Psycho (1960)_ (qv), which had starred her mother, 'Janet Leigh' (qv). Also, her father imitated 'Cary Grant' (qv)'s voice for his role in _Some Like It Hot (1959)_ (qv), and worked with Grant himself in _Operation Petticoat (1959)_ (qv). Grant's birth name, Archie Leach, was used as the name for 'John Cleese' (qv)'s character in _A Fish Called Wanda (1988)_ (qv).
- During the 1980s she was engaged to Hollywood production designer 'J. Michael Riva' (qv), the grandson of screen legend 'Marlene Dietrich' (qv). Her godfather was MCA-Universal CEO 'Lew Wasserman' (qv).
- It was on her suggestion that _Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)_ (qv) was made.