Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Barbara Duran
Herself - Host
Herself - Guest
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- Attended University of the Pacific in Stockton, California.
- Once said that 'Dan Aykroyd' (qv) was the best on-screen kisser she ever worked with.
- Half-sister of 'Allegra Curtis' (qv).
- She told a German magazine that she will retire from making movies and that _Christmas with the Kranks (2004)_ (qv) will be her last work as an actress. (November 2004)
- Sister-in-law of 'Nicholas Guest' (qv) and 'Pamela Guest' (qv).
- Stepdaughter of 'Jill Vandenberg Curtis' (qv).
- Said in an interview on _Good Entertainment, with Michael Medved (2001) (TV)_ (qv) that, ironically, horror films terrify her and she prefers not to watch them.
- Saw her future husband 'Christopher Guest (I)' (qv) in the issue of Rolling Stone magazine with 'Cyndi Lauper' (qv) on the cover. Guest appeared in a promotional photo for the film _This Is Spinal Tap (1984)_ (qv) in full costume and makeup as a rock star. She fell in love at first sight of the photo and gave her telephone number to his agent.