Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Barbara Duran
Herself - Host
Herself - Guest
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- Stepdaughter of 'Jill Vandenberg Curtis' (qv).
- Attended University of the Pacific in Stockton, California.
- Was one of the guests at 'Sandra Bullock' (qv)'s and 'Jesse James (VII)' (qv)' wedding.
- Measurements: 34C-22-32 (wardrobe on _Forever Young (1992)_ (qv)) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Two of her earliest roles make reference to roles played by her father. She appeared in the television series _"Operation Petticoat" (1977)_ (qv), based on the movie that had starred her father, 'Tony Curtis (I)' (qv). While on hiatus from that show, she was cast in _Halloween (1978)_ (qv), in which the detective "Sam Loomis" was named after a character from _Psycho (1960)_ (qv), which had starred her mother, 'Janet Leigh' (qv). Also, her father imitated 'Cary Grant' (qv)'s voice for his role in _Some Like It Hot (1959)_ (qv), and worked with Grant himself in _Operation Petticoat (1959)_ (qv). Grant's birth name, Archie Leach, was used as the name for 'John Cleese' (qv)'s character in _A Fish Called Wanda (1988)_ (qv).
- During the 1980s she was engaged to Hollywood production designer 'J. Michael Riva' (qv), the grandson of screen legend 'Marlene Dietrich' (qv). Her godfather was MCA-Universal CEO 'Lew Wasserman' (qv).
- Was asked to cameo in _Scream 3 (2000)_ (qv), but declined.
- Daughter of 'Tony Curtis (I)' (qv) and 'Janet Leigh' (qv)