Nov. 22nd, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jamie Lee Curtis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - You Again
2008 - Beverly Hills Chihuahua
2004 - Christmas with the Kranks
2003 - Freaky Friday
2002 - Halloween: Resurrection
2001 - The Tailor of Panama
2001 - Daddy and Them
2000 - Drowning Mona
1999 - Virus
1998 - Homegrown
1998 - Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
1997 - Fierce Creatures
1994 - True Lies
1994 - Mother's Boys
1994 - My Girl 2
1992 - Forever Young
1991 - My Girl
1988 - A Fish Called Wanda
1984 - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
1984 - Terror in the Aisles
1983 - Trading Places
1982 - Halloween III: Season of the Witch
1981 - Escape from New York
1981 - Halloween II
1980 - Terror Train
1980 - Prom Night
1980 - The Fog
1978 - Halloween
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Barbara Duran
Herself - Audience Member
Girl in Dressing Room
Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of legendary actors Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis (I). She got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). After that she became famous for roles in movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). She starred in one of the biggest action films ever, True Lies (1994), for which she won a Golden Globe for her performance. In 1998 she starred in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) in which she reprised her role that made her famous back in 1978.
- Two of her earliest roles make reference to roles played by her father. She appeared in the television series _"Operation Petticoat" (1977)_ (qv), based on the movie that had starred her father, 'Tony Curtis (I)' (qv). While on hiatus from that show, she was cast in _Halloween (1978)_ (qv), in which the detective "Sam Loomis" was named after a character from _Psycho (1960)_ (qv), which had starred her mother, 'Janet Leigh' (qv). Also, her father imitated 'Cary Grant' (qv)'s voice for his role in _Some Like It Hot (1959)_ (qv), and worked with Grant himself in _Operation Petticoat (1959)_ (qv). Grant's birth name, Archie Leach, was used as the name for 'John Cleese' (qv)'s character in _A Fish Called Wanda (1988)_ (qv).
- Around the time _True Lies (1994)_ (qv) was released, Jamie appeared in a series of commercials for L'Eggs Pantyhose. The company also took out an insurance policy for her legs.
- Godmother of 'Jake Gyllenhaal' (qv).
- Attended University of the Pacific in Stockton, California.
- Won a 2003 Grammy nomination in the Best Spoken Album for Children category for her recording of the children's books she has written.
- 'John Cleese' (qv) found it amusing that her father, 'Tony Curtis (I)' (qv)'s real name was Bernard Schwartz. To tease her about this, during the production of _A Fish Called Wanda (1988)_ (qv), he had the call sheets refer to her as "Jamie Lee Schwartz.".
- Was asked to cameo in _Scream 3 (2000)_ (qv), but declined.
- She told a German magazine that she will retire from making movies and that _Christmas with the Kranks (2004)_ (qv) will be her last work as an actress. (November 2004)