May. 15th, 1981
Jericho, New York, USA
Jamie-Lynn Sigler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Dark Ride
2006 - Homie Spumoni
2005 - Love Wrecked
2004 - Extreme Dating
Guest TV Roles
Ms. Fern the Teacher Hero (Voiced)
Herself - Guest
Jamie-Lynn Sigler has been acting and singing since the age of 7. She got her start in New York regional theater, and has since starred in over two dozen theatrical productions including "Annie," "The Wizard of Oz," "The Sound of Music," "The Wiz," and "Gypsy." In the summer of 2001, she starred in the touring production of Richard Rodgers (I) and Oscar Hammerstein II's "Cinderella," playing the lead opposite Eartha Kitt. Jamie made her Broadway debut starring as Belle in Disney's Broadway production of "Beauty and the Beast" from October of 2002 through February 2003.
Beyond her theatrical appearances, she currently stars as Meadow Soprano in the critically acclaimed HBO original series "The Sopranos" (1999). For her work on the show, she received the 1999 and 2000 Hollywood Reporter Young Star Awards for Best Young Actress in a Dramatic Television Series and both 2001 and 2002 ALMA nominations. She also has a SAG Award for "The Sopranos" (1999) Best Ensemble Cast.
Jamie has also starred as former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss in the USA Network's two-hour original movie Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss (2004) (TV). She recently completed her first feature film, Extreme Dating (2004), and starred in the music video for Mariah Carey's single, "Through the Rain."
Jamie, who battled an eating disorder in the late 1990s while starring on "The Sopranos" (1999), is now a spokesperson for the National Eating Disorders Association (www.nationaleatingdisorders.org). In 2002, she published her revealing autobiography, "Wise Girl" (Pocket Books) to rave reviews. A few years ago, she was paralyzed from the waist down for several days with Lyme Disease. Her recovery has given her a fresh outlook on her work and her life.
Jamie is originally from Jericho (Long Island, New York) and currently resides in New York City. She married her manager, A.J. Discala, in July of 2003. However, that marriage has since ended.
- Jamie-Lynn's father is president of an amateur baseball league.
- Appeared in an episode of _"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)_ (qv) where she discussed how she almost became anorexic after her boyfriend broke up with her.
- Ranked #73 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002)
- September 2002 announced engagement to her former manager, 'A.J. Discala' (qv).
- Parents: Connie and Steve Sigler.
- Ranked #59 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- After the success of _"The Sopranos" (1999)_ (qv), she dropped out from NYU in November 1999 to pursue her show business career. She has not ruled out returning to college one day.
- Named #42 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)