Mar. 12th, 1948
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
James Taylor's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1978 Tony Award, for both music and lyrics, as one of several people sharing a nomination as Best Score for "Working."
- 3/30/04: Performed in Beverly Hills, CA, at a fund-raiser for 'John Kerry (III)' (qv)'s Democratic presidential campaign.
- Ex-brother-in-law of 'Lucy Simon (II)' (qv), 'Joanne Simon' (qv) and Peter Simon.
- Children with 'Carly Simon' (qv): 'Ben Taylor (XIX)' (qv) and 'Sally Taylor (V)' (qv). Both are involved in music.
- October 2004: Performed the Star Spangled Banner at Fenway Park in Boston for Game 2 of the World Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Boston Red Sox.
- He was voted the 84th Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist of all time by Rolling Stone.
- Was once signed by 'The Beatles' (qv)' Apple label in the late 1960s.
- Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2000.