Mar. 12th, 1948
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
James Taylor's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Funny People
1971 - Two-Lane Blacktop
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
James Taylor (Voiced)
- He was voted the 84th Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist of all time by Rolling Stone.
- His late brother, Alex Taylor, and (still-living) sister Kate Taylor were both singer-songwriters; younger brother 'Livingston Taylor' (qv) is still an active folk-pop-jazz performer.
- October 2004: Performed the Star Spangled Banner at Fenway Park in Boston for Game 2 of the World Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Boston Red Sox.
- 2000: Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- 10/4/07: Grandchild Bodhi Taylor Bragonier born.
- Was once signed by 'The Beatles' (qv)' Apple label in the late 1960s.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1978 Tony Award, for both music and lyrics, as one of several people sharing a nomination as Best Score for "Working."
- Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2000.