Jul. 25th, 1985
Hemet, California, USA
James Lafferty's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Lafferty was born and raised in Hemet, California. Lefferty attended Hemet High School and played basketball for the Bulldogs, even earning the MVP award. He has been steadily working since the age of 6 when his mother encouraged him and his brother, 'Stuart Lafferty', to act as a hobby. At age ten, he received his first speaking part and, then later, a role on the short lived television series Emeril (2001) as Emeril Lagasse's son.
Lafferty also made guest appearances as Once and Again (1999) as Tad and Boston Public (2000). He also had a role in the ESPN movie A Season on the Brink (2002), a basketball movie about the Indiana Hoosiers, where he was able to demonstrate his basketball skills. He graduated in 2003 from Hemet High and was enrolled at Cal State Long Beach before he received the role of Nathan on the WB Network's new series One Tree Hill (2003), filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina. Once in University, Lafferty plans on majoring in international studies.
Lafferty currently resides in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. He is an ardent basketball player, and played for the New Orleans basketball team at the 2008 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game alongside Ne-Yo, Terrell Owens, Taylor Hicks, and Master P. They defeated the Hornets 51-50 with Owens being named MVP. He is a supporting partner of the professional basketball team, the Wilmington Sea Dawgs, part of the Premiere Basketball League. From 2003-2008, he hosted a yearly charity basketball event in Wilmington. However, in 2009, he announced that he was canceling the event, stating: "As a result of constant harassment and gross invasions of privacy via e-mail and telephone, targeting myself, my friends and even my family, I no longer feel comfortable holding a fundraiser in such an intimate setting with fans".
- His favorite actors are: 'Tom Hanks' (qv), and 'Edward Norton (I)' (qv).
- Favorite movies are: _Fight Club (1999)_ (qv) and _Beautiful Girls (1996)_ (qv).
- He has a black belt in Tae Kwon Doe.
- Co-Star Sophia Bush is also his girlfriend.
- Was born to Angie and Jeff Lafferty, who own a local construction business in Hemet California.
- Is good friends with Bethany Joy Lenz, Lee Norris, Tyler Hilton, and Sophia Bush.
- Received the nickname "Baby James" by his co-workers, Hilarie Burton, Chad Michael Murray, Sophia Bush and Bethany Joy Lenz.
- His favorite basketball team is the Los Angeles Lakers.