Dec. 13th, 1975
Seoul, South Korea
James Kyson Lee's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Seoul, South Korea, James moved with his family to New York City at the age of 10. He graduated from Bronx High School of Science and continued his education at Boston University and New England Institute of the Arts where he studied communications & broadcasting.
After trying out improv and inspired by his newly discovered passion for performing, James sold his used car and purchased a one-way ticket to Los Angeles, where he began his training in music, dance, and acting.
James has since guest-starred on hit TV shows such as "CSI", "Las Vegas", "The West Wing", "Heist", "Threat Matrix", "JAG", and "All About the Andersons".
He currently stars as "Ando" on NBC's critically acclaimed drama "Heroes".
In addition, James is set to star in four upcoming productions: How to make love to a woman (2010), Termination Shock (2009), Hard Breakers (2010), and Necrosis (2010).
A student of improvisation & sketch comedy at The Groundlings, UCB and I.O.West, James also enjoys playing basketball, ultimate frisbee, and the piano, as well as reading, and watching documentaries.
James currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Kyson - his middle name - comes from the 1st letters of his parents' surnames (k & y) and the word "son". Also means "Child of the Spirit".
- Sings & records jazz standards. Sometimes performs at random piano bars in Los Angeles.
- Attended Bronx H.S. of Science in New York City.
- His Korean name is Lee Jae Hyeok. (or Jae Hyuk).
- Was once a member of a Hip Hop group as an MC.