51 (passed away Jun. 19th, 2013)
Sep. 18th, 1961
Westwood, New Jersey, USA
6' 0 1/2
James Gandolfini's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
New Jersey-born James Gandolfini began acting in the New York theater. His Broadway debut was in the 1992 revival of "A Streetcar Named Desire" with Jessica Lange and Alec Baldwin. James' breakthrough role was his portrayal of Virgil the hitman in Tony Scott (I)'s True Romance (1993), but the role that brought him worldwide fame and accolades was as complex Mafia boss Tony Soprano in HBO's smash hit series "The Sopranos" (1999). He currently lives in Greenwich Village in New York City.
- Is friends with former New York Mayor 'Rudolph W. Giuliani' (qv).
- Nominated for the 2009 Tony Award for Best Performance for a Leading Actor in a Play for "God of Carnage".
- His sister Johanna is a prominent official with the New Jersey Family Court system.
- Was voted "best-looking" in high school
- In _Crimson Tide (1995)_ (qv) he played an officer on the U.S.S. Alabama. In _True Romance (1993)_ (qv), he beats up a woman named Alabama, played by 'Patricia Arquette' (qv).
- Was considered for the role of Ben Grimm/The Thing in _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv).
- Well trained in Krav Maga, (an Israeli style of Martial Arts) which he practiced for 2 1/2 years.
- Played 'Aida Turturro' (qv)'s father in _Romance & Cigarettes (2005)_ (qv) and her brother in _"The Sopranos" (1999)_ (qv).