51 (passed away Jun. 19th, 2013)
Sep. 18th, 1961
Westwood, New Jersey, USA
6' 0 1/2
James Gandolfini's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
New Jersey-born James Gandolfini began acting in the New York theater. His Broadway debut was in the 1992 revival of "A Streetcar Named Desire" with Jessica Lange and Alec Baldwin. James' breakthrough role was his portrayal of Virgil the hitman in Tony Scott (I)'s True Romance (1993), but the role that brought him worldwide fame and accolades was as complex Mafia boss Tony Soprano in HBO's smash hit series "The Sopranos" (1999). He currently lives in Greenwich Village in New York City.
- Became engaged to 'Lora Somoza' (qv) in January 2004. Broke up, amicably, in February 2005.
- In _Crimson Tide (1995)_ (qv) he played an officer on the U.S.S. Alabama. In _True Romance (1993)_ (qv), he beats up a woman named Alabama, played by 'Patricia Arquette' (qv).
- Named one of E!'s "top 20 entertainers of 2001."
- Was voted "best-looking" in high school
- His sister Johanna is a prominent official with the New Jersey Family Court system.
- Is friends with former New York Mayor 'Rudolph W. Giuliani' (qv).
- Graduated from Park Ridge High School, Park Ridge, New Jersey (1979).
- (January 2004) Became engaged to 'Lora Somoza' (qv).