Aug. 16th, 1954
Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada
James Cameron's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Mission Blue
2012 - Side by Side
2006 - Explorers: From The Titanic To The Moon
2005 - Aliens of the Deep
2004 - The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing
2003 - Ghost's Of The Abyss
1999 - The Muse
1997 - Titanic
1995 - Your Studio and You
Guest TV Roles
Himself (segment "Cameron's Avatar")
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
James Cameron was born in Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada, on August 16, 1954. He moved to the USA in 1971. The son of an engineer, he majored in physics at California State University but, after graduating, drove a truck to support his screen-writing ambition. He landed his first professional film job as art director, miniature-set builder, and process-projection supervisor on Roger Corman's Battle Beyond the Stars (1980) and debuted as a director with Piranha Part Two: The Spawning (1981) the following year.
In 1984, he wrote and directed The Terminator (1984), a futuristic action-thriller starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Biehn, and Linda Hamilton (I). It was a huge success. After this came a string of successful science-fiction action films such as Aliens (1986) and Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991). Cameron is now one of the most sought-after directors in Hollywood. He was formerly married to producer Gale Anne Hurd, who produced several of his films. He married Kathryn Bigelow in 1989.
- Has a daughter with 'Linda Hamilton (I)' (qv) named Josephine Archer Cameron born 15 February 1993.
- The mandibles of the Predator from _Predator (1987)_ (qv) were his idea.
- (4 April 2001) Twins, Claire and Quinn, with wife 'Suzy Amis' (qv), born.
- Has a stepson named Jasper, from 'Suzy Amis' (qv)' marriage to 'Sam Robards' (qv).
- (September 2000) Cameron is in talks with RKK Energia and MirCorp to pay his way on board the Mir space station (or the ISS, should Mir be deorbited). He has been given the medical green light, and has already ridden aboard the Ilushin-76 jet used to train cosmonauts for space missions.
- 2007- Ranked #3 on EW's The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood.
- Married one of his producers and two of his actresses.
- Lost a plagiarism lawsuit brought by 'Harlan Ellison' (qv) involving the movie _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv). Newer prints of the film acknowledge Ellison.