Aug. 16th, 1954
Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada
James Cameron's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Mission Blue
2012 - Side by Side
2006 - Explorers: From The Titanic To The Moon
2005 - Aliens of the Deep
2004 - The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing
2003 - Ghost's Of The Abyss
1999 - The Muse
1997 - Titanic
1995 - Your Studio and You
1991 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Guest TV Roles
Himself (segment "Cameron's Avatar")
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
James Cameron was born in Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada, on August 16, 1954. He moved to the USA in 1971. The son of an engineer, he majored in physics at California State University but, after graduating, drove a truck to support his screen-writing ambition. He landed his first professional film job as art director, miniature-set builder, and process-projection supervisor on Roger Corman's Battle Beyond the Stars (1980) and debuted as a director with Piranha Part Two: The Spawning (1981) the following year.
In 1984, he wrote and directed The Terminator (1984), a futuristic action-thriller starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Biehn, and Linda Hamilton (I). It was a huge success. After this came a string of successful science-fiction action films such as Aliens (1986) and Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991). Cameron is now one of the most sought-after directors in Hollywood. He was formerly married to producer Gale Anne Hurd, who produced several of his films. He married Kathryn Bigelow in 1989.
- His production company is 'Lightstorm Entertainment'.
- Jokingly refers to _Titanic (1997)_ (qv) as his 190 Million Dollar "Chick Flick".
- (4 April 2001) Twins, Claire and Quinn, with wife 'Suzy Amis' (qv), born.
- Wrote a screenplay for _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv) movie, but was turned down by the studios, due to the fact that his version of Spider-Man was "too violent". 'Sam Raimi' (qv)'s version got the green light instead.
- Has a daughter with 'Linda Hamilton (I)' (qv) named Josephine Archer Cameron born 15 February 1993.
- Member of the American Cinema Editors (ACE).
- He has developed a new generation stereo imaging camera called "The Fusion Camera"
- A magazine article written about him in the 1980s described how he had three desks set up in his house. At one desk, he was writing the script to _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv), on another, he was finishing the script to _Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)_ (qv) and on the third, he was writing _Aliens (1986)_ (qv).