Sep. 18th, 1971
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Jada Pinkett Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Human Contract
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2008 - The Women
2007 - Reign Over Me
2005 - Madagascar
2004 - Collateral
2003 - The Matrix Revolutions
2003 - The Matrix Reloaded
2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
2001 - Ali
2000 - Bamboozled
1998 - Return to Paradise
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Set It Off
1996 - The Nutty Professor
1994 - Jason's Lyric
1994 - A Low Down Dirty Shame
1993 - Menace II Society
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Will's Wife (segment "Will Smith")
Ellen Screen Test #3
Jada Pinkett Smith was born to Robson Pinkett Jr. and Adrienne Banfield in Baltimore, Maryland. Her father was a contractor and her mother was a nurse. They divorced after only a few months of marriage. She majored in dance and choreography at the Baltimore School for the Arts, where one of her classmates was Tupac Shakur. She spent a year at the North Carolina School of the Arts before dropping out to pursue her career in acting. Her big break came in 1991 when she was cast in the part of a college frosh on the television sitcom "A Different World" (1987). She made her feature film debut two years later in Menace II Society (1993). She did not gain widespread recognition, however, until her role opposite Eddie Murphy (I) in The Nutty Professor (1996). In addition to being in front of the camera, she has spent time behind it directing music videos. Pinkett-Smith is married to Will Smith (I), and they have a son, Jaden Christopher Syre Smith; and a daughter, Willow Camille Reign Smith.
- She and her husband, 'Will Smith (I)' (qv), opened a Planet Hollywood in her hometown of Baltimore, Maryland, in March of 1998.
- She attended Baltimore's School of Arts at the same time as 'Tupac Shakur' (qv), where they became close friends. They made a video together at the amusement park King's Dominion, where they lip-synced to 'Will Smith (I)' (qv)'s & 'Jeffrey A. Townes' (qv)'s "Parents Just Don't Understand." Tupac acts like an MC, and Jada acts like a dancer.
- Lead singer of the pop/rock band Wicked Wisdom. Wicked Wisdom is well-known for being both mainstream pop and brutal heavy metal.
- Ironically auditioned for the role of future husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv)'s girlfriend, Lisa (played by 'Nia Long' (qv)), on _"The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (1990)_ (qv) but was told she was too short.
- She is of Native American descent specifically Cherokee.
- Step-mother of 'Trey Smith (II)' (qv) Will's son with his first wife Sheree.
- Five days before shooting _Woo (1998)_ (qv), Jada's close friend, 'Tupac Shakur' (qv), was killed.
- Has been good friends with 'Carrie-Anne Moss' (qv) since the filming of _The Matrix Reloaded (2003)_ (qv) and _The Matrix Revolutions (2003)_ (qv).