Sep. 18th, 1971
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Jada Pinkett Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jada Pinkett Smith was born to Robson Pinkett Jr. and Adrienne Banfield in Baltimore, Maryland. Her father was a contractor and her mother was a nurse. They divorced after only a few months of marriage. She majored in dance and choreography at the Baltimore School for the Arts, where one of her classmates was 'Tupac Shakur'. She spent a year at the North Carolina School of the Arts before dropping out to pursue her career in acting.
Her big break came in 1991 when she was cast in the part of a college frosh on the television sitcom A Different World (1987). She made her feature film debut two years later in Menace II Society (1993). She did not gain widespread recognition, however, until her role opposite 'Eddie Murphy' in The Nutty Professor (1996).
In addition to being in front of the camera, she has spent time behind it directing music videos. Pinkett-Smith is married to 'Will Smith', and they have a son, 'Jaden Christopher Syre Smith'; and a daughter, Willow Camille Reign Smith.
- Is part-owner of the skin-care line Carol's Daughter.
- She and husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) own a house in Howard County, Maryland. Smith often plays basketball with children who attend Homewood High School, a school for troubled children.
- Ironically auditioned for the role of future husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv)'s girlfriend, Lisa (played by 'Nia Long' (qv)), on _"The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (1990)_ (qv) but was told she was too short.
- Is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated.
- In 2000, she was voted by the readers of Black Men Magazine as one of the 10 sexiest women of the year.
- Mother of son, 'Jaden Smith' (qv) (born 8 July 1998), and daughter, 'Willow Smith' (qv) (born 31 October 2000), with husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv).
- Sent director 'Wes Craven' (qv) a set of steak knives after appearing in Craven's film, _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv).
- (31 October 2000) Her second child with husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv), a daughter, named Willow Camille Reign Smith, was born weighing 6 lbs 10 ozs.