Sep. 18th, 1971
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Jada Pinkett Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Human Contract
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2008 - The Women
2007 - Reign Over Me
2005 - Madagascar
2004 - Collateral
2003 - The Matrix Revolutions
2003 - The Matrix Reloaded
2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
2001 - Ali
2000 - Bamboozled
1998 - Return to Paradise
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Set It Off
1996 - The Nutty Professor
1994 - Jason's Lyric
1994 - A Low Down Dirty Shame
1993 - Menace II Society
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Will's Wife (segment "Will Smith")
Ellen Screen Test #3
Jada Pinkett Smith was born to Robson Pinkett Jr. and Adrienne Banfield in Baltimore, Maryland. Her father was a contractor and her mother was a nurse. They divorced after only a few months of marriage. She majored in dance and choreography at the Baltimore School for the Arts, where one of her classmates was 'Tupac Shakur'. She spent a year at the North Carolina School of the Arts before dropping out to pursue her career in acting.
Her big break came in 1991 when she was cast in the part of a college frosh on the television sitcom A Different World (1987). She made her feature film debut two years later in Menace II Society (1993). She did not gain widespread recognition, however, until her role opposite 'Eddie Murphy' in The Nutty Professor (1996).
In addition to being in front of the camera, she has spent time behind it directing music videos. Pinkett-Smith is married to 'Will Smith', and they have a son, 'Jaden Christopher Syre Smith'; and a daughter, Willow Camille Reign Smith.
- Has been with 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) since 1995, two years before their marriage.
- She and husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) own a house in Howard County, Maryland. Smith often plays basketball with children who attend Homewood High School, a school for troubled children.
- Attended the North Carolina School Of The Arts for one year but did not graduate because she left for California to pursue acting. She is a honorary Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority member.
- Is part-owner of the skin-care line Carol's Daughter.
- Sent director 'Wes Craven' (qv) a set of steak knives after appearing in Craven's film, _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv).
- Lead singer of the pop/rock band Wicked Wisdom. Wicked Wisdom is well-known for being both mainstream pop and brutal heavy metal.
- Step-mother of 'Trey Smith (II)' (qv) Will's son with his first wife Sheree.
- (31 October 2000) Her second child with husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv), a daughter, named Willow Camille Reign Smith, was born weighing 6 lbs 10 ozs.