Sep. 18th, 1971
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Jada Pinkett Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Magic Mike XXL
2012 - Madagascar 3 - Europe's Most Wanted
2008 - The Human Contract
2008 - The Women
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2007 - Reign Over Me
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2005 - Madagascar
2004 - Collateral
2003 - The Matrix Revolutions
2003 - The Matrix Reloaded
2001 - Ali
2001 - Kingdom Come
2000 - Bamboozled
1998 - Return to Paradise
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Set It Off
1996 - The Nutty Professor
1994 - The Inkwell
1994 - A Low Down Dirty Shame
1994 - Jason's Lyric
1993 - Menace II Society
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Will's Wife (segment "Will Smith")
Ellen Screen Test #3
Jada Pinkett Smith was born to Robson Pinkett Jr. and Adrienne Banfield in Baltimore, Maryland. Her father was a contractor and her mother was a nurse. They divorced after only a few months of marriage. She majored in dance and choreography at the Baltimore School for the Arts, where one of her classmates was 'Tupac Shakur'. She spent a year at the North Carolina School of the Arts before dropping out to pursue her career in acting.
Her big break came in 1991 when she was cast in the part of a college frosh on the television sitcom A Different World (1987). She made her feature film debut two years later in Menace II Society (1993). She did not gain widespread recognition, however, until her role opposite 'Eddie Murphy' in The Nutty Professor (1996).
In addition to being in front of the camera, she has spent time behind it directing music videos. Pinkett-Smith is married to 'Will Smith', and they have a son, 'Jaden Christopher Syre Smith'; and a daughter, Willow Camille Reign Smith.
- She attended Baltimore's School of Arts at the same time as 'Tupac Shakur' (qv), where they became close friends. They made a video together at the amusement park King's Dominion, where they lip-synced to 'Will Smith (I)' (qv)'s & 'Jeffrey A. Townes' (qv)'s "Parents Just Don't Understand." Tupac acts like an MC, and Jada acts like a dancer.
- Has been good friends with 'Carrie-Anne Moss' (qv) since the filming of _The Matrix Reloaded (2003)_ (qv) and _The Matrix Revolutions (2003)_ (qv).
- (October 2005) She and 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) were forced to leave their home in California, because a bush fire threatened to destroy it and several other houses in that area.
- Has been with 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) since 1995, two years before their marriage.
- Step-mother of 'Trey Smith (II)' (qv) Will's son with his first wife Sheree.
- Attended the North Carolina School Of The Arts for one year but did not graduate because she left for California to pursue acting. She is a honorary Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority member.
- Ironically auditioned for the role of future husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv)'s girlfriend, Lisa (played by 'Nia Long' (qv)), on _"The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (1990)_ (qv) but was told she was too short.
- Miss Maryland, 1988.