Sep. 18th, 1971
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Jada Pinkett Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Magic Mike XXL
2012 - Madagascar 3 - Europe's Most Wanted
2008 - The Human Contract
2008 - The Women
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2007 - Reign Over Me
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2005 - Madagascar
2004 - Collateral
2003 - The Matrix Reloaded
2003 - The Matrix Revolutions
2001 - Ali
2001 - Kingdom Come
2000 - Bamboozled
1998 - Return to Paradise
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Set It Off
1996 - The Nutty Professor
1994 - The Inkwell
1994 - A Low Down Dirty Shame
1994 - Jason's Lyric
1993 - Menace II Society
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Will's Wife (segment "Will Smith")
Ellen Screen Test #3
Jada Pinkett Smith was born to Robson Pinkett Jr. and Adrienne Banfield in Baltimore, Maryland. Her father was a contractor and her mother was a nurse. They divorced after only a few months of marriage. She majored in dance and choreography at the Baltimore School for the Arts, where one of her classmates was 'Tupac Shakur'. She spent a year at the North Carolina School of the Arts before dropping out to pursue her career in acting.
Her big break came in 1991 when she was cast in the part of a college frosh on the television sitcom A Different World (1987). She made her feature film debut two years later in Menace II Society (1993). She did not gain widespread recognition, however, until her role opposite 'Eddie Murphy' in The Nutty Professor (1996).
In addition to being in front of the camera, she has spent time behind it directing music videos. Pinkett-Smith is married to 'Will Smith', and they have a son, 'Jaden Christopher Syre Smith'; and a daughter, Willow Camille Reign Smith.
- (31 October 2000) Her second child with husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv), a daughter, named Willow Camille Reign Smith, was born weighing 6 lbs 10 ozs.
- As a child, she took piano, tap, and ballet classes.
- Miss Maryland, 1988.
- Was among the guests at 'Tom Cruise' (qv) and 'Katie Holmes' (qv)'s wedding.
- She and husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) own a house in Howard County, Maryland. Smith often plays basketball with children who attend Homewood High School, a school for troubled children.
- Has been with 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) since 1995, two years before their marriage.
- She is of Native American descent specifically Cherokee.
- Mother of son, 'Jaden Smith' (qv) (born 8 July 1998), and daughter, 'Willow Smith' (qv) (born 31 October 2000), with husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv).