Sep. 18th, 1971
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Jada Pinkett Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jada Pinkett Smith was born to Robson Pinkett Jr. and Adrienne Banfield in Baltimore, Maryland. Her father was a contractor and her mother was a nurse. They divorced after only a few months of marriage. She majored in dance and choreography at the Baltimore School for the Arts, where one of her classmates was 'Tupac Shakur'. She spent a year at the North Carolina School of the Arts before dropping out to pursue her career in acting.
Her big break came in 1991 when she was cast in the part of a college frosh on the television sitcom A Different World (1987). She made her feature film debut two years later in Menace II Society (1993). She did not gain widespread recognition, however, until her role opposite 'Eddie Murphy' in The Nutty Professor (1996).
In addition to being in front of the camera, she has spent time behind it directing music videos. Pinkett-Smith is married to 'Will Smith', and they have a son, 'Jaden Christopher Syre Smith'; and a daughter, Willow Camille Reign Smith.
- As a child, she took piano, tap, and ballet classes.
- (October 2005) She and 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) were forced to leave their home in California, because a bush fire threatened to destroy it and several other houses in that area.
- Has been with 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) since 1995, two years before their marriage.
- She and her husband, 'Will Smith (I)' (qv), opened a Planet Hollywood in her hometown of Baltimore, Maryland, in March of 1998.
- Is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated.
- She is of Native American descent specifically Cherokee.
- Five days before shooting _Woo (1998)_ (qv), Jada's close friend, 'Tupac Shakur' (qv), was killed.
- Step-mother of 'Trey Smith (II)' (qv) Will's son with his first wife Sheree.