Sep. 18th, 1971
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Jada Pinkett Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Magic Mike XXL
2012 - Madagascar 3 - Europe's Most Wanted
2008 - The Human Contract
2008 - The Women
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2007 - Reign Over Me
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2005 - Madagascar
2004 - Collateral
2003 - The Matrix Reloaded
2003 - The Matrix Revolutions
2001 - Ali
2001 - Kingdom Come
2000 - Bamboozled
1998 - Return to Paradise
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Set It Off
1996 - The Nutty Professor
1994 - The Inkwell
1994 - A Low Down Dirty Shame
1994 - Jason's Lyric
1993 - Menace II Society
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Will's Wife (segment "Will Smith")
Ellen Screen Test #3
Jada Pinkett Smith was born to Robson Pinkett Jr. and Adrienne Banfield in Baltimore, Maryland. Her father was a contractor and her mother was a nurse. They divorced after only a few months of marriage. She majored in dance and choreography at the Baltimore School for the Arts, where one of her classmates was 'Tupac Shakur'. She spent a year at the North Carolina School of the Arts before dropping out to pursue her career in acting.
Her big break came in 1991 when she was cast in the part of a college frosh on the television sitcom A Different World (1987). She made her feature film debut two years later in Menace II Society (1993). She did not gain widespread recognition, however, until her role opposite 'Eddie Murphy' in The Nutty Professor (1996).
In addition to being in front of the camera, she has spent time behind it directing music videos. Pinkett-Smith is married to 'Will Smith', and they have a son, 'Jaden Christopher Syre Smith'; and a daughter, Willow Camille Reign Smith.
- Has been good friends with 'Carrie-Anne Moss' (qv) since the filming of _The Matrix Reloaded (2003)_ (qv) and _The Matrix Revolutions (2003)_ (qv).
- Mother of son, 'Jaden Smith' (qv) (born 8 July 1998), and daughter, 'Willow Smith' (qv) (born 31 October 2000), with husband 'Will Smith (I)' (qv).
- In 2000, she was voted by the readers of Black Men Magazine as one of the 10 sexiest women of the year.
- (October 2005) She and 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) were forced to leave their home in California, because a bush fire threatened to destroy it and several other houses in that area.
- She and her husband, 'Will Smith (I)' (qv), opened a Planet Hollywood in her hometown of Baltimore, Maryland, in March of 1998.
- Is part-owner of the skin-care line Carol's Daughter.
- Step-mother of 'Trey Smith (II)' (qv) Will's son with his first wife Sheree.
- Miss Maryland, 1988.