Oct. 26th, 1945
Houston, Texas, USA
Jaclyn Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jaclyn Ellen Smith (born October 26, 1945) in Houston, Texas. She graduated from high school and originally aspired to be a famous ballerina. In 1973, she landed a job as a Breck shampoo model. In 1976, she was offered a chance to star in a new pilot for a planned television series, entitled Charlie's Angels (1976). The pilot was slick and the show was an instant hit when it debuted on September 22, 1976 on ABC. Smith has the distinct honor of being the only Angel *not* to leave the show in its entire five-season run (1976-1981).
After Charlie's Angels (1976), she went the TV-movie route and starred in such TV films as Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy (1981), and such miniseries as The Bourne Identity (1988), Rage of Angels (1983) and Windmills of the Gods (1988). She has had her own extremely successful clothing line at Kmart since 1985, and is often a spokesperson.
She has two children from her third marriage to 'Anthony B. Richmond'. They divorced in (1989).
- 1990: Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world.
- 1985: Started her own line of clothing at K-Mart.
- Children, with 'Anthony B. Richmond' (qv): 'Spencer Margaret Richmond' (qv) and 'Gaston Richmond' (qv).
- Turned down the role of Gwen on the TV show _"Titans" (2000)_ (qv).
- Wears size 8M heels.
- Childhood friend of actress 'Nancy Fox (I)' (qv).
- 1998: The French musical group "Air" released the single "Kelly Watch The Stars", which is about the _"Charlie's Angels" (1976)_ (qv) character, "Kelly Garrett". In the video, one of the "Air" members is wearing a "Jaclyn Smith" shirt.
- Studied drama at Trinity University.