Mar. 1st, 1973
Jack Davenport's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jack Arthur Davenport is an English actor, known for Swingtown, Flashforward, Smash, Breathless, White Famous and Next of Kin.
- Graduated in film and English from the University of East Anglia.
- His maternal grandmother was the famed English socialite, the Hon. Lady Penelope Aitken (1910-2005).
- His great-great-uncle was the British politician and writer, Sir William Maxwell "Max" Aitken, 1st Baron Beaverbrook (1879-1964).
- Son of 'Nigel Davenport' (qv) and 'Maria Aitken' (qv).
- Attended Cheltenham College, as did his father, 'Nigel Davenport' (qv).
- His maternal great-grandfather was John Maffey, 1st Baron Rugby (1877-1969), a prominent British diplomat and the British ambassador to Ireland during World War II.
- He was nominated for a 2002 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Most Promising Newcomer of 2001 for his performance in The Servant at the Lyric Hammersmith Theatre.
- He is the nephew of former Conservative MP and Cabinet minister 'Jonathan Aitken (II)' (qv).