Mar. 1st, 1973
Suffolk, England, UK
Jack Davenport's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jack Davenport was born in 1973 and is the son of actors Maria Aitken and Nigel Davenport. He studied Literature and Film Studies at the University of East Anglia. His first break happened after he wrote to John Cleese to ask to be a runner on Fierce Creatures (1997) where he ended up playing a zoo keeper. His first major role however was that of public school educated barrister Miles in the BBC television series "This Life" (1996). Recent projects include the stylish "Ultraviolet" (1998) where he played a modern-day vampire hunter, The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) as Matt Damon's love interest, and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) as the Keira Knightley's intended mate.
- His great-great-uncle was the British politician and writer, Sir William Maxwell "Max" Aitken, 1st Baron Beaverbrook (1879-1964).
- His maternal great-grandfather was John Maffey, 1st Baron Rugby (1877-1969), a prominent British diplomat and the British ambassador to Ireland during World War II.
- Half-brother of actress 'Laura Davenport (I)' (qv).
- He is the nephew of former Conservative MP and Cabinet minister 'Jonathan Aitken (II)' (qv).
- Attended Cheltenham College, as did his father, 'Nigel Davenport' (qv).
- Son of 'Nigel Davenport' (qv) and 'Maria Aitken' (qv).
- Considered for the role of Caledon 'Cal' Hockley in James Cameron's "Titanic" but was deemed too young.
- He was considered for the role of Arthur Dent in _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)_ (qv) but the idea didn't prosper as the producers decided he was too good-looking for the role.