Mar. 1st, 1973
Suffolk, England, UK
Jack Davenport's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Boat That Rocked
2007 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
2006 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
2005 - The Wedding Date
2004 - The Libertine
2003 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
2001 - The Bunker
1999 - The Talented Mr. Ripley
1998 - The Wisdom of Crocodiles
1997 - Fierce Creatures
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jack Davenport was born in 1973 and is the son of actors Maria Aitken and Nigel Davenport. He studied Literature and Film Studies at the University of East Anglia. His first break happened after he wrote to John Cleese to ask to be a runner on Fierce Creatures (1997) where he ended up playing a zoo keeper. His first major role however was that of public school educated barrister Miles in the BBC television series "This Life" (1996). Recent projects include the stylish "Ultraviolet" (1998) where he played a modern-day vampire hunter, The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) as Matt Damon's love interest, and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) as the Keira Knightley's intended mate.
- His great-great-uncle was the British politician and writer, Sir William Maxwell "Max" Aitken, 1st Baron Beaverbrook (1879-1964).
- Graduated in film and English from the University of East Anglia.
- He is the nephew of former Conservative MP and Cabinet minister 'Jonathan Aitken (II)' (qv).
- Half-brother of actress 'Laura Davenport (I)' (qv).
- His maternal great-grandfather was John Maffey, 1st Baron Rugby (1877-1969), a prominent British diplomat and the British ambassador to Ireland during World War II.
- Considered for the role of Caledon 'Cal' Hockley in James Cameron's "Titanic" but was deemed too young.
- He was nominated for a 2002 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Most Promising Newcomer of 2001 for his performance in The Servant at the Lyric Hammersmith Theatre.
- He was considered for the role of Arthur Dent in _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)_ (qv) but the idea didn't prosper as the producers decided he was too good-looking for the role.