Mar. 1st, 1973
Suffolk, England, UK
Jack Davenport's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Kingsman: The Secret Service
2009 - The Boat That Rocked
2005 - The Wedding Date
2004 - The Libertine
2003 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
2001 - The Bunker
1999 - Russell Mulcahy's Tale of the Mummy
1999 - The Talented Mr. Ripley
1998 - The Wisdom of Crocodiles
1997 - Fierce Creatures
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jack Davenport was born in 1973 and is the son of actors Maria Aitken and Nigel Davenport. He studied Literature and Film Studies at the University of East Anglia. His first break happened after he wrote to John Cleese to ask to be a runner on Fierce Creatures (1997) where he ended up playing a zoo keeper. His first major role however was that of public school educated barrister Miles in the BBC television series "This Life" (1996). Recent projects include the stylish "Ultraviolet" (1998) where he played a modern-day vampire hunter, The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) as Matt Damon's love interest, and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) as the Keira Knightley's intended mate.
- Half-brother of actress 'Laura Davenport (I)' (qv).
- Graduated in film and English from the University of East Anglia.
- Considered for the role of Caledon 'Cal' Hockley in James Cameron's "Titanic" but was deemed too young.
- Attended Cheltenham College, as did his father, 'Nigel Davenport' (qv).
- Son of 'Nigel Davenport' (qv) and 'Maria Aitken' (qv).
- His maternal grandmother was the famed English socialite, the Hon. Lady Penelope Aitken (1910-2005).
- He was nominated for a 2002 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Most Promising Newcomer of 2001 for his performance in The Servant at the Lyric Hammersmith Theatre.
- His maternal great-grandfather was John Maffey, 1st Baron Rugby (1877-1969), a prominent British diplomat and the British ambassador to Ireland during World War II.