Jun. 24th, 1923
New York City, New York, USA
Jack Carter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Great Buck Howard
2007 - Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
2007 - Cougar Club
1998 - October 22
1989 - Arena
1981 - History of the World: Part I
1980 - The Octagon
1980 - Alligator
1975 - Hustle
1964 - Viva Las Vegas
Guest TV Roles
Wilbur Cobb (Voiced)
Harry (segment "Love and the Bachelor Party")
[no bio found]
- He was given a shot at hosting "The Texaco Star Theater" in the summer of 1948. Although it's known today as _"The Milton Berle Show" (1948)_ (qv), NBC decided to test emcees throughout that summer. Jack rotated with 'Henny Youngman' (qv), 'Georgie Price' (qv), 'Harry Richman' (qv), 'Morey Amsterdam' (qv), and 'Peter Donald (I)' (qv). After audience testing, Berle landed the permanent title in September, 1948 and the rest is history.
- A topnotch Las Vegas comedian known for his fast, irreverent and funny patter, he was once praised by the late great 'Fred Allen (I)' (qv) as "one of the outstanding comedians of the century."
- Hit television prominence in 1949 as the host of _"Cavalcade of Stars" (1949)_ (qv).
- Has a son, Michael, by ex-wife/singer 'Paula Stewart' (qv).
- Appeared on Broadway in "Call Me Mister," "Top Banana" and "Mr. Wonderful."
- Hosted the very first televised Tony awards.
- Biography in: "Who's Who in Comedy" by Ronald L. Smith. Pg. 97-98. New York: Facts on File, 1992. ISBN 0816023387.
- Attended New Utrecht High School and served in the entertainment division of the Army Air Corps during WWII.
Related sites for this celeb