Aug. 28th, 1969
Hermosa Beach, California, USA
Jack Black's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jack Black was born in Santa Monica, California, and attended the University of California at Los Angeles. While at UCLA, he was a member of Tim Robbins (I)'s acting troupe and it was through this collaboration that led to his 1992 film debut in Bob Roberts (1992). Although he was just a background voice in his first film, Jack's appearances in such television shows as "The X Files" (1993), his breakthrough performance in High Fidelity (2000), and his rock-comedy band Tenacious D have created an ever-growing cult following.
- Was considered for the role of Freddy Lounds in _Red Dragon (2002)_ (qv).
- He and his wife eloped after dating less than a year. They were married in Big Sur, California by the same minister who performed 'Shane Stanley' (qv) and 'Val Barri' (qv)'s ceremony in 2005.
- Revealed on an Australian late night variety show that his favorite 'KISS (I)' (qv) rock song is 1982's "I Love it Loud," where he began singing parodied lyrics to the first verse.
- Hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 2002 along with 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv)
- Often competes for the same parts with 'Philip Seymour Hoffman' (qv). On the _The School of Rock (2003)_ (qv) DVD audio commentary, he jokingly calls Hoffman "my nemesis."
- Huge fan of Professional Wrestling.
- He and his wife, 'Tanya Haden' (qv), became the parents of a boy, Samuel Jason Black, on June 10th, 2006.
- One of his closest friends is 'David Grohl' (qv).