Aug. 28th, 1969
Hermosa Beach, California, USA
Jack Black's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jack Black was born in Santa Monica, California, and attended the University of California at Los Angeles. While at UCLA, he was a member of Tim Robbins (I)'s acting troupe and it was through this collaboration that led to his 1992 film debut in Bob Roberts (1992). Although he was just a background voice in his first film, Jack's appearances in such television shows as "The X Files" (1993), his breakthrough performance in High Fidelity (2000), and his rock-comedy band Tenacious D have created an ever-growing cult following.
- Is good friends with 'Tim Robbins (I)' (qv).
- He and his wife eloped after dating less than a year. They were married in Big Sur, California by the same minister who performed 'Shane Stanley' (qv) and 'Val Barri' (qv)'s ceremony in 2005.
- Attended Crossroads High School for the Arts and Sciences.
- His parents, who were both rocket scientists, divorced when Black was 10. His mother worked on the Hubble space telescope.
- Filmed a television pilot called _Heat Vision and Jack (1999) (TV)_ (qv) co-starring 'Ron Silver (I)' (qv), and 'Christine Taylor (I)' (qv), and directed by 'Ben Stiller' (qv). The show was a parody of _"Knight Rider" (1982)_ (qv), as well as other action/ adventure shows, and featured a talking motorcycle voiced by 'Owen Wilson (I)' (qv).
- Said he considers 'The Who' (qv) to be the greatest band in the world, explaining that "they were the first ones to ever rock HARD... the recklessness, the deliciousness!".
- Attended Poseidon School in Santa Monica, California.
- Appears in a parody of the Council of Elrond scene shown during the MTV movie awards. Lord of the Rings director 'Peter Jackson (I)' (qv) later cast him in _King Kong (2005)_ (qv).