Aug. 28th, 1969
Hermosa Beach, California, USA
Jack Black's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jack Black was born in Santa Monica, California, and attended the University of California at Los Angeles. While at UCLA, he was a member of Tim Robbins (I)'s acting troupe and it was through this collaboration that led to his 1992 film debut in Bob Roberts (1992). Although he was just a background voice in his first film, Jack's appearances in such television shows as "The X Files" (1993), his breakthrough performance in High Fidelity (2000), and his rock-comedy band Tenacious D have created an ever-growing cult following.
- He and his wife eloped after dating less than a year. They were married in Big Sur, California by the same minister who performed 'Shane Stanley' (qv) and 'Val Barri' (qv)'s ceremony in 2005.
- Member of the band 'Tenacious D' (qv).
- Jack and his wife, 'Tanya Haden' (qv), became the parents of their second son, Thomas David Black, on May 23rd 2008.
- Despite poking fun at the genre, he is actually a very knowledgeable fan of a lot hard rock/metal music from the 1970s and 1980s. He even appears as part of 'Tenacious D' (qv) in the 'Ronnie James Dio' (qv) video for the song "Push.".
- Said he considers 'The Who' (qv) to be the greatest band in the world, explaining that "they were the first ones to ever rock HARD... the recklessness, the deliciousness!".
- Appears in a parody of the Council of Elrond scene shown during the MTV movie awards. Lord of the Rings director 'Peter Jackson (I)' (qv) later cast him in _King Kong (2005)_ (qv).
- Wife, 'Tanya Haden' (qv), is a cellist. She is the daughter of jazz great 'Charlie Haden' (qv).
- Shares a birthday with 'Shania Twain' (qv), 'LeAnn Rimes' (qv) and 'Daniel Stern (I)' (qv).