Aug. 28th, 1969
Hermosa Beach, California, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jack Black was born in Santa Monica, California, and attended the University of California at Los Angeles. While at UCLA, he was a member of Tim Robbins (I)'s acting troupe and it was through this collaboration that led to his 1992 film debut in Bob Roberts (1992). Although he was just a background voice in his first film, Jack's appearances in such television shows as "The X Files" (1993), his breakthrough performance in High Fidelity (2000), and his rock-comedy band Tenacious D have created an ever-growing cult following.
- Said he considers 'The Who' (qv) to be the greatest band in the world, explaining that "they were the first ones to ever rock HARD... the recklessness, the deliciousness!".
- Member of the band 'Tenacious D' (qv).
- Starred in a management training film "Manager of the Year - Effective Listening (1987)" as a teenager who tells his father that the family car has been stolen.
- One of his closest friends is 'David Grohl' (qv).
- Attended Crossroads High School for the Arts and Sciences.
- His wife is a triplet. Her sisters, 'Petra Haden' (qv) and 'Rachel Haden' (qv), also musicians, used to be members of the band "That Dog". Petra was also a former member of the band 'The Decemberists' (qv). Their brother is 'Josh Haden' (qv).
- Is good friends with 'Tim Robbins (I)' (qv).
- Discovered he could act when he played a game of Freeze after a Passover seder.