Aug. 28th, 1969
Hermosa Beach, California, USA
Jack Black's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jack Black was born in Santa Monica, California, and attended the University of California at Los Angeles. While at UCLA, he was a member of Tim Robbins (I)'s acting troupe and it was through this collaboration that led to his 1992 film debut in Bob Roberts (1992). Although he was just a background voice in his first film, Jack's appearances in such television shows as "The X Files" (1993), his breakthrough performance in High Fidelity (2000), and his rock-comedy band Tenacious D have created an ever-growing cult following.
- Huge fan of Professional Wrestling.
- Is a member of, what the media refers to as the Frat Pack along with 'Will Ferrell' (qv), 'Ben Stiller' (qv), 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), 'Owen Wilson (I)' (qv), 'Steve Carell' (qv) and 'Luke Wilson (I)' (qv). The Frat Pack name is a reference to the film _Old School (2003)_ (qv), which features Vaughn, Ferrell, and Wilson, due to the wide number of films featuring the seven actors. Black's "Frat Pack" films include _The Cable Guy (1996)_ (qv), _Envy (2004)_ (qv), and _Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)_ (qv).
- Shares a birthday with 'Shania Twain' (qv), 'LeAnn Rimes' (qv) and 'Daniel Stern (I)' (qv).
- He and his wife eloped after dating less than a year. They were married in Big Sur, California by the same minister who performed 'Shane Stanley' (qv) and 'Val Barri' (qv)'s ceremony in 2005.
- Was considered for the role of Freddy Lounds in _Red Dragon (2002)_ (qv).
- Discovered he could act when he played a game of Freeze after a Passover seder.
- Is good friends with 'Tim Robbins (I)' (qv).
- He and his wife, 'Tanya Haden' (qv), became the parents of a boy, Samuel Jason Black, on June 10th, 2006.