Aug. 28th, 1969
Hermosa Beach, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Jack Black was born in Santa Monica, California, and attended the University of California at Los Angeles. While at UCLA, he was a member of Tim Robbins (I)'s acting troupe and it was through this collaboration that led to his 1992 film debut in Bob Roberts (1992). Although he was just a background voice in his first film, Jack's appearances in such television shows as "The X Files" (1993), his breakthrough performance in High Fidelity (2000), and his rock-comedy band Tenacious D have created an ever-growing cult following.
- Appears in a parody of the Council of Elrond scene shown during the MTV movie awards. Lord of the Rings director 'Peter Jackson (I)' (qv) later cast him in _King Kong (2005)_ (qv).
- Mentioned in the song "High School Never Ends" by 'Bowling for Soup' (qv), as "the clown".
- Discovered he could act when he played a game of Freeze after a Passover seder.
- Is a member of, what the media refers to as the Frat Pack along with 'Will Ferrell' (qv), 'Ben Stiller' (qv), 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), 'Owen Wilson (I)' (qv), 'Steve Carell' (qv) and 'Luke Wilson (I)' (qv). The Frat Pack name is a reference to the film _Old School (2003)_ (qv), which features Vaughn, Ferrell, and Wilson, due to the wide number of films featuring the seven actors. Black's "Frat Pack" films include _The Cable Guy (1996)_ (qv), _Envy (2004)_ (qv), and _Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)_ (qv).
- Born on the same day as 'Jason Priestley' (qv).
- Sang backup vocals for the songs in _Bob Roberts (1992)_ (qv).
- Originally met his wife in high school. They both attended Crossroads, a private school. They met again 15 years after they graduated high school at a friend's birthday party.
- Wife, 'Tanya Haden' (qv), is a cellist. She is the daughter of jazz great 'Charlie Haden' (qv).