Aug. 28th, 1969
Hermosa Beach, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Jack Black was born in Santa Monica, California, and attended the University of California at Los Angeles. While at UCLA, he was a member of Tim Robbins (I)'s acting troupe and it was through this collaboration that led to his 1992 film debut in Bob Roberts (1992). Although he was just a background voice in his first film, Jack's appearances in such television shows as "The X Files" (1993), his breakthrough performance in High Fidelity (2000), and his rock-comedy band Tenacious D have created an ever-growing cult following.
- Appears in a parody of the Council of Elrond scene shown during the MTV movie awards. Lord of the Rings director 'Peter Jackson (I)' (qv) later cast him in _King Kong (2005)_ (qv).
- Member of the band 'Tenacious D' (qv).
- Good friends with 'Will Smith (I)' (qv).
- Is good friends with 'Tim Robbins (I)' (qv).
- Despite poking fun at the genre, he is actually a very knowledgeable fan of a lot hard rock/metal music from the 1970s and 1980s. He even appears as part of 'Tenacious D' (qv) in the 'Ronnie James Dio' (qv) video for the song "Push.".
- Filmed a television pilot called _Heat Vision and Jack (1999) (TV)_ (qv) co-starring 'Ron Silver (I)' (qv), and 'Christine Taylor (I)' (qv), and directed by 'Ben Stiller' (qv). The show was a parody of _"Knight Rider" (1982)_ (qv), as well as other action/ adventure shows, and featured a talking motorcycle voiced by 'Owen Wilson (I)' (qv).
- Originally met his wife in high school. They both attended Crossroads, a private school. They met again 15 years after they graduated high school at a friend's birthday party.
- Starred in a management training film "Manager of the Year - Effective Listening (1987)" as a teenager who tells his father that the family car has been stolen.