Aug. 2nd, 1972
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Jacinda Barrett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Although Jacinda Barrett was born in Australia, her all-American good looks and convincing accent have paved the way for numerous acting roles in the USA. Barrett was first introduced to American audiences via MTV's "The Real World" (1992) during its fourth season which was set in London. Tall and slim, with long honey blonde hair and a freckled, fresh-faced appearance that belied her sophisticated poise, Barrett left her home of Brisbane, Queensland at age 17 to pursue a modeling career on an international level. She was named one of People's "The 50 Most Beautiful People in the World" list, and her visibility led to acting work beginning with a role in the horror film Campfire Tales (1997). Since then, Barrett has made guest appearances on various TV shows and has shared the silver screen with some of Hollywood's finest stars including Nicole Kidman, Anthony Hopkins, Robert Patrick (I), Ed Harris (I), Renée Zellweger, Gary Sinise and Hugh Grant (I).
- In _Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000)_ (qv) , her character briefly mentioned the MTV show _"The Real World" (1992)_ (qv). She is a former cast member of the reality show.
- This very tall actress was made to wear only short ballet slippers when acting with 5' 8 1/2" 'Joaquin Phoenix' (qv) in _Ladder 49 (2004)_ (qv) so she would not tower over her co-star.
- Was engaged to 'Chris Hardwick (I)' (qv).
- Dropped her Australian accent for her role in _Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000)_ (qv).
- She and her husband, 'Gabriel Macht' (qv), became the parents of a girl, Satine Anais Geraldine Macht, on August 27, 2007 in Los Angeles.
- Was offered the part of Sarah Moyer in _Halloween: Resurrection (2002)_ (qv), but passed on the job.
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.