Feb. 3rd, 1976
Isla Fisher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Rango
2009 - Confessions of a Shopaholic
2008 - Horton Hears a Who!
2008 - Definitely, Maybe
2007 - Hot Rod
2007 - The Lookout
2005 - Wedding Crashers
2004 - I Heart Huckabees
2002 - Scooby-Doo
2001 - Swimming Pool - Der Tod feiert mit
Guest TV Roles
Born in 1976 to Scottish parents in the Middle Eastern country of Oman, her family moved to Australia in the early 1980s. From a young age Isla showed an interest in both acting and writing. At nine years old she was appearing in Australian TV commercials. She landed some small parts in the Australian TV series "Bay Cove" (1993) (aka "Bay City"). This led to a bigger part in the series "Paradise Beach" (1993). When that show ended she landed a role in the long-running Australian soap opera "Home and Away" (1988). While working on that show she indulged in another of her passions, writing, and published two best-selling novels, "Seduced By Fame" and "Bewitched". In 1997 she was picked by the readers of FHM magazine as #35 on the list of the "100 Sexiest Women in the World", and in 2003 she placed 26th.
- Stepsister of 'Conor Reid' (qv).
- Raised in Australia, currently lives in England.
- Her first name is pronounced Eye-Lah.
- At the age of 18, with the help of her mother, Isla wrote two teen novels, "Bewitched" and "Seduced by Fame". Both novels became bestsellers.
- Her first job was as a lottery ad extra. She was so excited that she hyperventilated for four hours and nearly fainted.
- Her mother is a romance novelist.
- Is a natural redhead but wore a blonde wig for _Scooby-Doo (2002)_ (qv) because 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv) was supposed to be the only redhead in the film.
- Recently converted to 'Sacha Baron Cohen' (qv)'s religion, Judaism, and took the name Ayala, meaning "doe" in Hebrew.