Feb. 3rd, 1976
Isla Fisher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Isla Fisher (born February 3, 1976) to Scottish parents in the Middle Eastern country of Oman, her family moved to Australia in the early 1980s. From a young age Fisher showed an interest in both acting and writing. At nine years old she was appearing in Australian TV commercials. She landed some small parts in the Australian TV series Bay Cove (1993) (aka Bay City). This led to a bigger part in the series Paradise Beach (1993). When that show ended she landed a role in the long-running Australian soap opera Home and Away (1988). While working on that show she indulged in another of her passions, writing, and published two best-selling novels, Seduced By Fame and Bewitched. In 1997 she was picked by the readers of FHM magazine as #35 on the list of the "100 Sexiest Women in the World", and in 2003 she placed 26th.
- Daughter, Olive Cohen, was born 17 October, 2007 with fiancÚ 'Sacha Baron Cohen' (qv).
- Is a natural redhead but wore a blonde wig for _Scooby-Doo (2002)_ (qv) because 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv) was supposed to be the only redhead in the film.
- Her mother is a romance novelist.
- Was once engaged to 'Darren Day (I)' (qv).
- At the age of 18, with the help of her mother, Isla wrote two teen novels, "Bewitched" and "Seduced by Fame". Both novels became bestsellers.
- Friend of 'Naomi Watts' (qv).
- Grew up in Perth, Western Australia.
- Raised in Australia, currently lives in England.