Jun. 18th, 1952
Isabella Rossellini's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Enemy
2008 - Two Lovers
2008 - The Accidental Husband
2006 - The Architect
2006 - Infamous
2005 - A Life in Suitcases
2005 - Heights
2004 - The Tulse Luper Suitcases, Part 2: Vaux to the Sea
2003 - The Tulse Luper Suitcases, Part 1: The Moab Story
2002 - Empire
2002 - Roger Dodger
1998 - The Impostors
1996 - The Funeral
1996 - Big Night
1994 - Wyatt Earp
1994 - Immortal Beloved
1993 - The Pickle
1993 - Fearless
1992 - Death Becomes Her
1990 - Wild at Heart
1989 - Cousins
1988 - Zelly and Me
1987 - Siesta
1986 - Blue Velvet
1985 - White Nights
Guest TV Roles
Prof. Marina Giannini
Herself - Closet Monster
Astrid Weller (Voiced)
Rossellini is the daughter of Swedish actress Ingrid Bergman and Italian director Roberto Rossellini. She has three siblings from her mother: her twin sister Isotta Ingrid Rossellini, who is an adjunct professor of Italian literature; a brother, Robertino Ingmar Rossellini; and a half-sister, Pia Lindström, who formerly worked on television and is from her mother's first marriage with Petter Lindström. She has four other siblings from her father's two other marriages: Romano (died at age nine), Renzo, Gil, and Raffaella.
Rossellini was born in Rome, and raised there, as well as in Santa Marinella and Paris. She underwent an operation for appendicitis at the age of five. At 11, she was diagnosed with scoliosis. In order to correct it, she had to undergo an 18 month ordeal of painful stretchings, body casts, surgery on her spine using pieces of one of her shin bones (used to add supports for the individual vertebrae without risking foreign body rejection issues), and a recovery from that surgery. Consequently, she has permanent incision scars on her back and shin.
At 19, she went to New York, where she attended Finch College, while working as a translator and a RAI television reporter. She also appeared intermittently on L'altra Domenica ("The Other Sunday"), a TV show featuring Roberto Benigni. However, she did not decide to stay full-time in New York until her marriage to Martin Scorsese (1979–1982).
- Aunt of 'Tommaso Rossellini' (qv).
- Maintains a home in the village of Bellport, New York.
- (1995) Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#84).
- In 1983, Time magazine reported Rossellini's modeling salary of a then $9,000 a day.
- (1990) Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world
- Was scheduled to appear in the 'David Lean (I)' (qv)-directed "Nostromo" in 1991, before Lean died, and the production came to a halt.
- Virtually identical to her mother, 'Ingrid Bergman (I)' (qv), but surprisingly was never given the opportunity to portray her mother in a biographical film. The closest she came was with an eerily accurate spoof of Ilsa Lund in an episode of _"Tales from the Crypt" (1989)_ (qv).
- Isabella is daughter of the two legends 'Roberto Rossellini (I)' (qv) and 'Ingrid Bergman (I)' (qv).