Jun. 18th, 1952
Isabella Rossellini's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2016 - Closet Monster
2015 - Joy
2013 - Enemy
2008 - Two Lovers
2008 - The Accidental Husband
2006 - Infamous
2006 - The Architect
2005 - Heights
2005 - A Life in Suitcases
2004 - The Tulse Luper Suitcases, Part 2: Vaux to the Sea
2003 - The Tulse Luper Suitcases, Part 1: The Moab Story
2002 - Roger Dodger
2002 - Empire
1998 - The Impostors
1996 - Big Night
1996 - The Funeral
1994 - Immortal Beloved
1994 - Wyatt Earp
1993 - Fearless
1993 - The Pickle
1992 - Death Becomes Her
1990 - Wild at Heart
1989 - Cousins
1988 - Zelly and Me
1987 - Siesta
1986 - Blue Velvet
1985 - White Nights
Guest TV Roles
Prof. Marina Giannini
Astrid Weller (Voiced)
Rossellini is the daughter of Swedish actress Ingrid Bergman and Italian director Roberto Rossellini. She has three siblings from her mother: her twin sister Isotta Ingrid Rossellini, who is an adjunct professor of Italian literature; a brother, Robertino Ingmar Rossellini; and a half-sister, Pia Lindström, who formerly worked on television and is from her mother's first marriage with Petter Lindström. She has four other siblings from her father's two other marriages: Romano (died at age nine), Renzo, Gil, and Raffaella.
Rossellini was born in Rome, and raised there, as well as in Santa Marinella and Paris. She underwent an operation for appendicitis at the age of five. At 11, she was diagnosed with scoliosis. In order to correct it, she had to undergo an 18 month ordeal of painful stretchings, body casts, surgery on her spine using pieces of one of her shin bones (used to add supports for the individual vertebrae without risking foreign body rejection issues), and a recovery from that surgery. Consequently, she has permanent incision scars on her back and shin.
At 19, she went to New York, where she attended Finch College, while working as a translator and a RAI television reporter. She also appeared intermittently on L'altra Domenica ("The Other Sunday"), a TV show featuring Roberto Benigni. However, she did not decide to stay full-time in New York until her marriage to Martin Scorsese (1979–1982).
- Fluent in Italian, French and English.
- (1990) Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world
- Was engaged to director 'David Lynch (I)' (qv) from 1986 to 1990.
- Her daughter 'Elettra Wiedemann' (qv) is now the spokesmodel for Lacome Cosmetics, the company that "let her go" because of her age after she represented them for many years.
- Dated 'Gary Oldman' (qv) (1994)
- She is the half brother of the late director Gil Rossellini.
- Is a huge fan of Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin.
- Maintains a home in the village of Bellport, New York.