32 (passed away Mar. 28th, 1995)
Apr. 7th, 1962
Hugh O'Connor's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Hugh was born in Rome, Italy, and adopted by actor 'Carroll O'Connor' and his wife, Nancy. At the age of 16, Hugh was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease, but conquered it with the help of chemotherapy. It was around this time that Hugh started taking drugs. He worked as a courier on the set of his father's show, "Archie Bunker's Place" (1979) during it's last season. In 1988, he appeared in another show starring his father, "In the Heat of the Night" (1988). His character, Lonnie Jamison, started as a background character, but Hugh soon became one of the show's stars, continuing to work on the show until its 1995 cancellation. (Jamison started out as a patrolman, but by the end of the series, had reached the rank of lieutenant and acting-chief of detectives). On 28 March 1992, Hugh married 'Angela O'Connor', a wardrobe assistant on "Heat", and the following year, she gave birth to their son, 'Sean Carroll O'Connor'. Throughout his life, the drug problems had continued and increased. On 28 March 1995, exactly three years after his marriage to Angela, Hugh committed suicide in their Pacific Palisades, CA, home, shooting himself in the head.
- At age 16, he was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. He survived the cancer with chemotherapy and two surgeries, but became addicted to drugs. He had been taking prescription drugs for the pain and marijuana for nausea. He quickly became addicted to harder drugs. Despite numerous stays at rehabilitation clinics, he never conquered his addiction.
- He has a son named 'Sean Carroll O'Connor'
- His father is 'Carroll O'Connor' (qv).
- He had Hodgkin's Disease at age 15, but recovered after treatments
- Died on the day of his third wedding anniversary
- He was named after 'Carroll O'Connor' (qv)'s brother, who died in a motorcycle accident in 1961.
Related sites for this celeb