Jan. 12th, 1954
Jackson Heights, Queens, New York City, New York, USA
Howard Stern's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Howard Allan Stern was born on Jan. 12, 1954, in Jackson Heights, New York. His first radio experience was at Boston University, where he volunteered at the college radio station. Along with several other students, he created an on-air show called the King Schmaltz Bagel Hour, a takeoff on the popular King Biscuit Flour Hour. Predicting his penchant for controversy, the show was canceled after its first broadcast, which included the comedy sketch "Name That Sin," a game show where contestants confessed their worst sins. Stern graduated in 1976 with a 3.8 grade-point average and a bachelor's degree in communications. During his first paying radio gig, at an understaffed 3,000-watt station in Briarcliff Manor, New York, "It dawned on me that I would never make it as a straight deejay," Stern told James S. Kunen in an interview for People (10/22/84), "so I started to mess around. It was unheard-of to mix talking on the phone with playing music. It was outrageous, It was blasphemy."
- Practices transcendental meditation.
- Used to suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- (February 2002) Stated on his radio show that since his divorce, the word "marriage" has left his vocabulary for good. While he is deeply in love with actress 'Beth Ostrosky' (qv), they have no plans to even live together. His three daughters are the only people he says he's willing to live with at this point.
- Recognized along with retired New York Jet great 'Wayne Chrebet' (qv) and The Good Rats for "Reasons to love Long Island" in 2007 by Strong Island Magazine.
- His book "Miss America" was originally titled "Getting Away With Murder" and had a photo of him and 'O.J. Simpson' (qv) together at 'Donald Trump' (qv)'s wedding on the cover.
- Adopted a bulldog, which he named Bianca Romijn-Stamos-O'Connell (b. March 17, 2002). He also has a dog named Java, that lives with his ex-wife, Alison Simon.
- His 5-year, $100 million annual deal equates to about $1,923,077 a week and roughly $274,725 a day. He is the highest-paid radio personality in America.
- Graduated from South Side High School in Rockville Centre, NY.