May. 11th, 1983
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Holly Valance's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Luster
2009 - Kambakkht Ishq
2008 - Taken
2006 - DOA: Dead or Alive
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Contestant
Holly Rachel Valance was born on 11th May 1983 in Melbourne, to parents Rachel and Ryko. Holly's mother is from Southampton, England and her father hails from Yugoslavia. Both her parents were fashion models and her father is a pianist and guitarist. Her parents live in Melbourne with Holly's two younger sisters, Coco Melody, and Olympia Montana. Holly has a home in the lively Melbourne suburb of Brighton, but is currently living in London, England. In her early teens, Holly did modelling for catwalk shows, commericals, editorial and catalogues. After leaving school, she started a three year contract on the popular Australian soap "Neighbours" (1985), and her popularity soared as feisty Felicity Scully. She left "Neighbours" (1985) in August 2002 to further pursue her pop career, that awarded her with a #1 hit with her debut single in the UK and Australia - "Kiss Kiss" in May 2002. Not only has Holly been a talented singer since her childhood days, but she's proved to be a acomplished dancer, and has even penned some tracks on her album - Footprints. When Holly isn't busy, she likes to swim, go for walks and even watch kickboxing after previously practising Muay Tai. Holly enjoys visits to clubs, bars and restaurants, but confesses that she much prefers a quiet night in with one of her favourite meals - antipasto, Greek and Lebanese food, or rocket and parmesan salad.
- Hobbies include watching films (especially films with British actors), kickboxing, cars and swimming.
- Her third single 'Naughty Girl' (from her debut album 'Footprints') debuted and peaked on the Official Australian (ARIA) Singles Chart at #3 (2003) and on the Official UK Singles Chart at #17 (2002).
- Favourite food is Burgers, Maggi noodles and french fries. Her favourite treats are cakes.
- Her fourth single 'State Of Mind' (the first from her sophomore album 'State Of Mind') debuted and peaked on the Official UK Singles Chart at #8, and on the Official Australian (ARIA) Singles Chart at #14 (2003).
- Her debut single "Kiss Kiss" went straight to number 1 in the U.K. and Australian charts beating out fellow Aussie 'Kylie Minogue' (qv).
- Her second single 'Down Boy' (from her debut album 'Footprints') debuted and peaked on the Official UK Singles Chart at #2, also debuting on the Official Australian (ARIA) Singles Chart at #4 and peaking at #3 (2002).
- Is related to the late British comedian 'Benny Hill' (qv); Hill's cousin was her grandfather.
- Considered attaching herself to the UK set sports-day comedy screenplay Running Out Of Time by 'Robin Morningstar' but ultimately decided to pass on the idea to pursue USA based work.