Sep. 28th, 1987
Houston, Texas, USA
Hilary Duff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Hilary Erhard Duff (born September 28, 1987), in Houston, Texas, to Bob and 'Susan Duff'. When Duff was six, she had been traveling in the Cechetti Ballet with her sister 'Haylie Duff' but decided she wanted to fulfill her dream of acting. Her first part was in the mini-series True Women (1997), but her first starring role was as "Ellie" in The Soul Collector (1999), for which she won a Best Performance in a TV Movie or Pilot (Supporting Young Actress) Young Artist Award.
Duff also starred in Casper Meets Wendy (1998) in 1998, in which she played the young witch "Wendy". Success came again as she took the role of the starring title character "Lizzie McGuire" in the #1 hit Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire (2001). "Lizzie" was extremely successful and spawned The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003). In 2002, she made the Disney Channel movie Cadet Kelly (2002). Duff continues her upward spiral, guest-starring on TV shows, filming movies, recording albums and doing television concerts.
- Her favorite episode of her hit show _"Lizzie McGuire" (2001)_ (qv) is First Kiss where her character Lizzie falls in love with the paperboy and shares a kiss with him.
- She enjoys gymnastics, swimming, reading, singing, writing, and hanging out with older sister, 'Haylie Duff' (qv).
- Was ranked #7 on Forbes List of The 20 Top-Earning Young Superstars.(2007).
- Considered for the part of Lola in _Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004)_ (qv) but that part eventually went to 'Lindsay Lohan' (qv).
- Helped raise $23,000 at the 2004 celebrity auction for Breast Cancer Research.
- Older sister actress 'Haylie Duff' (qv) is in music group Inventing Venus.
- Visited Kitchener, Ontario, Canada in February 2005 to perform in a Tsunami relief fund raiser.
- Ex-boyfriend 'Joel Madden (II)' (qv) is the lead singer for 'Good Charlotte' (qv).