Sep. 28th, 1987
Houston, Texas, USA
Hilary Duff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - What Goes Up
2009 - Stay Cool
2008 - War, Inc.
2006 - Material Girls
2005 - The Perfect Man
2005 - Cheaper by the Dozen 2
2004 - Raise Your Voice
2004 - A Cinderella Story
2003 - The Lizzie McGuire Movie
2003 - Cheaper by the Dozen
2003 - Agent Cody Banks
2001 - Human Nature
1998 - Playing by Heart
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest Judge
Herself - Guest Performer
Hilary Erhard Duff was born on September 28th, 1987, in Houston, Texas, to Bob and Susan Duff (I). When Hilary was six, she had been traveling in the Cechetti Ballet with her sister Haylie Duff but decided she wanted to fulfill her dream of acting. Her first part was in the mini-series True Women (1997) (TV), but her first starring role was as "Ellie" in The Soul Collector (1999) (TV), for which she won a Best Performance in a TV Movie or Pilot (Supporting Young Actress) Young Artist Award. Hilary also starred in Casper Meets Wendy (1998) (TV) in 1998, in which she played the young witch "Wendy". Success came again as she took the role of the starring title character "Lizzie McGuire" in the #1 hit Disney Channel series "Lizzie McGuire" (2001). "Lizzie" was extremely successful and spawned The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003). In 2002, she made the Disney Channel movie Cadet Kelly (2002) (TV). Hilary continues her upward spiral, guest-starring on TV shows, filming movies, recording albums and doing television concerts.
- Visited Kitchener, Ontario, Canada in February 2005 to perform in a Tsunami relief fund raiser.
- One of Teen People 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 .
- Was voted the Biggest Breakthough of 2003 at VH1's Big in 2003 award show.
- Named #58 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Performed at President 'George Bush (I)' (qv)'s youth inaugural concert .
- Has been working for the charity Kids With a Cause (which helps children stricken by poverty, hunger, sickness, a lack of education, abandonment, neglect and/or abuse) since it was founded in September 1999, and is the 2004 Official International Spokesperson for the non-profit organization.
- First magazine cover was the April 2002 issue of Popstar! Magazine.
- Her father, Bob Duff, owns a chain of convenience stores.