Sep. 28th, 1987
Houston, Texas, USA
Hilary Duff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Hilary Erhard Duff (born September 28, 1987), in Houston, Texas, to Bob and 'Susan Duff'. When Duff was six, she had been traveling in the Cechetti Ballet with her sister 'Haylie Duff' but decided she wanted to fulfill her dream of acting. Her first part was in the mini-series True Women (1997), but her first starring role was as "Ellie" in The Soul Collector (1999), for which she won a Best Performance in a TV Movie or Pilot (Supporting Young Actress) Young Artist Award.
Duff also starred in Casper Meets Wendy (1998) in 1998, in which she played the young witch "Wendy". Success came again as she took the role of the starring title character "Lizzie McGuire" in the #1 hit Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire (2001). "Lizzie" was extremely successful and spawned The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003). In 2002, she made the Disney Channel movie Cadet Kelly (2002). Duff continues her upward spiral, guest-starring on TV shows, filming movies, recording albums and doing television concerts.
- Older sister actress 'Haylie Duff' (qv) is in music group Inventing Venus.
- Her favorite film is _Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997)_ (qv).
- Ranked #23 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Likes all types of music but dislikes techno music.
- Was voted the Biggest Breakthough of 2003 at VH1's Big in 2003 award show.
- Performed at President 'George Bush (I)' (qv)'s youth inaugural concert .
- The Sims is her favorite computer game.
- Accepted the lead role in _A Cinderella Story (2004)_ (qv) because 'Charles Perrault' (qv)'s story "Cinderella" was her favorite fairy tale when she was growing up.