Sep. 28th, 1987
Houston, Texas, USA
Hilary Duff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Hilary Erhard Duff (born September 28, 1987), in Houston, Texas, to Bob and 'Susan Duff'. When Duff was six, she had been traveling in the Cechetti Ballet with her sister 'Haylie Duff' but decided she wanted to fulfill her dream of acting. Her first part was in the mini-series True Women (1997), but her first starring role was as "Ellie" in The Soul Collector (1999), for which she won a Best Performance in a TV Movie or Pilot (Supporting Young Actress) Young Artist Award.
Duff also starred in Casper Meets Wendy (1998) in 1998, in which she played the young witch "Wendy". Success came again as she took the role of the starring title character "Lizzie McGuire" in the #1 hit Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire (2001). "Lizzie" was extremely successful and spawned The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003). In 2002, she made the Disney Channel movie Cadet Kelly (2002). Duff continues her upward spiral, guest-starring on TV shows, filming movies, recording albums and doing television concerts.
- Her song "Wake Up" hit Disney Radio before making it to national airwaves.
- Ranked #23 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Accepted the lead role in _A Cinderella Story (2004)_ (qv) because 'Charles Perrault' (qv)'s story "Cinderella" was her favorite fairy tale when she was growing up.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $12 million.
- Shot the music video to her song "So Yesterday" on Venice Beach in Marina Del Rey, California.
- Is recording tracks with the help of boyfriend 'Joel Madden (II)' (qv) and his brother 'Benji Madden' (qv) for her newest album due in summer 2005.
- Of German descent: three of her great-great-grandparents hailed from Germany.
- Was considered for the role of "Tibby" in _The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)_ (qv). The role went to 'Amber Tamblyn' (qv).