Sep. 28th, 1987
Houston, Texas, USA
Hilary Duff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Hilary Erhard Duff (born September 28, 1987), in Houston, Texas, to Bob and 'Susan Duff'. When Duff was six, she had been traveling in the Cechetti Ballet with her sister 'Haylie Duff' but decided she wanted to fulfill her dream of acting. Her first part was in the mini-series True Women (1997), but her first starring role was as "Ellie" in The Soul Collector (1999), for which she won a Best Performance in a TV Movie or Pilot (Supporting Young Actress) Young Artist Award.
Duff also starred in Casper Meets Wendy (1998) in 1998, in which she played the young witch "Wendy". Success came again as she took the role of the starring title character "Lizzie McGuire" in the #1 hit Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire (2001). "Lizzie" was extremely successful and spawned The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003). In 2002, she made the Disney Channel movie Cadet Kelly (2002). Duff continues her upward spiral, guest-starring on TV shows, filming movies, recording albums and doing television concerts.
- Plans on starting a design for dogs called Little Dog Duff named after her late dog of the same name.
- Was mentioned in Eminem's song Ass Like That
- Accepted the lead role in _A Cinderella Story (2004)_ (qv) because 'Charles Perrault' (qv)'s story "Cinderella" was her favorite fairy tale when she was growing up.
- She made the Forbes list of richest young stars under 25, she made $15 million for the year of 2005. She beat out rival stars like 'Lindsay Lohan' (qv) and 'Amanda Bynes' (qv).
- She has 3 hit albums, and a fourth, called Dignity, is coming out in 2007.
- Currently has a net worth of approximately $25 million dollars from her Stuff By Duff Line, albums, tours, and movies, etc.
- Ranked #25 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Was voted the Biggest Breakthough of 2003 at VH1's Big in 2003 award show.