Sep. 28th, 1987
Houston, Texas, USA
Hilary Duff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - What Goes Up
2009 - Stay Cool
2008 - War, Inc.
2006 - Material Girls
2005 - The Perfect Man
2005 - Cheaper by the Dozen 2
2004 - Raise Your Voice
2004 - A Cinderella Story
2003 - The Lizzie McGuire Movie
2003 - Cheaper by the Dozen
2003 - Agent Cody Banks
2001 - Human Nature
1998 - Playing by Heart
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest Judge
Herself - Guest Performer
Hilary Erhard Duff (born September 28, 1987), in Houston, Texas, to Bob and 'Susan Duff'. When Duff was six, she had been traveling in the Cechetti Ballet with her sister 'Haylie Duff' but decided she wanted to fulfill her dream of acting. Her first part was in the mini-series True Women (1997), but her first starring role was as "Ellie" in The Soul Collector (1999), for which she won a Best Performance in a TV Movie or Pilot (Supporting Young Actress) Young Artist Award.
Duff also starred in Casper Meets Wendy (1998) in 1998, in which she played the young witch "Wendy". Success came again as she took the role of the starring title character "Lizzie McGuire" in the #1 hit Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire (2001). "Lizzie" was extremely successful and spawned The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003). In 2002, she made the Disney Channel movie Cadet Kelly (2002). Duff continues her upward spiral, guest-starring on TV shows, filming movies, recording albums and doing television concerts.
- Has been homeschooled since the age of 10. Along with her sister, currently taking two online correspondence courses via the Harvard Extension School.
- Older sister actress 'Haylie Duff' (qv) is in music group Inventing Venus.
- Was voted the 19th Greatest Teen Idol of all time by VH1 in 2003. She also hosted the special.
- She was rated the #1 Hottest Teen Female Star for 2003 based on her acting, singing, public appearances, and charity work.
- Of German descent: three of her great-great-grandparents hailed from Germany.
- One of Teen People 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 .
- Her clothing brand "stuff by duff" was also sold by Zellers. Zellers heavily advertised the clothing line on television in the summer of 2004.
- Voted #8 in FHM 100 Sexiest 2008.