Sep. 28th, 1987
Houston, Texas, USA
Hilary Duff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Hilary Erhard Duff (born September 28, 1987), in Houston, Texas, to Bob and 'Susan Duff'. When Duff was six, she had been traveling in the Cechetti Ballet with her sister 'Haylie Duff' but decided she wanted to fulfill her dream of acting. Her first part was in the mini-series True Women (1997), but her first starring role was as "Ellie" in The Soul Collector (1999), for which she won a Best Performance in a TV Movie or Pilot (Supporting Young Actress) Young Artist Award.
Duff also starred in Casper Meets Wendy (1998) in 1998, in which she played the young witch "Wendy". Success came again as she took the role of the starring title character "Lizzie McGuire" in the #1 hit Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire (2001). "Lizzie" was extremely successful and spawned The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003). In 2002, she made the Disney Channel movie Cadet Kelly (2002). Duff continues her upward spiral, guest-starring on TV shows, filming movies, recording albums and doing television concerts.
- Ranked #72 on the Forbes Power 100 for 2007.
- Has her own clothing line "Stuff by Hilary Duff" at Target stores which made $5 million in its first year in stores.
- Her mom is a music producer.
- Voted #8 in FHM 100 Sexiest 2008.
- Ex-boyfriend 'Joel Madden (II)' (qv) is the lead singer for 'Good Charlotte' (qv).
- For her 17th birthday, her sister arranged a trip to Mexico for her and two friends.
- Considered for the part of Lola in _Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004)_ (qv) but that part eventually went to 'Lindsay Lohan' (qv).
- Has appeared on _"Hollywood Squares" (1998)_ (qv) twice, once with big sister, 'Haylie Duff' (qv).