Jul. 1st, 1982
Sterling, Virginia, USA
Hilarie Burton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Secret Life Of Bees
2007 - Normal Adolescent Behavior
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Lauren Boswell
Herself - Host
Hilarie was born and raised in Sterling Park, Virginia. She is the oldest of four children and describes her family as tight-knit. Hilarie developed a passion for acting early in life. Shortly after moving to New York to go to school and pursuing her acting dream, she landed the coveted job of VJ at MTV. She won a guest spot interviewing on the red carpet for MTV and did so well she ended up with a job.
- Her favorite book is "Dandelion Wine" by Ray Bradbury.
- Once having gotten her role on One Tree Hill in North Carolina, she worked Monday through Thursday, and then returned every Friday back to New York to work on MTV.
- Attended Fordham University at Lincoln Center.
- Her favorite TV show is Freaks and Geeks (Hilarie travels with the DVD boxed set).
- She is the oldest of four children. She has three younger brothers-Billy, Johnny, and Conrad - whom she nicknamed Billy Awesome, Jonny Kickass, and C-Rock.
- Her _"One Tree Hill" (2003)_ (qv) character Peyton, works with her mother Ellie ('Sheryl Lee' (qv)), who battles breast cancer, on a compilation CD called "Friends with Benefit" to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation. That CD was actually released as a tie-in album, with a portion of its proceeds going directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation to assist in their efforts to promote early detection awareness among young women.
- Was not allowed to watch MTV growing up.
- Her dad, Bill, is an antique collector and her mom, Lisa, is a real estate agent.