May. 5th, 1983
Jersey, Channel Islands
Henry Cavill's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Immortals
2009 - Whatever Works
2007 - Stardust
2004 - Red Riding Hood
2003 - I Capture the Castle
2002 - The Count of Monte Cristo
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Henry Cavill grew up in Jersey, Channel Islands. Jersey is his home but he is currently, in his own words, "floating around the world." He has four brothers and a pet parrot.
Henry Cavill was a main actor the boarding school he attended. The boarding school, Stowe School, is located in Buckingham. His roles include Oberon in a rendition of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream", and Sonny in "Grease". He also starred as Hamlet in "40 Minutes", which he also happens to have directed. Henry Cavill starred in Dennis Berry's Laguna opposite Joe Mantegna. He enjoyed working in Laguna more than all his other movies because he played the lead and therefore developed a close relationship with the director.
Since then he has appeared in a couple of well-known movies such as The Count of Monte Cristo and I Capture the Castle. He also has a number of lesser-known movies, and television movies. He delivered a captivating performance as Chas Quilter in Inspector Lynley's Mysteries: Well-Schooled in Murder.
He has worked with the actor Bill Nighy twice, once in I Capture the Castle and also Well-Schooled in Murder. He has worked with the young actor Joe Sowerbutts three times, also in 'Capture', 'Well-Schooled' and briefly in Goodbye, Mr. Chips.
Although this actor has many fans, there is very little information known about him.
- Grew up in Jersey in Great Britain, a small island between England and France.
- Never leaves home without money, credit cards and his passport.
- His dream role is to play Alexander the Great
- Was Stephenie Meyer's first choice to play Edward in the adaptation of "Twilight," but by the time the film came to be, he was 25-years old, and no longer looked the part of a 17-year old.
- Auditioned for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman Begins (2005).
- Went to boarding school.
- His favorite item of clothing is a brown leather jacket, an item he says he could not live without.
- Says if he hadn't picked up acting he would have joined the forces to fulfil his "patriotic pride".