Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Her great-great-great-great-grandfather was field-marshal Kamensky, one of the Russian heroes of the Napoleonic wars.
- Is one of six actresses to have won the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Golden Globe Award and SAG Award. The others in chronological order are 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) for _Erin Brockovich (2000)_ (qv), 'Renée Zellweger' (qv) for _Cold Mountain (2003)_ (qv), 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv) for _Walk the Line (2005)_ (qv), 'Jennifer Hudson (I)' (qv) for _Dreamgirls (2006)_ (qv) and 'Kate Winslet' (qv) for _The Reader (2008)_ (qv).
- Has a tattoo of a star on her left hand, acquired at a Native American reservation in Minnesota.
- Nominated for the 2002 Tony Award (New York City) for Actress in a Drama for "Dance of Death".
- She is the only actress to play both Queen Elizabeth I (in _"Elizabeth I" (2005)_ (qv)) and 'Queen Elizabeth II' (qv) (_The Queen (2006)_ (qv)).
- (2007) Won Film Achievement, Greatest Britons.
- According to an article in People Weekly (November 3, 1980) her tattoo is an American Indian symbol meaning "equal but opposite".
- She owns houses in Los Angeles, London, and the south of France.