Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Despite her Russian birth name and ancestry, she is not fluent in Russian.
- She is the only actress to play both Queen Elizabeth I (in _"Elizabeth I" (2005)_ (qv)) and 'Queen Elizabeth II' (qv) (_The Queen (2006)_ (qv)).
- (2002) Nominated for Best Actress, Tony Award for "Dance of Death" by 'August Strindberg' (qv).
- According to an article in People Weekly (November 3, 1980) her tattoo is an American Indian symbol meaning "equal but opposite".
- Has a tattoo of a star on her left hand, acquired at a Native American reservation in Minnesota.
- Her grandfather Piotr Vasilievich Mironoff was a Tsarist (White Russian) aristocrat who was in London negotiating an arms deal for the World War I when the 1917 Russian Revolution stranded him there. His wife and son (Helen's father) joined him in London.
- Measurements: 36C-25-36 (starlet days), 38C-26-37 (on _Prime Suspect (1991) (TV)_ (qv) - 1996), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- (2001) Nominated for Best Actress, 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award for her performance of "Orpheus Descending" at the Donmar Warehouse.