Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Played a Queen a total of six times: _The Queen (2006)_ (qv), _"Elizabeth I" (2005)_ (qv), _The Prince of Egypt (1998)_ (qv), _The Snow Queen (1995)_ (qv), _The Madness of King George (1994)_ (qv), and _Caligola (1979)_ (qv).
- According to an article in People Weekly (November 3, 1980) her tattoo is an American Indian symbol meaning "equal but opposite".
- Met husband-to-be 'Taylor Hackford' (qv) when he directed her in _White Nights (1985)_ (qv). When the couple married in the Scottish Highlands, Hackford was dressed in a traditional Scottish tartan kilt.
- She and her husband 'Taylor Hackford' (qv) are both Oscar-winners.
- Was voted 2nd in Entertainment Weekly's Entertainers of the Year in December 2006.
- Her great-great-great-great-grandfather was field-marshal Kamensky, one of the Russian heroes of the Napoleonic wars.
- She won an Oscar for playing Queen Elizabeth II in _The Queen (2006)_ (qv), making her the most recent of eleven actors to win the Award for playing a real person who was still alive at the evening of the Award ceremony (as of 2007). The other ten actors and their respective performances are: 'Spencer Tracy' (qv) for playing Father Edward Flanagan in _Boys Town (1938)_ (qv), 'Gary Cooper (I)' (qv) for playing Alvin C. York in _Sergeant York (1941)_ (qv), 'Patty Duke' (qv) for playing Helen Keller in _The Miracle Worker (1962)_ (qv), 'Jason Robards' (qv) for playing Benjamin Bradlee in _All the President's Men (1976)_ (qv), 'Robert De Niro' (qv) for playing Jake La Motta in _Raging Bull (1980)_ (qv), 'Sissy Spacek' (qv) for playing Loretta Lynn in _Coal Miner's Daughter (1980)_ (qv), 'Susan Sarandon' (qv) for playing Sister Helen Prejean in _Dead Man Walking (1995)_ (qv), 'Geoffrey Rush' (qv) for playing David Helfgott in _Shine (1996)_ (qv), 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) for playing Erin Brockovich in _Erin Brockovich (2000)_ (qv) and 'Jim Broadbent' (qv) for playing John Bayley in _Iris (2001/I)_ (qv).
- Despite her Russian birth name and ancestry, she is not fluent in Russian.