Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Love Ranch
2010 - Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
2009 - State of Play
2008 - Inkheart
2007 - National Treasure: Book of Secrets
2006 - The Queen
2005 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
2004 - Raising Helen
2004 - The Clearing
2003 - Calendar Girls
2001 - Last Orders
2001 - The Pledge
2001 - No Such Thing
2001 - Gosford Park
2001 - Greenfingers
1999 - Teaching Mrs. Tingle
1998 - The Prince of Egypt
1994 - The Madness of King George
1990 - The Comfort of Strangers
1986 - The Mosquito Coast
1985 - White Nights
1984 - Cal
1984 - 2010: The Year We Make Contact
1981 - Excalibur
1980 - The Long Good Friday
1980 - The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu
1973 - O Lucky Man!
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Actress (segment "The Dame")
Becky's Inner Voice (Voiced)
Betty Duncan (segment "Dead Woman's Shoes")
- She was awarded the Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2003 Queen's Birthday Honours List for her services to drama.
- (2007) She dedicated her BAFTA win for _The Queen (2006)_ (qv) (for Best Actress in a Leading Role) to 'Ian Richardson (I)' (qv) for playing a huge part in her success story. She said (in her acceptance speech) that Richardson was very supportive towards her when she started out acting, and without him she may not have been so successful. She dedicated this award two days after Richardson died.
- She won an Oscar for playing Queen Elizabeth II in _The Queen (2006)_ (qv), making her the most recent of eleven actors to win the Award for playing a real person who was still alive at the evening of the Award ceremony (as of 2007). The other ten actors and their respective performances are: 'Spencer Tracy' (qv) for playing Father Edward Flanagan in _Boys Town (1938)_ (qv), 'Gary Cooper (I)' (qv) for playing Alvin C. York in _Sergeant York (1941)_ (qv), 'Patty Duke' (qv) for playing Helen Keller in _The Miracle Worker (1962)_ (qv), 'Jason Robards' (qv) for playing Benjamin Bradlee in _All the President's Men (1976)_ (qv), 'Robert De Niro' (qv) for playing Jake La Motta in _Raging Bull (1980)_ (qv), 'Sissy Spacek' (qv) for playing Loretta Lynn in _Coal Miner's Daughter (1980)_ (qv), 'Susan Sarandon' (qv) for playing Sister Helen Prejean in _Dead Man Walking (1995)_ (qv), 'Geoffrey Rush' (qv) for playing David Helfgott in _Shine (1996)_ (qv), 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) for playing Erin Brockovich in _Erin Brockovich (2000)_ (qv) and 'Jim Broadbent' (qv) for playing John Bayley in _Iris (2001/I)_ (qv).
- (2001) Nominated for Best Actress, 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award for her performance of "Orpheus Descending" at the Donmar Warehouse.
- According to the April 2007 issue of Architectural Digest, She and her husband have sold their estate in New Orleans, which still remains her favorite American city.
- Sister of Peter Basil Mironoff and Katherine Mironoff.
- She owns houses in Los Angeles, London, and the south of France.
- She allegedly refused the C.B.E. (Commander of Order of the British Empire) in 1996.