Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has a tattoo of a star on her left hand, acquired at a Native American reservation in Minnesota.
- Became the third person, after 'Sigourney Weaver' (qv) and 'Joan Plowright' (qv), to win two Golden Globes for acting in the same year. The characters she played were both Queens of England, Queen Elizabeth I and 'Queen Elizabeth II' (qv).
- (2001) Nominated for Best Actress, 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award for her performance of "Orpheus Descending" at the Donmar Warehouse.
- (2002) Nominated for Best Actress, Tony Award for "Dance of Death" by 'August Strindberg' (qv).
- She was awarded the Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2003 Queen's Birthday Honours List for her services to drama.
- According to the April 2007 issue of Architectural Digest, She and her husband have sold their estate in New Orleans, which still remains her favorite American city.
- She is the only actress to play both Queen Elizabeth I (in _"Elizabeth I" (2005)_ (qv)) and 'Queen Elizabeth II' (qv) (_The Queen (2006)_ (qv)).
- Stepmother of 'Rio Hackford' (qv) and Alexander Hackford.