Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- 'John Boorman' (qv) said he cast her opposite 'Nicol Williamson' (qv) in _Excalibur (1981)_ (qv), against both of their protests, because he felt their dislike of each other made them perfect as rivals Morgana and Merlin.
- Became an Associate Member of RADA.
- (2007) She dedicated her BAFTA win for _The Queen (2006)_ (qv) (for Best Actress in a Leading Role) to 'Ian Richardson (I)' (qv) for playing a huge part in her success story. She said (in her acceptance speech) that Richardson was very supportive towards her when she started out acting, and without him she may not have been so successful. She dedicated this award two days after Richardson died.
- Was voted 2nd in Entertainment Weekly's Entertainers of the Year in December 2006.
- Used to work in Southend on Sea; Essex; UK at an amusement park "The Kursaal" as a "blagger" to attract customers on to rides.
- (2002) Nominated for Best Actress, Tony Award for "Dance of Death" by 'August Strindberg' (qv).
- She is the only actress to play both Queen Elizabeth I (in _"Elizabeth I" (2005)_ (qv)) and 'Queen Elizabeth II' (qv) (_The Queen (2006)_ (qv)).
- She allegedly refused the C.B.E. (Commander of Order of the British Empire) in 1996.