Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Love Ranch
2010 - Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
2009 - State of Play
2008 - Inkheart
2007 - National Treasure: Book of Secrets
2006 - The Queen
2005 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
2004 - Raising Helen
2004 - The Clearing
2003 - Calendar Girls
2001 - Last Orders
2001 - The Pledge
2001 - No Such Thing
2001 - Gosford Park
2001 - Greenfingers
1999 - Teaching Mrs. Tingle
1998 - The Prince of Egypt
1994 - The Madness of King George
1990 - The Comfort of Strangers
1986 - The Mosquito Coast
1985 - White Nights
1984 - Cal
1984 - 2010: The Year We Make Contact
1981 - Excalibur
1980 - The Long Good Friday
1980 - The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu
1973 - O Lucky Man!
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Actress (segment "The Dame")
Becky's Inner Voice (Voiced)
Betty Duncan (segment "Dead Woman's Shoes")
[no bio found]
- She and her husband 'Taylor Hackford' (qv) are both Oscar-winners.
- (1995) Nominated for Best Actress, Tony Award for "A Month in the Country" by 'Ivan Turgenev' (qv).
- (2007) Won Film Achievement, Greatest Britons.
- She allegedly refused the C.B.E. (Commander of Order of the British Empire) in 1996.
- Played a Queen a total of six times: _The Queen (2006)_ (qv), _"Elizabeth I" (2005)_ (qv), _The Prince of Egypt (1998)_ (qv), _The Snow Queen (1995)_ (qv), _The Madness of King George (1994)_ (qv), and _Caligola (1979)_ (qv).
- According to an article in People Weekly (November 3, 1980) her tattoo is an American Indian symbol meaning "equal but opposite".
- Is one of six actresses to have won the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Golden Globe Award and SAG Award. The others in chronological order are 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) for _Erin Brockovich (2000)_ (qv), 'Renée Zellweger' (qv) for _Cold Mountain (2003)_ (qv), 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv) for _Walk the Line (2005)_ (qv), 'Jennifer Hudson (I)' (qv) for _Dreamgirls (2006)_ (qv) and 'Kate Winslet' (qv) for _The Reader (2008)_ (qv).
- Used to work in Southend on Sea; Essex; UK at an amusement park "The Kursaal" as a "blagger" to attract customers on to rides.