Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- She is the only actress to play both Queen Elizabeth I (in _"Elizabeth I" (2005)_ (qv)) and 'Queen Elizabeth II' (qv) (_The Queen (2006)_ (qv)).
- Became an Associate Member of RADA.
- Was voted 2nd in Entertainment Weekly's Entertainers of the Year in December 2006.
- Is one of six actresses to have won the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Golden Globe Award and SAG Award. The others in chronological order are 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) for _Erin Brockovich (2000)_ (qv), 'Renée Zellweger' (qv) for _Cold Mountain (2003)_ (qv), 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv) for _Walk the Line (2005)_ (qv), 'Jennifer Hudson (I)' (qv) for _Dreamgirls (2006)_ (qv) and 'Kate Winslet' (qv) for _The Reader (2008)_ (qv).
- According to an article in People Weekly (November 3, 1980) her tattoo is an American Indian symbol meaning "equal but opposite".
- Met husband-to-be 'Taylor Hackford' (qv) when he directed her in _White Nights (1985)_ (qv). When the couple married in the Scottish Highlands, Hackford was dressed in a traditional Scottish tartan kilt.
- Before marrying director 'Taylor Hackford' (qv) in 1997, she had lived with him in Los Angeles since 1986.
- Stepmother of 'Rio Hackford' (qv) and Alexander Hackford.