Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has a tattoo of a star on her left hand, acquired at a Native American reservation in Minnesota.
- According to the April 2007 issue of Architectural Digest, She and her husband have sold their estate in New Orleans, which still remains her favorite American city.
- She was awarded the Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2003 Queen's Birthday Honours List for her services to drama.
- She allegedly refused the C.B.E. (Commander of Order of the British Empire) in 1996.
- Won 29 major awards for her portrayal of 'Queen Elizabeth II' (qv) in _The Queen (2006)_ (qv), including all the awards that are considered the biggest (except Cannes). She was also nominated for 3 more awards for the same film.
- Met husband-to-be 'Taylor Hackford' (qv) when he directed her in _White Nights (1985)_ (qv). When the couple married in the Scottish Highlands, Hackford was dressed in a traditional Scottish tartan kilt.
- Before marrying director 'Taylor Hackford' (qv) in 1997, she had lived with him in Los Angeles since 1986.
- Her great-great-great-great-grandfather was field-marshal Kamensky, one of the Russian heroes of the Napoleonic wars.