Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Hundred-Foot Journey
2010 - Love Ranch
2010 - Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
2009 - State of Play
2008 - Inkheart
2007 - National Treasure: Book of Secrets
2006 - The Queen
2005 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
2004 - The Clearing
2004 - Raising Helen
2003 - Calendar Girls
2001 - The Pledge
2001 - Gosford Park
2001 - Last Orders
2001 - No Such Thing
2001 - Greenfingers
1999 - Teaching Mrs. Tingle
1998 - The Prince of Egypt
1994 - The Madness of King George
1990 - The Comfort of Strangers
1986 - The Mosquito Coast
1985 - White Nights
1984 - 2010: The Year We Make Contact
1984 - Cal
1981 - Excalibur
1980 - The Long Good Friday
1980 - The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu
1973 - O Lucky Man!
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Actress (segment "The Dame")
Becky's Inner Voice (Voiced)
Betty Duncan (segment "Dead Woman's Shoes")
- Has a tattoo of a star on her left hand, acquired at a Native American reservation in Minnesota.
- Was in consideration for the part of Sarah/Anna in _The French Lieutenant's Woman (1981)_ (qv) but 'Meryl Streep' (qv), who went on to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her performance, was cast instead.
- Sister of Peter Basil Mironoff and Katherine Mironoff.
- Daughter of Vasily Mironoff and Kathleen Rogers.
- At the premiere of _The Queen (2006)_ (qv) at the Venice Film Festival, her performance received a 5 minute standing ovation.
- Nominated for the 2002 Tony Award (New York City) for Actress in a Drama for "Dance of Death".
- Is one of six actresses to have won the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Golden Globe Award and SAG Award. The others in chronological order are 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) for _Erin Brockovich (2000)_ (qv), 'Renée Zellweger' (qv) for _Cold Mountain (2003)_ (qv), 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv) for _Walk the Line (2005)_ (qv), 'Jennifer Hudson (I)' (qv) for _Dreamgirls (2006)_ (qv) and 'Kate Winslet' (qv) for _The Reader (2008)_ (qv).
- Became an Associate Member of RADA.