Jul. 26th, 1945
Chiswick, London, England, UK
Helen Mirren's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Hundred-Foot Journey
2010 - Love Ranch
2010 - Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
2009 - State of Play
2008 - Inkheart
2007 - National Treasure: Book of Secrets
2006 - The Queen
2005 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
2004 - The Clearing
2004 - Raising Helen
2003 - Calendar Girls
2001 - The Pledge
2001 - Gosford Park
2001 - Last Orders
2001 - No Such Thing
2001 - Greenfingers
1999 - Teaching Mrs. Tingle
1998 - The Prince of Egypt
1994 - The Madness of King George
1990 - The Comfort of Strangers
1986 - The Mosquito Coast
1985 - White Nights
1984 - 2010: The Year We Make Contact
1984 - Cal
1981 - Excalibur
1980 - The Long Good Friday
1980 - The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu
1973 - O Lucky Man!
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Actress (segment "The Dame")
Becky's Inner Voice (Voiced)
Betty Duncan (segment "Dead Woman's Shoes")
- Met husband-to-be 'Taylor Hackford' (qv) when he directed her in _White Nights (1985)_ (qv). When the couple married in the Scottish Highlands, Hackford was dressed in a traditional Scottish tartan kilt.
- According to an article in People Weekly (November 3, 1980) her tattoo is an American Indian symbol meaning "equal but opposite".
- She is the only actress to play both Queen Elizabeth I (in _"Elizabeth I" (2005)_ (qv)) and 'Queen Elizabeth II' (qv) (_The Queen (2006)_ (qv)).
- Member of the jury at the Venice Film Festival in 2004.
- Nominated for the 2002 Tony Award (New York City) for Actress in a Drama for "Dance of Death".
- (1995) Nominated for Best Actress, Tony Award for "A Month in the Country" by 'Ivan Turgenev' (qv).
- (2007) She dedicated her BAFTA win for _The Queen (2006)_ (qv) (for Best Actress in a Leading Role) to 'Ian Richardson (I)' (qv) for playing a huge part in her success story. She said (in her acceptance speech) that Richardson was very supportive towards her when she started out acting, and without him she may not have been so successful. She dedicated this award two days after Richardson died.
- She and her husband 'Taylor Hackford' (qv) are both Oscar-winners.