Jun. 1st, 1973
5' 9 1/2"
Heidi Klum's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Mademoiselle C
2012 - Katy Perry: Part of Me
2011 - Hoodwinked Too! Hood VS. Evil
2007 - Perfect Stranger
2006 - The Devil Wears Prada
2004 - Ella Enchanted
2004 - The Life and Death of Peter Sellers
2003 - Blue Collar Comedy Tour: The Movie
2001 - Zoolander
2001 - Blow Dry
1998 - 54
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Heidi Klum was born in Bergisch Gladbach, a small city near Cologne, Germany, in 1973. Her career as a top fashion model and swimsuit star began almost by accident when, on a lark, she submitted photos to a model competition hosted by Petra, a young woman's magazine. Klum won the competition, and signed with Metropolitan, the German modeling agency. After modeling in Europe for a few years to great success, she went to the United States to pursue modeling there, and met with more success, culminating in her relationship with Victoria's Secret. This brought her to the pinnacle of modeling and, in 1998, the coveted cover of Sports Illustrated's annual Swimsuit Issue, cementing her status as one of the world's top models. Along with that came lucrative marketing opportunities, including her own signature lines of sandals, jewelry, and perfume.
Like many other models, most notably Famke Janssen, Klum then sought to parlay her fame into a career in Hollywood. She has appeared frequently on TV in the US and in Germany, and has had several small parts in movies, including a cameo playing Swiss bombshell Ursula Andress in the Peter Sellers biopic The Life and Death of Peter Sellers (2004). Klum is married to British singer Seal and, as of June 2005, was expecting a child with him -- she has a daughter, Leni, with a boyfriend from a previous relationship. While she is best known for her beauty and perfect figure (one of her nicknames being "The Body"), the tall and willowy Klum remains surprisingly down-to-earth for a supermodel - a middle-class Westphalian girl from a small city - and has an endearingly goofy, engaging sense of humor. She is famously close to her father, Gunther.
- Named #57 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Like many people in her hometown of Bergisch-Gladbach, she still enjoys participating at the annual carnival parade.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $8 million.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2001.
- Due to her TV commercials for Katje wine gums, the company's turnover increased by 26.6 million euros in Germany (2005).
- Wedding dress was designed by 'Vera Wang' (qv)
- Released her first single "Wonderland," written for a series of television advertisements of retailer Douglas, and reached #13 on the German singles chart (November 2006).
- Measurements: 35-24-34 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)