Nov. 10th, 1982
Long Island, New York, USA
Heather Matarazzo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Saved!
2004 - The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement
2002 - Sorority Boys
2001 - The Princess Diaries
2000 - Scream 3
1998 - Strike!
1998 - 54
1997 - The Devil's Advocate
1995 - Welcome to the Dollhouse
Guest TV Roles
Heather Matarazzo has been captivating movie-going audiences for almost two decades. Her unique talent and on-screen charm have earned her critical acclaim, including an Independent Spirit Award for her debut film, Welcome to the Dollhouse. Heather quickly followed up Dollhouse with a breakout performance in Taylor Hackford's thriller The Devil’s Advocate. In the following years, she worked non-stop on such films as 54, Getting to Know You, Scream 3, Sorority Boys, Freshman Orientation and the critically acclaimed television movie, Our Guys: Outrage at Glen Ridge, in which Ms. Matarazzo played a mentally challenged teen who is raped by a group of high school students. In 1997 Heather joined the cast of the smash hit series Roseanne for the final season. In 1999 she began production on Glenn Gordon Carron’s Now and Again, the largely successful sci-fi television show for CBS. In 2001 Heather starred in Disney’s box-office hit The Princess Diaries, directed by Garry Marshall.
That same year, Heather starred in Service Men off Broadway and made her Broadway debut in the Roundabout Theatres production of The Women, for which she was hailed “the next Joan of Ark” by the New York Observer. Following up her Broadway debut, Heather went into production for the sleeper hit Saved with Mandy Moore, Jena Malone and Mary Louise Parker. She expanded her fan base with her controversial work in Eli Roth’s Hostel: Part II.
Most recently Heather produced and starred in MANGUS, an independent feature film costarring Jennifer Coolidge, Leslie Jordan and John Waters.
- In April 2005, she was the keynote speaker at the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network of Boston's 15th annual conference, at Brookline High School, where she described her struggle to gain acceptance of her sexuality. "It was such a burden, because I had to pretend to be this person that I wasn't."
- Became great friends with Anne Hathaway during the shooting of The Princess Diaries (2001). They still call each other frequently and hope to be friends for the rest of their lives.
- Turned down reprising the role of Dawn Wiener in _Palindromes (2004)_ (qv).
- Her homemaker mom, Camille, and dad Ray - a data processor - live on Long Island.
- She is of completely Irish descent, and was adopted by an Italian American family (hence her surname).
- Attended BOCES Cultural Arts Center for musical theatre.
- Won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance for her starring role in "Welcome to the Dollhouse"
- September 1999 - Heather flunked the written part of her driving test - missing 11 of 20 questions.