Sep. 25th, 1961
Westwood, California, USA
Heather Locklear's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Flying By
2005 - The Perfect Man
2003 - Looney Tunes: Back in Action
2003 - Uptown Girls
1997 - Money Talks
1996 - The First Wives Club
1993 - Wayne's World 2
1989 - The Return of Swamp Thing
1984 - Firestarter
Guest TV Roles
First Lady Katelynn Christian
Herself - Guest
Heather Locklear is best known for her television roles as Sammy Jo Carrington on Dynasty, Officer Stacy Sheridan on T.J. Hooker, Amanda Woodward on Melrose Place, and Caitlin Moore on Spin City.
While attending the University of California, Los Angeles, Locklear began modeling and working in commercials for the school store. She made her earliest screen appearances in the early 1980s with small roles in episodes of CHiPs, 240-Robert, and Eight Is Enough, before beginning a long-term collaboration with Aaron Spelling. Spelling cast her in the role of Sammy Jo Dean during the second season of his TV series Dynasty, and the following year he cast her in the cop show T.J. Hooker with 'William Shatner'. Until the mid 1980s, Locklear would appear as a series regular on T.J. Hooker whilst making semi-regular appearances on Dynasty. She was a full-time cast member on Dynasty from 1985 until its cancellation in 1989.
Locklear was married for seven years to Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee from (May 1986 to August 1993). After their divorce, she married Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora (December 17, 1994) in Paris. She gave birth to a daughter, her only child, in 1997. Locklear filed for divorce from Sambora in February 2006. Their divorce was finalized in (April 2007). In April 2007, Locklear began a relationship with fellow Melrose Place alum 'Jack Wagner'.
- Guest-starred in episode "No Sniffing, No Wowing" of former _"Spin City" (1996)_ (qv) co-star 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv)'s new TV-series _"Two and a Half Men" (2003)_ (qv)
- Her daughter Ava Elizabeth has the same name as the daughter of 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv) and 'Ryan Phillippe' (qv). Heather's daughter is nearly 2 years older than Reese's.
- Attended UCLA for a short period of time. She chose to pursue an acting career in lieu of the completion of her studies towards a bachelors degree. Her father, William Locklear, has served in various UCLA high-level administrative positions (Registrar, Director of the Office of Residential Life, etc.).
- Shares a birthday with 'Catherine Zeta-Jones' (qv), 'Michael Douglas (I)' (qv), 'Will Smith (I)' (qv), 'Barbara Walters' (qv), 'Michael Madsen (I)' (qv) and the late 'Christopher Reeve' (qv).
- Turned down the role of Sarah Tobias in _The Accused (1988)_ (qv). The part went to 'Jodie Foster' (qv) who won her first Oscar for it.
- Born at 5:40pm-PDT
- (4 October 1997) Daughter, Ava Elizabeth, with ex-husband 'Richie Sambora' (qv), was born.
- Close friend of 'David Spade' (qv).