Apr. 10th, 1987
Christchurch, New Zealand
Hayley Westenra's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Daughter of New Zealanders Jill and Gerald Westenra. At age 6 she played in a school show called The Littlest Star.
By age eleven, she had appeared in over 40 stage productions, sung on TV shows and performed in major concerts.
She has performed for the Queen of England, President Bush, and Tony Blair.
She has recently appeared on the Hit Televison Series "American Dreams".
- Dueted the song ''Chattanooga choo choo'' with Heather Small for the 60th anniversary of VE Day in May, 2005.
- Has a younger sister, Sophie & a younger brother, Isaac
- She is said to have "perfect pitch". In addition to her singing talents, she plays the recorder, piano, and violin, and is learning guitar.
- An active supporter of the mission of the Nordoff-Robbins Center for Music Therapy, which uses the medium of music to help disabled children.
- She is a vegetarian, and was nominated by the organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) as the "sexiest vegetarian" in 2007.
- Sang the official UNICEF song " Children First " at the HC. Andersen jubilee in Copenhagen, Denmark, 2005. The song is a duet and was sung with Morten Harket, vocalist of the legendary Norwegian band, a-ha.
- Her grandparents were gifted in music. Her grandfather played piano and accordion, and her grandmother was a singer.
- One of her favorite movie stars is 'Orlando Bloom' (qv).