Apr. 10th, 1987
Christchurch, New Zealand
Hayley Westenra's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Singer in the Lair
Daughter of New Zealanders Jill and Gerald Westenra. At age 6 she played in a school show called The Littlest Star.
By age eleven, she had appeared in over 40 stage productions, sung on TV shows and performed in major concerts.
She has performed for the Queen of England, President Bush, and Tony Blair.
She has recently appeared on the Hit Televison Series "American Dreams".
- Sang the official UNICEF song " Children First " at the HC. Andersen jubilee in Copenhagen, Denmark, 2005. The song is a duet and was sung with Morten Harket, vocalist of the legendary Norwegian band, a-ha.
- Attended Cobham Intermediate School in Christchurch, New Zealand when she was a child.
- An active supporter of the mission of the Nordoff-Robbins Center for Music Therapy, which uses the medium of music to help disabled children.
- Dueted the song ''Chattanooga choo choo'' with Heather Small for the 60th anniversary of VE Day in May, 2005.
- One of her favorite movie stars is 'Orlando Bloom' (qv).
- Parents are Jill & Gerald
- She is said to have "perfect pitch". In addition to her singing talents, she plays the recorder, piano, and violin, and is learning guitar.
- She is a vegetarian, and was nominated by the organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) as the "sexiest vegetarian" in 2007.